I like beer, lets discuss good beer.

I'll start with some of my favorites

Left Hand Milk Stout

Sierra Nevada Narwhal Stout (yes my clan has a beer, sup)

312 Wheat

Fat Tire

Dogfishhead 90 minute (120 is great but $12/bottle)

Magic Hat #9/IPA

Torpedo Double IPA 

Golden Monkey

and my #1 Favorite beer 

La Fin Du Monde 

Give me some new ones to try!

I really like Bière Nouvelle. It's a ale from a small French brewery, just by the border to Belgium. It has a very nice amber color, is fermented a second time in the bottle and is highly carbonated. The lively carbonation with lots of bubbles makes the foam last and makes this beer a bit special. The taste isn't extraordinary. It's well rounded , not sweet-ish like many Belgian ales and a bit dry-ish. Towards champagne.

It comes in 75 cl bottles with cork. It's brewed over the winter meaning 2015's batch should be coming soon. Highly recommend!

and my #1 Favorite beer 

La Fin Du Monde 

Good man !

(Though I like Trois Pisole better. Or liked, rather, since Unibroue is apparently not distributed in the Old World any more :( )

I really like Bière Nouvelle. It's a ale from a small French brewery, just by the border to Belgium.

Fuck me, we'd have a good ale that I would not know of ?

*looks it up*

Oh, it's by the 3 monts guys. 3 monts is already ok, as far as supermarket  ales go, will have to find this one.

Also, I do think we already have a thread, at least on alcohol in general if not on Beers in particular…

Also, I do think we already have a thread, at least on alcohol in general if not on Beers in particular…

Then this is the Shiny New BEER ONLY thread!~

Stuff I've been drinking regularly (or need to drink more, in the last one's case) in the last few months :

beer_87287.jpgbeer_2406.jpgbeer_336.jpgbeer_6945.jpgbeer_135361.jpgbeer_2224.jpg

Plus the usual trappists (Orval, Chimay blue & White, Westmalle Triple and of course Rochefort 10)

They serve that in the new bar/restaurant right next to my doorstep, but the owners (and a sizeable chunk of the patrons) seems so hipsterish I can't bring myself to cross the threshold.

Can find this easily, though : beer_528.jpg

mmmm Guiness

GuinNess, dammit.

And drank 4.5 litres of it between 8PM  friday and 8PM saturday, because 6 Nations.

Greene King has apparently made a recent commercial push to place Bellhaven Black in the neighbourhood, though :/ My local Irish pub has hold fast to Guinness, naturally  but still replaced their Smithwick with a Bellhaven equivalent.

I took me like half a  year of regular sampling for it to grow on me.

I drink it once every few months, and I keep getting reminded I don't like it.

I don't love Guinness but it's better than 80% of the beer people drink here in the US. I'm looking at you Anheuser-Busch/Miller/Coors, Yuengling is the only Domestic Big Box Brewery I can stand. 

I don't love Guinness but it's better than 80% of the beer people drink here in the US. I'm looking at you Anheuser-Busch/Miller/Coors, Yuengling is the only Domestic Big Box Brewery I can stand. 

I don't appreciate the american "lights" either. Too near to water.

Van waar in Belgie? @ RutgerS

I tried the brewhouse blond. Should be a Koelsch.

What they brought looked more like a glass of horse pee. In cologne you can get killed for such a sacrilege.

To be honest, I don't really like Guinness

Yeap. After more than year of not-seeing a Guiness in one of my local shops since I saw it first time, I decided to finally dont let chance run away and buy one. Then I got to drinking it, aaaaaand nope. Nearly twice higher price but less size than other expensive beer (at least here), it wasnt quite something I would get again,

Just found out there actually is a English Beer's Prayer. Wasn't sure if it was a German only thing. So let us begin:

Our Lager,
Which art in barrels
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk,
I will be drunk,
At home as in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head
and forgive us our spillages
as we forgive those that spill against us
and lead us not into incarceration.
But deliver us from hang-overs,
for thine is the beer,