Meirzin

Leopard 1

Leo makes me giddy I love her so much.  I want to sell all my other tanks after playing this thing, it is pure gold.  Who needs armor when you can peek and sneak a bullshit shot around cover faster than someone can realize you're there. 

Purples please upload more 9.0 replays! Leo is already my highest WN8 tank but I want moar and the mastery.

Played my kitty last night - this game was a heartbreaker.

4.6k damage, 114 defense points, 6.4k WN8

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/inspectorbean-na-388a08e17ea7520a30de987f897e8a44/steppes-germany-leopard-1-36134785325758683

Down to 1v3 at the end, all I needed was another half second to kill the T30.

It's crazy how small mistakes early game can snowball. I had shots on the T-44 earlier - had I properly aimed he would have not been alive in the end game and I would have probably won.  

After killing the waffle I didn't realize that I had become the hunter, and that they were probably scared of me - I was expecting to be jumped at any time, which is why I went to go all the way around the map again. I should have known that they had chased me down the 1 line a ways when I didn't see them while kiting or fighting the waffle. I had already assumed that the game was lost, so it was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Other lesson learned is that the middle road is not the best way to reset cap, playing the hill like I did against the waffle would have been superior, if I would have been able to get there in time.

Anyone else got any tips/tricks that I could have used?

Leopard 1 is my favourite tank at the moment. It's my go-to tank for therapy when I'm angry, with the game or otherwise. I feel like I can always manage at least half decent games in it and it's never helpless or useless unless you've made some bad decisions.

Meirzin, think I'll watch a few of your replays tonight after work. I suck in this tank atm. I want to be better in this tank. I get some good games, then others I get myself stuck in the prison shower with a bar of dropped soap.  It pisses me off because it's the tank I was waiting for and squee'd with girlish glee when it came out... and I blow donkey dick 55% of the time in it... It cuts deep... 

However... yay Leopard is awesome if your not a complete retard in it like me!

Right first time back in the Leo1:

http://wotreplays.com/site/853615#south_coast-darkapostle-leopard_1
http://wotreplays.com/site/856610#ruinberg-darkapostle-leopard_1
 Critiques pl0x?

The Leopard 1 so boldly marked 
by dark rosettes on dark gray steel. 
Distinct and sleek in handsome paint 
a scheming mind lies deep within. 

By far the shrewdest of the cats, 
the largest of the carnivores. 
A stealthy hunter somewhat sly 
with razor sharp and spiteful claws. 

So secretive, elusive too, 
it prowls on rocky, craggy ground 
or lurks in forests riverine 
and stalks its prey without a sound. 

With killer instinct for the chase 
it strikes with a ferocious force 
and drags the Maus carcass back 
for further meals without remorse. 

It shows no mercy for its prey 
A predator for all its days 
the cat whose spots won't ever change 
is one that's best left out of range.

Had a VERY rough start in mine:(  avg 2500dpg, 39.1% after 23 battles.

Holy hell i wasn't able to carry hard enough so many games.

I need to do more damage.  Seems i did get caught in a streak of shit games where i always get stuck with the 44% platoon and the other side has the purple platoon.

Teams melted so fast.  Even in the games where i really put some hurt on, or completely confused a flank so the pubbies could help me wipe it, the other side would melt before i could stop it.

I feel very little of that 2500 was "useless" damage.  Would have much more damage if the games lasted longer than an average of 4 minutes during that stretch lol.

Love the tank though, i know my numbers will come up and my winrate will get to where it should be.

So from reading this are most people playing the leo like an invisi sniper, popping up to take a shot then disappearing again?

I've got the indien unlocked but for my first Tier X i went for the fv4202 because british pride etc ect.

Any similarities in playstyle?

So from reading this are most people playing the leo like an invisi sniper, popping up to take a shot then disappearing again?

I've got the indien unlocked but for my first Tier X i went for the fv4202 because british pride etc ect.

Any similarities in playstyle?

The playstyle of the Leopard really just explains itself once you get your hands on it. leverage your speed, accuracy and camo for maximum damage and annoyance. In any case, once you elite the PTA, you are basically playing a Leo with shit gun handling and dpm, so whatever skills you acquire carry over quite well.

I played this a bit on my sheriff account recently.

The gun is great but this thing just doesn't have enough effective HP to carry consistently in pubs.

I think the STB is better if you're looking for a medium with good depression, even with the terrible gun handling. The turret can actually bounce stuff and it also absolutely wrecks stuff at close to medium range.

If you want a super accurate gun, the E-50M is just superior for pubbing because its effective HP is so much higher.

I think this is the greatest comeback carry I've ever done/witnessed in a Leopard 1 in my life.

Was so awesome. :P

53a554099c81a5288f010000.jpg

Leo1 might not be the smartest, prettiest or the most popular girl around the block. Maybe she doesn't do well in school, not good at math, not as successful as others, maybe she's plain and average at many things and only good at few.
But who cares? If she's the best girl, if she's the most fun for you to be around, if you can't stop loving her and adore her, then who are they to say that she's not the best girl?!

Leo1 is best girl.

Hey Guys,

I need to ask you a question which might not directly belong to the Leopard 1. It's about crew skills. Which crewskills did you pick for grinding through all those tanks before you finally unlocked the Tier 10? Currently I'm on the tier 6 and run 4x camo and 6th sense. What are your suggestions for 2nd?