kunjuro

The "Maus" that roared! (Tier IX replacement)

You could get flanked by a maus.

Circled by a T95

To be fair, one of my early (still had only the 120 ffs) and most memorable games in the T95 involved pushing through the enemy's north group on Airfield, and successfully "flanking" an M46 that was playing the center hill. He facepalmed hard in chat after he realized what killed him.

You can flank anything in anything else, all you need is for them to not look at the map too closely...

However, this thing seems like another credit grab because it's got mandatory HEAT...

It's confirmed that this thing can mount 128 also, sauce from FTR (http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/07/straight-outta-supertest-mauschen-with-128cm/):

(15cm stats in brackets)
Stock gun: 128mm (149mm)  <-- Not sure why it says stock gun, does it mean that this brick come with 128 STOCK? TY WG for easy grind if so.
Damage: 490 (750)
Penetration: 246 (225)
ROF: 4,171 (3,129)
DPM: 2044 (2346,4)
Reload: 14,384 (19,178)
Accuracy: 0,403 (0,46)
Aimtime: 2,88 (3,07)
Depression: -7/+25 (both) 

Wonder if the TX gets the 15cm as well, a buff sorely needed.

Are people seriously speculating on how a change that isn't on the live client yet will affect a tank that isn't on the live client yet?

lol rly 12,8 stock gun? This line turns from one of the worst T9 stock tanks into one of the best. With the Vk you have to fight other T9s with a shitty short 10,5 and now you get a cool 12,8 ^^

lol rly 12,8 stock gun? This line turns from one of the worst T9 stock tanks into one of the best. With the Vk you have to fight other T9s with a shitty short 10,5 and now you get a cool 12,8 ^^

Well it's historical...

No gun less than 12,8cm was mounted on the Maus, unless you plan on grinding a 12,8mm using only the secondary 75mm coaxial gun... :P

This thing is looking very nice due to stock 128mm, no second turret and the option of 150mm (For which I'm sure the HEAT round will rock)

I still think a 200mm rounded cupola will bait more bounces and misses then penetrations. You will have people aiming there with guns that can pen the turret front and missing/ricocheting. 

Assuming it is actually rounded and not a hexagon or something it won't be any weaker than the LFP is anyways. 

If this is released though the tier 10 Maus will need some kind of buff. It really should get the E-100s gun at least.

I agree Max.

It is likely to be properly rounded, given the model is HD.

Also, given the height of the Maus, it will be pretty tough to aim for the cupola at close range, much like the commander's cupola on the KV-5.

I know it's still in supertest, but that terrain resistance is the worst out of any elite tank in the game at the moment. Combine that with a HP/ton under 10 and you won't be going anywhere all too timely.

Really the maus should get the long 128, the jagdtiger's one. That would make the tank fun enough to play, you still will be too slow to react but at least you can fuck people up.

Really the maus should get the long 128, the jagdtiger's one. That would make the tank fun enough to play, you still will be too slow to react but at least you can fuck people up.

Actually, I'd prefer the JPE100 to have that choice. Then it would be awesome.

I would be nice actually, i would be the "odd one" out of the tier X TDs, high dpm "low" alpha.

Might the Waffenpanther get a 128 option along with its 150? That'd fill that niche.

Maus with the long 128 would be nice. If not, just making its current 128 absurdly comfortable would work nice and work well with its playstyle of constantly keeping the tank perfectly angled. If you could basically ensure you'll hit in close/mid range without aiming, keeping the armor positioned well would be a lot easier.

Might the Waffenpanther get a 128 option along with its 150? That'd fill that niche.

Maus with the long 128 would be nice. If not, just making its current 128 absurdly comfortable would work nice and work well with its playstyle of constantly keeping the tank perfectly angled. If you could basically ensure you'll hit in close/mid range without aiming, keeping the armor positioned well would be a lot easier.

Would be nice to see the Maus's 128mm get buffed to 6 RPM (Ferdi RoF).

Would be interesting watching it DPM other heavies.

I'd prefer JPE100 to have the 128 gun with 3round clip (IRRC gun itself a historical proposal)

There was once a 150mm L/71 proposed for it.

WG didn't pursue this for reasons.

Talking about commanders hatch and all. I think with the global accuracy nerf with less b00lits going to centre when not fully zoomed. So even if it's 200mm it should be pretty hard to hit. I hope :)

There was once a 150mm L/71 proposed for it.

WG didn't pursue this for reasons.

15cm L/63 and L/68 were the choices

And the 17cm L/53 that WG used

Much like the FV4202, the cupola is a trap. It's just as tough as everything else.

Personally, I'd be happy for the Maus to have a RPM of 6 and nice gun handling for less accuracy as balance.

A rolling bunker with DPM is like a heavy tank version of the Tortoise. The Maus needs love, because it's been power played to fuck by T10 TD's, premium ammo and other shenanigans.