waikinboom

M48/M60 Fan Club

Well, now that both of these tanks have been buffed and remodeled I'm wondering they are now different enough to warrant splitting this thread?

The M60 feels really good right now, RU speed and aimbot gun handling.  The new uber-HEAT is addictive.  Its gone from being a hipster tank that was clearly inferior to a legitimately good tank.  Its still not OP (though its ammo might be) but the buff struck a great balance of making it different and worth playing.  

So, the M48 in 2020 for an average-ish player... one one level, I really like it. It's comfortable to play, but is is most definitely suffers from the power-creep in the game with some noticeable weaknesses. Firstly, it's turret isn't that great, vulnerable to HEAT and also with some flat bits that can get penned by standard rounds too. It can side-scrape but overall the armour isn't great. Mobility is a bit on the slow side too for a medium, meaning you will find getting to certain spots pretty difficult, especially if you don't get a favourable spawn.

On the plus side, gun depression, awesome gun handling, DPM, and top-tier view range (my mastery in this tank was a 15k combined game with nearly 11k in spotting on Studzianski). The weaknesses do hold it back in the current meta, but somehow it's still fun to play.

100 games, 55% win rate (dropped off quite a bit recently as I've been spamming games in it), 2,361 average damage with an average of 1,113 assist (by far my highest average assist, the average damage is middle of the road). Conflicted. I find it fun to play, but can't really recommend it in the current meta.

With a good (4.9ish skills) crew, turbo + improved vents + directive + rammer, throw coke into the mix and this tank is _really_ nice.

The turbo makes a big difference imo to being able to contest positions as well as being able to run away when things go south. I've not noticed a big upswing in games won but the tank just feels that much more comfortable that it is back into the running for my favourite T10 med.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:53 AM, simba90 said:

With a good (4.9ish skills) crew, turbo + improved vents + directive + rammer, throw coke into the mix and this tank is _really_ nice.

The turbo makes a big difference imo to being able to contest positions as well as being able to run away when things go south. I've not noticed a big upswing in games won but the tank just feels that much more comfortable that it is back into the running for my favourite T10 med.

I agree that Turbo really helps it, as you say, being able to more reliably get to those important spots and relocate more reliably can make a big difference in some games. I ran about 20 games it with a Turbo, Rammer, Optics and Optics directives (turbo replaced Vents) setup to compensate for the loss of VR from dropping Vents and found it quite nice. I'm too cheap to run food and the optics directives can be bought for those otherwise useless anniversary coins so I figured why not.

As per my little review above, even though it's clearly not the best in the current meta, it's just fun to play.

I picked up the Patton today, and I've got to say I've fallen in love with this thing. I'm only 4 matches in, but it's sooooooooooo comfortable. It's my fifth tier 10 tank, and my favorite so far. I'm using the same equipment setup as Balthazars to pretty great success (by my standards at least)