waikinboom

M48/M60 Fan Club

I went with Rammer/Vent/Optics.

VS seems like a waste with how small the blooms are.

Do you think that holds true with the M46 as well? Its bloom values are almost as good as the M48 and I can always dig a DPM increase from vents over V-stab.

I just went with stabs/vents/rammer, got viewrange skills anyways. The M48 comfy level is 10/10, a really great tank for pubs sadly today is weekend so fuck everything.

fucking bulbas rekt my dpg :serb: Paddon can be hard to keep over 3k dpg platooning with 62As and 215bs all day not to mention the arty focus.

I took this thing for a spin a couple of matches yesterday and in one match my gun was damaged. I had to look twice to make sure because it did not seem to hurt the gun very much. I repaired it but I think I would have been fine the rest of the match with it broke. Or maybe it is because I'm getting used to that T-34/100 gun...

Now, with the rebuff, does it still need vert stabs?

Sort of tempted to run optics for that 500m view range on my ridiculously good crew :)

Then again, I get 445+ view range without it, it's just that I can insta-spot anything within 445 if I got 500m view range.

About to get it, wondering how big the aim circle is now.

=]

Also, I assume smooth ride would be useless for the patton, because 0.95*0.8 (from memory from tanks.gg) is still around 0.8?

Cax I think is better in every single mobility stat pretty much, plus you get -10 instead of -9, a slightly better turret and it'll snipe better. 

better camo too I think.

Both tanks very close IMO, both decent, not Russian hovermeds but next bracket down.

I think Fatton/CAX/STB-1 are all similar in competitiveness but preference may come down to playstyle. 

I run mine vents, rammer, v-stab +cola but I am tempted to maybe put optics on to chase MOEs because with optics + BIA + cola + view range skills you have 514m view range. 

With that sort of view range you'll just pick up assistance damage without even trying. 

if you have v-stab, BIA etc. then I think smooth ride and snap shot are pretty useless because you are trying to reduce 0.06 turret and 0.08 moving. 

Cax I think is better in every single mobility stat pretty much, plus you get -10 instead of -9, a slightly better turret and it'll snipe better. 

better camo too I think.

Both tanks very close IMO, both decent, not Russian hovermeds but next bracket down.

I think Fatton/CAX/STB-1 are all similar in competitiveness but preference may come down to playstyle. 

I run mine vents, rammer, v-stab +cola but I am tempted to maybe put optics on to chase MOEs because with optics + BIA + cola + view range skills you have 514m view range. 

With that sort of view range you'll just pick up assistance damage without even trying. 

if you have v-stab, BIA etc. then I think smooth ride and snap shot are pretty useless because you are trying to reduce 0.06 turret and 0.08 moving. 

On one hand yeah on the other you get a bit more trollbounces from the hull and better gun handling meaning less exposure. 

Though I assume speed is noticeable

Also, I assume smooth ride would be useless for the patton, because 0.95*0.8 (from memory from tanks.gg) is still around 0.8?

As far as I know, the game still calculates for the thousandths.

As for whether it's actually worth removing 0.004 dispersion, that's up to you. Personally I would try to get the bloom down as much as I can, but I'm fond of autoaiming & firing on the move from hundreds of meters. A lot of people prefer to stop and aim down the dispersion, though I think this is often something of a waste; the difference low dispersion makes in aim time isn't as big as the one it makes in OTM shooting.

Regarding vertical stabilizers, since you're talking about 0.08 dispersion upon turning and accelerating (default dispersion without vstab is 0.1), I would assume you've made your decision already.

As far as I know, the game still calculates for the thousandths.

As for whether it's actually worth removing 0.004 dispersion, that's up to you. Personally I would try to get the bloom down as much as I can, but I'm fond of autoaiming & firing on the move from hundreds of meters. A lot of people prefer to stop and aim down the dispersion, though I think this is often something of a waste; the difference low dispersion makes in aim time isn't as big as the one it makes in OTM shooting.

Regarding vertical stabilizers, since you're talking about 0.08 dispersion upon turning and accelerating (default dispersion without vstab is 0.1), I would assume you've made your decision already.

Nah, I havent.

I haven't even bought the M48A1 yet. :P

So I was just wondering, because then that would free up the Vert Stab for my T-54.

Sort of tempted to run optics for that 500m view range on my ridiculously good crew :)

Then again, I get 445+ view range without it, it's just that I can insta-spot anything within 445 if I got 500m view range.

Ummm toss out the vents? Vents aren't a game breaker they are squeezer for max gun handling/dpm.

Tried out the M48, pretty good tank so far, VS/Vent/Rammer with BiA+ Food for maximum accuracy.

With sit. Awareness and recon my VR is at 485, which is more than enough to spot north crossing of mountainpass from south spawn.

This is basically the ideal M48 setup.
If you have a shit crew (the crew doesn't even matter, just BiA + camo + one other skill) though, I'd recommend against vents and take optics instead if your crew(commander) is trash.

You prefer improved dispersion so you want to remove V.Stab? K den...

What I meant by improved dispersion is if you look on tanks.gg, by adding vents, you decrease your base dispersion by around 0.02, from 0.34 to 0.32. Vert stab however does not affect that dispersion, only affects on the move and turret traverse dispersion. Does the Patton need the extra on the move/turret traverse dispersion or does it need the base dispersion?

http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/m48-patton#eq:40E4004

QB, in his video of the Patton, said that the Patton in 7.5 didn't even need vert stabs. Has it been buffed back to similar levels?

...No Vstab is always needed. It reduces the time from full bloom to no bloom after a turret rotation as well (iirc)
Shooting while turning the turret on the move is the calling sign of a med, if you can't hit stuff while on the move (and it's not like stuff drives in front of you to shoot) then you're useless as a med 50% of the time unless you're Carbonward and duh chai snipah.

It's not a matter of pure numbers on paper, it's what numbers actually matter in practice. 
Take a Vstab.