JenkaTamar

9.6 accuracy changes explained

It's always so confusing when you guys say one thing and then Wargaming says another. According to WG, the losers of the 9.6 accuracy change actually ended up being highly inaccurate arty pieces, but here we are in this thread making fun of people who thought arty was nerfed.

Unless storm is just pulling numbers out of his ass, those were actually the results, not just the intention. The problem is both that Storm/SerB don't mind doing exactly that and wotlabbers tend to assume things that haven't even been proven.

The effect on the general population might not be the same as the effect on skilled players. If a lot of arty players were taking un-aimed or partially aimed shots and counting on the snapshot effect, they could see a nerf that wouldn't impact more patient/skilled players.

Thanks onboard for looking up the actual quote, since I'm lazy as fuck.

The effect on the general population might not be the same as the effect on skilled players. If a lot of arty players were taking un-aimed or partially aimed shots and counting on the snapshot effect, they could see a nerf that wouldn't impact more patient/skilled players.

Thanks onboard for looking up the actual quote, since I'm lazy as fuck.

yep.  according to FTR, the class with the biggest hit was arty, but could be attributed to taking unaimed shots.

Low tier arty took the hit (or rather can't hit), not the large high tier guns that splash you for a third of your health in a HT because reasons. Always remember that there are far more players in low to mid tiers than in the tiers the average wotlabber plays for the most part, so overall numbers get skewed by that.

Waaait a minute. Reducing dead center hits by approx 6% - that much I get. But it also looks like they also tighted up shell distribution - in 9.6, less shots are hitting the edge of the reticule (despite claims to the opposite from test server players, go figure).

accuracy_02_1.jpg

That's actually a bit more far reaching than just redistributing 6% of the center hits elsewhere. In a way, that's actually making aimed shots even more accurate, especially with high pen guns where you don't need to hit exactly where you're aiming. It's reducing RNG. So much for all that "GAME IS GOING TO SHIT, INCREASING RNG, GG".

I think this is a bit more impactful than I first imagined.

If this image is accurate, it seems to me that as long as the desired hit area of the armor (weakspot of the armor, or whatever area considered penetratable) is within half of the diameter of the aim circle, the shot will most likely count.

In such sense, WG might not only discourage snap shots, but also discourage fully aimed shots under mid range?

Also,it seems to be a very promising approach to do a slightly aimed shot with high penetration gun/ammo. You can expect the penetration while extending the exposure span only by a bit.

It's always so confusing when you guys say one thing and then Wargaming says another. According to WG, the losers of the 9.6 accuracy change actually ended up being highly inaccurate arty pieces, but here we are in this thread making fun of people who thought arty was nerfed.

I trust WG's data analysis as much as the average WoTlabber's stats knowledge. I'd need to see a lot more data to draw conclusions than what has been mentioned on FTR.