JenkaTamar

9.6 accuracy changes explained

Ripped from For the Record http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/06/9-6-accuracy-change-explained/#more-21969 There are graphics that are important to the explanation so go take a look. Seems the changes are roughly that they decreased the chance of a shot going to the center of the circle from 16 percent to 10 percent. But they increased the percentage of shots that go into the area around the center of the circle by the same amount. This means that if your fully aimed you will hit the same as always but Snapshots will be much wilder.

It would seem not. There are 10 "Zones" in the aiming circle in 9.6 and when your at full bloom the "9th Zone" around the center can get Dammed large and a larger portion of shots will go there than the Center "10th zone"

So, RIP IS-6, also it will prove sucessful at the only reason why they did it, test server levels of gold spamming inbound to NA, should re-roll euro if my ping allowed it (the cheap bastards, run loose there). WN8, should decrese by half a shot worth of damage (IMHO).

So, RIP IS-6, also it will prove sucessful at the only reason why they did it, test server levels of gold spamming inbound to NA, should re-roll euro if my ping allowed it (the cheap bastards, run loose there). WN8, should decrese by half a shot worth of damage (IMHO).

there aren't already near-test-server levels of goldspam going around at high tiers?

I don't think so, i mean some from some tanks yes, there are (Conq GC, T-54, E-100, above yellow IS-7s) but it could be much, much worse. This also made me realize, fuck the IS-7 :D, so fucking tired of IS-7s snapshots.

I actually welcome these accuracy changes.  Means less snapshotting which also means that a LOT less pubbies will get lucky with their snapshots hitting me, which means I live longer which means I get to shit on pubbies for even longer periods in matches!!!!

TY War Gaming for nerfing pubbies and buffing Unicums :)

I like it a lot.  Inaccurate guns should not be snap shoting at 400 meters. 

I am REALLY hoping it puts an end to Arty shotgunning shit on the fly.  That has gotten REALLY old in the last 6 months to the point that I hardly ever see an arty TD mode shot miss.

Waaait a minute. Reducing dead center hits by approx 6% - that much I get. But it also looks like they also tighted up shell distribution - in 9.6, less shots are hitting the edge of the reticule (despite claims to the opposite from test server players, go figure).

accuracy_02_1.jpg

That's actually a bit more far reaching than just redistributing 6% of the center hits elsewhere. In a way, that's actually making aimed shots even more accurate, especially with high pen guns where you don't need to hit exactly where you're aiming. It's reducing RNG. So much for all that "GAME IS GOING TO SHIT, INCREASING RNG, GG".

I think this is a bit more impactful than I first imagined.

It's exactly like I experienced on the test server, it's no longer a game of either stupid good rng or stupid bad rng, but more balanced. You aren't going to get as many 400m full bloom hits, but you also shouldn't have as many of those "how the fuck did that not hit" shots. Good change in my books.

It looks like if you use the reticle with the 66% markers to execute autopen snapshots then you'll see no change. It should only be full bloom yolotard snapshots that connect less often (slight nerf to firing on the move). Seems like a reasonaby well thought out change, although I doubt it'll help KV5s and T110E5s that much...

Looks like it's a nerf for for the deep reds and unicums who rarely fully aim shots and a buff for the average and good players who aim more fully.

It's also an arty buff, since arty players rarely snapshot. Not sure why some people are rejoicing about this being a supposed arty nerf. Fully aimed shots will hit the center more frequently now, right?

It's also an arty buff, since arty players rarely snapshot. Not sure why some people are rejoicing about this being a supposed arty nerf. Fully aimed shots will hit the center more frequently now, right?

They hit the center less frequently, and right next to the center more. Arty will probably have more splash hits if there's any noticeable change at all to fully aimed shots.

Waaait a minute. Reducing dead center hits by approx 6% - that much I get. But it also looks like they also tighted up shell distribution - in 9.6, less shots are hitting the edge of the reticule (despite claims to the opposite from test server players, go figure).

accuracy_02_1.jpg

That's actually a bit more far reaching than just redistributing 6% of the center hits elsewhere. In a way, that's actually making aimed shots even more accurate, especially with high pen guns where you don't need to hit exactly where you're aiming. It's reducing RNG. So much for all that "GAME IS GOING TO SHIT, INCREASING RNG, GG".

I think this is a bit more impactful than I first imagined.

This. It's a buff.

does the rng accuracy system in any way calculate for excess range?...it seems that the new changes will reduce aimed accuracy for derps (as an example) at short/mid range and actually tighten groups at ranges beyond something like 150m .