IAmA_Tank_AMA

Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. C Bee Farm

Not sure anybody actually is capable of disliking it. The only thing is....it's pretty much gold spam required and it is expensive as shit to run.

Not sure anybody actually is capable of disliking it. The only thing is....it's pretty much gold spam required and it is expensive as shit to run.

I didn't. Fully upgraded the thing, spammed Ap shells first. Did nothing. Bought gold spammed that. Saw the cost. Said "NOPE". Annnnnnd sold the thing. Never plan on rebuying it.

What tanks do you use gold on?

I find myself only loading gold for other PZ I Cs, everything else you can flank (at least in tier 3)

I rarely use gold on this, I just avoid things like T-127s and the like.  I do carry two clips of gold for "just in case" situations, of course, but given that I already run 100 gas on it I try to avoid any further expenses.

It's still my most played tank at over 800 battles, and it's still a lot of fun, but if I wanted to seriously play tier 3 I'd roll in a cruiser IV instead

Well considering the gold only gives you, what, 9mm extra pen, I don't really find it makes much of a difference, similar to gold on the luchs. I also carry two or three clips for just in case.

Luchs is more fun IMO. The gun is great, so is the maneuverability, whereas the Pz.I.C bleeds speed when it turns; That being said, the Pz.I.C is also a hell of a lot of fun. Just my two cents

I've kept it for practicing active scouting though my stats in it are miserable. I'm bottom tier in nearly every game which means I have to find tanks I can pen - but I'm also a terrible driver (if there's any obstruction near me, I'm probably going to crash or get snagged on it) and I'm trying to improve. I rarely play the tank and I suppose I haven't sold it because I hope someday I'll be a better tank driver and enjoy it more.

Surfing is good, running headlong down an enemy lemming train, weaving between tanks and somehow surviving was a blast but I don't recommend it, hardly ever ends well. But fun!

Pz I C kinda sucks imho, bought it for funsies but it turned out to be a waste. I can kinda understand why people would find the playstyle fun but Im having a real hard time anyone can make an argument that the tank is actually good. The pen and range both completely cripple the tank.

>:| quote system not working for me

@AwesomeMedic

The thing is, it lives for top tier games. And when it's top tier, it wrecks (exception: T-127/AMX 38/D2). Sure, tier 5 games suck and you are relegated to purely scouting and arty/paper TD hunting, but it's worth it for those glorious top tier games. The ability to destroy any tank of it's tier in seconds, and load again in like 7.5 seconds is incredible.

Edit: and since it's only a tier 3, the expected damage is low and yoloing for the lulz doesn't get you into much trouble

Edited by JPower

I never ran it with a 100% primary qualification crew, but still found it fun for the time it took to elite it.  

My tier 3 of choice is the Locust, which has to be VERY careful around the 1C.  It's probably the scariest tank in tier that the locust faces, even though it's front gets some bounces.  

quote system not working for me

@AwesomeMedic

The thing is, it lives for top tier games. And when it's top tier, it wrecks (exception: T-127/AMX 38/D2). Sure, tier 5 games suck and you are relegated to purely scouting and arty/paper TD hunting, but it's worth it for those glorious top tier games. The ability to destroy any tank of it's tier in seconds, and load again in like 7.5 seconds is incredible.

Edit: and since it's only a tier 3, the expected damage is low and yoloing for the lulz doesn't get you into much trouble

I dont even feel like it wrecks when top tier. Yeah, up close and personal against badly armored tanks it's very powerful, but the fact you need to get up close and personal is just a really bad idea. There's not really much room for outplaying your opponent when your gameplay consists of driving up to people and holding down LMB. Not only that, but almost any tank can wreck T3 players because of how bad they are. Giving up your ability to meaningfully contribute in a third of your matches in trade for being slightly more powerful against the players you'd massacre anyway is just... a really weird decision.

You need to get to early spots where you have a safe area to clip

Rexxie you seriously don't think this tank is OP in it's own tier?

You can clip t3s in about half/three quarters of the clip

And the speed is amazing

I dont even feel like it wrecks when top tier. Yeah, up close and personal against badly armored tanks it's very powerful, but the fact you need to get up close and personal is just a really bad idea. There's not really much room for outplaying your opponent when your gameplay consists of driving up to people and holding down LMB. Not only that, but almost any tank can wreck T3 players because of how bad they are. Giving up your ability to meaningfully contribute in a third of your matches in trade for being slightly more powerful against the players you'd massacre anyway is just... a really weird decision.

Yeah, I suppose that's all true... but, you don't ever like yoloing and clipping them to death? come on, you know it's fun sometimes

I never really enjoyed it or played it well to be honest... I know it's me but I just don't have time to practice... there's too many other tanks and some just are easier for me to play... 

t1 cunningham exists for that :P

Fair enough  :verysmug: however I just feel like even more of a horrible person at tier one  :tongue: I use my cunningham for lag-tests lol