MrsmilieyfaceC8

The Jitters

1st of all I have no idea where to put this but whatever.

basically I have ran into a problem many times that I never really thought about...

When I'm in a close match and a lot of the winning is up to me I get extremely jittery, like my aim will suffer and I can really feel the pressure. I just aim so bad that literally I can miss an IS-7's tracks at 20meters, I've had this problem before when playing pubs, CW, skirmishes, and wglna before aswell... 

What do you guys do to decrease being jittery? I've decided for now that I'm gonna take a small 5-10minute break some deep breathing and a cup of water after a match like that. But in game is there anything I can do? because I don't want to be all jittery when I need a clutch 1v2 and I can't aim. and if I were to enter WGL again I don't think my team would want me to have a decrease in effectiveness later in the game that would carry over to the next match.

That's how I felt the other night when playing with The Replacements. Bounced the side of a 13 90 three times because of it and got fucked in a 1v1. To reduce I just think "Meh, if they don't find me good, then idgaf, because everyone has a bad game" and it goes away.

Being drunk helps, when I play while drunk I'll be dead because YOLO long before it gets to any kind of tense situation lol.

The rest of the time I don't know, I think some people just get all hopped up on adrenaline and get the shakes, I remember once while on my way to a kolabanov's having to stop and hide for 60 seconds to shake it out and take some deep breaths, but that only helped slightly, and you might not always have that luxury.

Another option might be to take up zen buddhism and be the imperturbable tanker.

Id reccomend trying some of this. (http://www.livingbydesignonline.com/ananga-living-by-design-blog/2009/6/9/5-anti-stress-breathing-techniques-to-help-you-feel-calm-any.html). Myself beeing a classical guitar player i often get to perform infront of live audience. For me the best thing to do to calm myself down is to breathe deeply and try to clear my mind. Next time your in a clutch situation try to get hold of your shakiness by steady deep breathing and you many even say outloud what your objective is (example. I have to def base now. I know i will encounter this and this tank which is on "enter hp here", how to approach them...) . Just focus on the objective and try not to overthink everything you do. Gl

When I feel like I'm jittery, I hit the DPI switch on my mouse which is set to like 1/2 or 2/3s of my usual DPI. It's not going to stop dem jitters but it certainly will at least help with the aiming issue.

Take headphones off, close your eyes, and take several deep breaths imagining you sinking down upon each exhale. Clear your mind as much as possible.

Not sure if this will help you, but it helps me a lot.

This doesn't really fix the underlying problem but if you want a "quick fix" that wont mess up your aiming, try jittering your leg/knee/foot. If you actively jitter your foot instead of your hand then over time it will switch, because muscle memory or habit or science or something.

*Disclaimer: I don't have any actual science to back up claim =D

What you are experiencing is what's known as "combat high", where the adrenalin is pumping so much, it makes you feel jittery, and feel good no matter what happens in game.

Unfortunately, there isn't a huge ammount you can do outside of playing like that 100% of the time. After a while, most soldiers grow accustomed/immune to its effects. Best thing you can do is relax, take a short break, walk around a little bit, and just breathe normally, but with your hands on top of your head.

Slsoz drink a sugary drink, like soda or fruit juice, as it will help with the sudden downer if it was a particularly high adrenaline boost.

What you are experiencing is what's known as "combat high", where the adrenalin is pumping so much, it makes you feel jittery, and feel good no matter what happens in game.

Unfortunately, there isn't a huge ammount you can do outside of playing like that 100% of the time.

After a while, most soldiers grow accustomed/immune to its effects.

Like I said, experience.

Don't worry about the outcome, regulate your breathing, and play. Do it enough times and you start to get used to it.

I got it in boats the other day, was just getting on a roll when suddenly my hands started spazzing the fuck out. Were freaks OP. 

Masturbate frequently.

Also this. 

Mixing bourbon with your meds? I hope you know what you're doing.

Definitely.  In fact my doctor said "You  have to stop drinking beer., But hard liquor or wine (In "moderation" of course) is fine.".

1st of all I have no idea where to put this but whatever.

basically I have ran into a problem many times that I never really thought about...

When I'm in a close match and a lot of the winning is up to me I get extremely jittery, like my aim will suffer and I can really feel the pressure. I just aim so bad that literally I can miss an IS-7's tracks at 20meters, I've had this problem before when playing pubs, CW, skirmishes, and wglna before aswell... 

What do you guys do to decrease being jittery? I've decided for now that I'm gonna take a small 5-10minute break some deep breathing and a cup of water after a match like that. But in game is there anything I can do? because I don't want to be all jittery when I need a clutch 1v2 and I can't aim. and if I were to enter WGL again I don't think my team would want me to have a decrease in effectiveness later in the game that would carry over to the next match.

Just calm down and stop getting so excitable. The ability to keep a calm head under pressure will help you out immensely in life down the road.

True story.... about 4 years or so ago I was at a family reunion for my wife's family. At a state park, they'd rented one of the big gazebos. One of the old dudes there was leaning against the railing of the gazebo (the floor was raised about 3 feet off the ground, hence the railing). This old dude had a mini-stroke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack), he lost his balance, and tipped over backwards. He went over the railing and fell on the ground, landing on his head, lost consciousness. People freak out, yelling happens, etc. etc. etc. I had my phone out already browsing the web. Call 911, tell them a guy fell and hit his head, the state park we're at and a gazebo number. Took about 45 seconds all together. As I hang up the phone, about a minute after he fell, everybody else was still either milling about, panicking, or just gawking. Took another couple of minutes before anybody else started looking for their phone to call for paramedics.

I don't know if the quicker call time to 911 helped or not (the guy turned out to be ok, just a concussion and the mini-stroke), but it was disturbing that out of about 50 people, of which I was about the youngest, nobody else tried to call 911 for almost 5 minutes.

Kewai mastered the art of fapping while playing Obj 704 years ago.

and perfected it on WTE release (BRB digging for screenshots)

Just calm down and stop getting so excitable. The ability to keep a calm head under pressure will help you out immensely in life down the road.

True story.... about 4 years or so ago I was at a family reunion for my wife's family. At a state park, they'd rented one of the big gazebos. One of the old dudes there was leaning against the railing of the gazebo (the floor was raised about 3 feet off the ground, hence the railing). This old dude had a mini-stroke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack), he lost his balance, and tipped over backwards. He went over the railing and fell on the ground, landing on his head, lost consciousness. People freak out, yelling happens, etc. etc. etc. I had my phone out already browsing the web. Call 911, tell them a guy fell and hit his head, the state park we're at and a gazebo number. Took about 45 seconds all together. As I hang up the phone, about a minute after he fell, everybody else was still either milling about, panicking, or just gawking. Took another couple of minutes before anybody else started looking for their phone to call for paramedics.

I don't know if the quicker call time to 911 helped or not (the guy turned out to be ok, just a concussion and the mini-stroke), but it was disturbing that out of about 50 people, of which I was about the youngest, nobody else tried to call 911 for almost 5 minutes.

is this even related I've got to ask