Sign in to follow this  
SmalltalkJava

finding best value for gold/premium per money spent?

I'm new to the pc version of WOT.  

There are a lot of sales on the WOT web page now for gold and premium.   I was trying to figure out how to best spend some money I have.    I don't care about the silver addons, just gold and premium time.  Is there an online calculator that shows a real money value per gold breakdown for each item wargaming has on their site?    If not then how do I figure it out?

Amount of gold in package devided by price gives you among of gold per dollar. MathHax.

Add gold value of tanks/premium time to amount of gold for complete formula. Also decide if you actually want that tank and premium time.

Should be ~ 300. For EU packages with ~300 gold/Euro is what I consider nice. Offer of the month is one of the deals, 1 month premium (2500 gold worth) and 3500 gold for 20 euro's. 

Premium time is approximately 10 eu/month which is decent if you ask me and very helpful.

Be careful with premium tanks if you are new, better learn what tanks you want to play before you put money to tanks you may never play.

Amount of gold in package devided by price gives you among of gold per dollar. MathHax.

Just to add to this, 250 gold per $ is the basic for the $100 default gold package, so when WG offers "deals" I'd hold out for at least that GP$ before considering them.  Otherwise it's better to save up until you can afford a better package

WG has a fairly solid history of offering terrible deals, though the current paypal ones don't look that bad, though even that is relative since it's good compared to their normal pricing, but their normal pricing is pretty awful 

I'm pretty sure the $25 Best Buy cards give the most Gold/$ still even though they lowered the amount

Used to give 250gold/dollar. Now they don't.

The 100$ gold package is technically the best conversion rate.

The absolute best bang for your buck is to get a nice premium tank. If you need a little gold to get you on your feet, fine. Once you have some solid crews and good tanks earn gold by playing in daily, weekly, and weekend tournaments...

Then, never pay again.

For EU: If you can understand German or are willing to suffer google translate Eisenkarl does an asessment of the new offers in their forum thread. He usually manages to post it the same day or within a day of the new offers appearing. You can find the standard oackages here.

Because you can make "free" gold in skirmishes playing when you would have been playing anyway.

It all depends, for example I cannot play skirmishes due to family balance, but in the same time I can spend $100 per month and consider it as an entertainment.

If you're playing this game on a regular basis without premium you are doing something wrong. the 50% income bonus nets you about 100% bonus in profits not even considering to speak about XP...

2 T8 premiums for grinding are probably worth it if you plan to do 10k more battles and can afford it.