WaterWar

T28 Concept review by WaterWar

Got this tank after months of more 4.9k damage LT-15 games than I want to admit to. Tank has a lot of potential, but I cant help but feel like its much squishier than intended. It's thin skinned compared to the AT-15A, which fights smaller guns with 1/5th of the cupolas, 1050 HP, 20-60mm more armor, and far more than enough gun depression to hide the one cupola it does have. In terms of armor, if the AT-15A was a T95, the T28 HTC would be a Foch. Kinda awful in comparison, the HTC needs to abuse corners just to get the kind of protection an AT-15A gets sitting in the open.

I do appreciate the slightly improved mobility and better punch, though. If the tank did have ~1k HP, I think it would be pretty good. A 105mm is just what you want at this tier, and the extreme gun traverse (even compared to the AT-15A) makes corner abuse a breeze.

The advantage it's got at the moment (at least on AsIa Server) is that pubbies just don't know where to shoot it, and that auto-aiming at it with tier 7s and many tier 8s just results in a bounce.

The gun gun hits very hard for its tier and APCR will ensure that you can pen pretty much anyone you meet, but it can be derpy.

Mobility and it's turning rate is still an issue, and you need be careful in not letting yourself get outflanked. It's like a JT88 in this regard, but with way better gun traverse.

10 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Got this tank after months of more 4.9k damage LT-15 games than I want to admit to. Tank has a lot of potential, but I cant help but feel like its much squishier than intended. It's thin skinned compared to the AT-15A, which fights smaller guns with 1/5th of the cupolas, 1050 HP, 20-60mm more armor, and far more than enough gun depression to hide the one cupola it does have. In terms of armor, if the AT-15A was a T95, the T28 HTC would be a Foch. Kinda awful in comparison, the HTC needs to abuse corners just to get the kind of protection an AT-15A gets sitting in the open.

I do appreciate the slightly improved mobility and better punch, though. If the tank did have ~1k HP, I think it would be pretty good. A 105mm is just what you want at this tier, and the extreme gun traverse (even compared to the AT-15A) makes corner abuse a breeze.

too bad it has 20mm roof armor, meaning your arty target #1 -.-

So a year and a half ago I posted in this thread saying "I'll probably never finish the missions to get one"

I was wrong I totally had one about 4 or 5 months ago but I sold it because it's fucking trash, same with the Stug IV

I at least played a few battles in this one before selling it though

On 17. kolovoza 2016. at 6:38 PM, GehakteMolen said:

too bad it has 20mm roof armor, meaning your arty target #1 -.-

And speed is issue too, perfecr for cancer scumbags. 

4 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

So a year and a half ago I posted in this thread saying "I'll probably never finish the missions to get one.

I didn't play Stug4, i sold it emediatly become i hated Stug 3? But T28 is rather nice in T7 and even in T8 matches. Still people are quite dumb to pen it. I have about 2.1k dpg in it. Very situational tank.

This tank is garbage. Gimmick armor that only works against a corner and no tier 7s+ going 22, glacial turn speed, inexplicably bad soft stats and a gun a step down from every other tier 7 TD. The tumors ruin the armor in any other situation, with effectiveness dropping like a rock the closer you get to enemies. In half a dozen games every one seems to know to shoot the giant-ass side tumors, I know I've had very little problem hitting them facing these things myself. It's obvious they were planning on sheltered MM and it got pulled, it needs the gun and associated stats from the T25 before it can even begin to be taken seriously. Right now it's roughly on par with the AT-15A yet without the sheltered MM.