zapyoug

xvm camo colors

Question to all of you with overalls of dark blue/purple and above

How much more do you tend to get focused with these higher colors? because I remember once I made the transition from green to teal there was a certain increase in how much I got yolo rushed and prioritized above other tanks by the enemy team (dont forget arty love <3)

Clan tags honestly get you focused more than anything.

Even blue shitters like Tom and I have arty riding our dicks all battle because of the CHAIBASUAR tag.

Really depends on the map, if the arty are half decent (normally the good arty focus on the easy-to-hit targets that need killing ASAP, which usually isn't me), and what tank im driving.

But if its some 3-man shitter platoon all running xvm, and its Malinovka where i spawn in with my T29 in a tier 8 game? Yep, the focusing is real.

I found myself getting focused quite a bit in the WN7 era (when i started with dark green, hit blue 1000 battles in because StuG III G is OP OP OP). Suddenly WN8, back down to dark green and i didn't notice anything odd... then the second i hit blue (before light blue/teal was existent), i got shat on again.

but yes, clan tags tend to get you screwed over more than stats, since you don't need any mods to see that someone is in a top 10 clan.

Is it fair that I tell my side to go after an purple first? (To be fair, I usually overhear my clanmates say player X is good, kill on sight in TS3)

While you spend half your match focusing the purple that knows how to play and avoid your gun. His yellow teammates are steamrolling you while you're tunnel visioning.

GG you just lost the match - but at least you did 500 damage to the unicum.

From how often I hear someone on my team say "focus X" or "kill X first" at the beginning of a game I think it's safe to say purples and to a lesser extent blues get more shots fired at them in general.

Green is very common and therefore pretty safe, blue is common-ish to see in the higher tiers but uncommon enough that it'll usually only be 1 to 3 per team. My overall is blue (although I just came back after a long break and my recent is green-ish) and I can definitely tell the difference if there's a purple on my team and in the same general area, I swear I would get away with backing out ass-end first, fully aiming and taking a shot without anybody shooting at me if so much as a pixel of the lit purple guy's tank isn't blocked by indestructible cover

edit: I wonder how much exactly yellows can get away with.

From how often I hear someone on my team say "focus X" or "kill X first" at the beginning of a game I think it's safe to say purples and to a lesser extent blues get more shots fired at them in general.

Green is very common and therefore pretty safe, blue is common-ish to see in the higher tiers but uncommon enough that it'll usually only be 1 to 3 per team. My overall is blue (although I just came back after a long break and my recent is green-ish) and I can definitely tell the difference if there's a purple on my team and in the same general area, I swear I would get away with backing out ass-end first, fully aiming and taking a shot without anybody shooting at me if so much as a pixel of the lit purple guy's tank isn't blocked by indestructible cover

edit: I wonder how much exactly yellows can get away with.

I played on a freinds account who was yellow/orange overall a while ago and I felt kinda ignored, though when he went to play on mine a few days ago it went like

-oh E75 so good these guys cant even pen-implodes from several arty shells impacting at once

If I remember correclty someone on wotlabs tested this: a unicum borrowing a yellow account to see if he gets focused more while in his purple account.

Can't remember who did it though...

Is it fair that I tell my side to go after an purple first? (To be fair, I usually overhear my clanmates say player X is good, kill on sight in TS3)

I remember way back when I was in my first clam there was a good bit of

hes purple murrdurr hiimmm!! (clam adverage was orange)

If I remember correclty someone on wotlabs tested this: a unicum borrowing a yellow account to see if he gets focused more while in his purple account.

Can't remember who did it though...

Thinking of it now, I belive garbad did that a while back

the only problem is

• Active Posts 5,364

So it might be a wee bit hard to find

Private_Miros has a yellow xvm camo account that he uses, idk where the exact thread is.

But after I joined otter, I've been noticing a lot of tank just suiciding at me in the hopes of trying to get 1 shell of damage in.

I have access to a 1.9k wn8 account, and whenever Im on that I can notice a pretty big difference in how aggressive I can get away with playing.

You get some mr sexiis once in a while who go full retard trying to trade their life for one or two shots on you. I don't think it matters much though; what really makes the difference imo is that some good players who play a more aggressive game tend to be spotted more often in riskier positions so they're really just the most readily available target.

Source: I've played 1-2 thousand games on a green and a blue account. I've also played a few hundred games on my old sheriff account.

The biggest thing I noticed (Maybe my overall isnt high enough for any sort of yolos) when socking a 700 wn8 E50M was that high level players would just engage me so sloppily. They would do things assuming I could not play, and generally correct them quickly, but I would get a free trade. The best thing that ever happened was just getting fully ignored and racking up nearly 7k damage in the second game I ever played in the tank. 

Or calling QuickyBaby weak. 

That was fun too. 

I'm not up to you guys stats and I get singled out in matches where i am top WN8, so on top of clan tags and uninca status it is relative to the skill of the team you are on from what i have seen

Taking initial positions that are hyper aggressive will get you focussed by artsy and plebs either way, a lot of good players do that wether they are playing a 3k overall account or a 900 account so they find themselves focussed by arty either way

My xvm camo account has only VIII tier tanks so I can't check spg focus in top tier battles. Still I feel more safe with 790 WN8 than with 2700. Everybody underestimates me and I have great time owning pubbies. 

The biggest thing I noticed (Maybe my overall isnt high enough for any sort of yolos) when socking a 700 wn8 E50M was that high level players would just engage me so sloppily. They would do things assuming I could not play, and generally correct them quickly, but I would get a free trade. The best thing that ever happened was just getting fully ignored and racking up nearly 7k damage in the second game I ever played in the tank.

Or calling QuickyBaby weak.

That was fun too.

Another good reason to turn XVM off.

I'm not up to you guys stats and I get singled out in matches where i am top WN8, so on top of clan tags and uninca status it is relative to the skill of the team you are on from what i have seen

This...

If you are one of the better players xvm wise on the team you will be considered a "top target" maybe not as vigorously as a purp/blue but they still see you as a threat! I'm assuming the logic is take out the best players and the rest will crumble. I have to say the logic is somewhat correct.

It can also backfire though as someone else pointed out..

My xvm camo account has only VIII tier tanks so I can't check spg focus in top tier battles. Still I feel more safe with 790 WN8 than with 2700. Everybody underestimates me and I have great time owning pubbies. 

How do you keep the number low?

Which explains why your clan does so well in clan wars.

Your logic is this: He's the one enemy player on the team who knows precisely how to use his armor and draw your aggro, and you want to go after him first.

Do you also headbutt a shark in the teeth?

Well, from my experience people who are most likely to focus according to stats are in the 650-1400 WN8 range. People below 650 tend to focus according to which tank they think is most OP at the moment - so the same type as the one that killed them in the last battle. If that one is not available, the focus shifts on the line, then nation and then tank class. On the other hand, people above 1400WN8 tend to be skilled/experienced enough to make better choices when it comes to targeting. There are exceptions though.

Clan tags honestly get you focused more than anything.

The day I got JKL mafia tags it was like someone flipped a switch and everyone was focusing on me.  I initially thought it was a bad day but it continued for weeks.  Its not like I was in a top 25 clan, yet people were going out of their way to shoot me.  

I drop JKL mafia tags and all of a sudden its like I'm being ignored.

Since I'm taking a break form clam wars, maybe I should join a baddie clan for clan tag camo?

I think the biggest factors are clan tags and the transition from blue to purple colour. Tomatoes are REALLY colour sensitive it seems...

Yep and seem to be totally blind to the bloody mini map at the same time. I have seen on many occasions my team focus on a really good player in a light on the other side of the map from us and totally ignore immediate fatal threats like a red heavy sat right in our cap. Its like they totally dont care about losing as long as they can get at least one pointless shell into the unicum. You guys are a major distraction to tomatoes  :happy:   

Its like trying to herd cats whilst someone (the unicum) keeps shining a laser pointer all over a wall. I've seen a mouth breathing heavy chasing a blunicum in a light all over the map totally ignoring the Td capping us out just to "kill a blue".