Bavor

Mod to show current maps in rotation?

Would it be possible to make a mod that shows the current maps in rotation based on what was recently uploaded to vbaddict by the players using the Active Dossier Uploader? I guess it could also show when the map rotation actually changes.

I'd find this useful for when I want to play certain tanks, but the current maps in rotation are some of the worst for those tanks.

Would this be allowed under the current rules form Wargaming? I can't find anything that would prohibit it.

Seems like it's just Prokhorovka and Fiery Salient for me today... 

I really wish they'd make a feature to disable certain maps sort of like the battle type filter.

Seems like it's just Prokhorovka and Fiery Salient for me today... 

I really wish they'd make a feature to disable certain maps sort of like the battle type filter.

With the amount of shit maps in the game, people would realize just how poorly WG has been designing their game.

And WG can't have that, can they?

My brothers and I play solo, but sit right next to each other. Sometimes I pick a tank based on the maps they are currently on, or avoid picking E100 for example because they have both loaded into prok, works pretty well.

Every map is bad so what the point of it , you pick a tank and you always get the worse map for it. l think they changed some maps in 9.6 . 

My brothers and I play solo, but sit right next to each other. Sometimes I pick a tank based on the maps they are currently on, or avoid picking E100 for example because they have both loaded into prok, works pretty well.

Unfortunately I don't have two brothers int he same room who play WoT. Neither do most other players. That's why I think the mod would be useful.

Unfortunately I don't have two brothers int he same room who play WoT. Neither do most other players. That's why I think the mod would be useful.

Yea, I was merely proving that the ability to know the map pool does work to some degree, thus your idea has merit. However its not a foolproof method to getting the map, you can simply avoid picking tanks that are poorly suited to those maps, etc.

Yea, I was merely proving that the ability to know the map pool does work to some degree, thus your idea has merit. However its not a foolproof method to getting the map, you can simply avoid picking tanks that are poorly suited to those maps, etc.

I've noticed that when you seem to get a lot of the same maps or similar style maps for the first 30 minutes of an hour on the clock, you can plan your tank selection for the next 30 minutes based on what was popping up. I think the map rotation chances every 60 minutes, but it doesn't seem to happen exactly on the hour. That way when the rotation has shown Malinovka, Prokhorovka, Steppes, and Firey Salient for the past 30 minutes since the last map rotation change, I know not to play my E100 and play something else.

So basically the mod could not only show what maps are coming up in rotation, but when it might be changing.

I'm amazed nobody has made a mod like this already.

If this existed it would be sooo useful! It would prevent me from trying to do the Light Tank missions and realizing it's just Himmlesdorf and variations of Ruinberg in the rotation. 

Well that would be a great idea for a mod except that ALL existing/valid maps are in the rotation - at least according to WG anyway

Some come up more frequently that others which is actually a matchmaking bug that they are looking to fix - or at least that was the last official statement anyway.

I personally love Prokhorovka and Firey Salient - usually a mastery badge field (more so on encounter)

Well that would be a great idea for a mod except that ALL existing/valid maps are in the rotation - at least according to WG anyway

Some come up more frequently that others which is actually a matchmaking bug that they are looking to fix - or at least that was the last official statement anyway.

I personally love Prokhorovka and Firey Salient - usually a mastery badge field (more so on encounter)

I read before that the maps in rotation changes every hour. If you keep track of the maps in rotation while you are playing, you would see this is true. Especially if you disable encounter and assault modes. For standard battle mode, it looks like its limited to the same 4 or 5 maps every hour. Then the map rotation switches.

Yes all maps that haven't been removed from the game are in rotation. However you don't get every single map as a possibility every hour. The maps switch every hour and are limited to under half a dozen maps.

im no programer, but i guess it wouldnt be hard to make a mod that would automatically send info what map you just played and return what others are rapporting.

you play --> mod --> server  that gathers everyone's input (map and server) --> mod interface tells you whats in rotation based on statistical data from other users.

I would imagine it would be very difficult to do. but it might be possible.

(it could also be very laggy, depending on how well its done) 

as for disabling maps, the only one I can really say I would disable immediately if it was implemented would be Prok/fiery salient. and even then only because arty. (IMO its not that bad without arty on the map)

I read before that the maps in rotation changes every hour. If you keep track of the maps in rotation while you are playing, you would see this is true. Especially if you disable encounter and assault modes. For standard battle mode, it looks like its limited to the same 4 or 5 maps every hour. Then the map rotation switches.

I believe the theory is that there are a set of maps at each battle tier, so all or most maps might be in rotation, but not at the tiers you are playing.

I believe the theory is that there are a set of maps at each battle tier, so all or most maps might be in rotation, but not at the tiers you are playing.

Playing around with keeping track of maps while playing various tiers, it seems that there are a few different maps in rotation for tiers below tier 6.  At least it looked that way to me.  Maybe tier 6 and up get different maps in place of the maps the low tiers get.  

I've figured out how to get this information with a mod and send it to a central server. A problem I haven't solved is how to authenticate the transactions. What's to keep someone from sending in false reports and screwing up the data? I was easily able to spoof the XVM server to grab stats with a Python script. This would be worse because information is flowing the opposite direction.

Maybe we should ask if Phalynx would like to implement this to vBAddict homepage. vBAddict is receiving dozens of battle results every minute so I believe he has all the needed data.

Maybe we should ask if Phalynx would like to implement this to vBAddict homepage. vBAddict is receiving dozens of battle results every minute so I believe he has all the needed data.

Yea VBAddict and the Active Dossier Uploader would probably have enough info for the app to work.