SULOMON

Rocket tanks and flamethrower tanks!

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/07/13/13-7-2013/ Apparently rocket tanks and flamethrower tanks are going to be introduced. I am a huge supporter of flamethrower tanks, link to my flamethrower tank thread with reasons why they would be effective, http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/234041-flamethrower-tanks-please-read-before-replying/

As for rocket tanks tanks I suspect almost all of them will be blueprints since most rockets were based on trucks and half tracks (with the exception of the Sherman calliope). I also wonder how their reload will work because it took a long time for rockets to be rearmed or it's possible that there wouldn't be a reload and each time a person fired they would fire off a small portion of their total rockets. I also find it hard to believe that they would be very effective due to extreme inaccuracy. Blowing tracks off is a high possibility but a direct hit seems rather unlikely.

Weren't you banned from here?

he was, and then he was unbanned again

It's a serious post, therefore I will stand up for the thread.

It'll be interesting. It's going to be hated... But how fast will the reload be? How much ammo carried? Most only carried enough for a couple salvos. And it'd be impossible to survive a full barrage.

A rocket salvo could be great for trying to reset a cap - just barrage the circle. Accuracy of rockets won't be that high except maybe at 50 meters.

Oh god I can see it now.

1.  WG introduces flamethrowers.

2.  Patch hits, everyone free exp's and buys flamethrowing tanks.

3.  MM is logjammed with flamer tanks.

4.  First match is 25-30 flame tanks.

5.  Both teams initiate huge brawl to test out their new toys, suddenly particle effects everywhere.

6.  Bigworld cannot into particle effects, everyone's FPS drops to 6 and ping goes 999.

7.  Game becomes unplayable, players demand flame tank removal.

8.  WG refuses since people spent money to unlock them, WG find itself up the same shit creek they were with arty.

9.  Every time the flame tank issue is brought up SerB replies that players should upgrade their abacus and move next-door to the server.

It'll be interesting. It's going to be hated... But how fast will the reload be? How much ammo carried? Most only carried enough for a couple salvos. And it'd be impossible to survive a full barrage.

It will look cool and seem fun for the 7 year old lemming window lickers playing on their XBoxes zooming around on fast tanks spewing jets of napalm or saturation bombing with rockets.  Match countdown timer goes to 0 and the entire team scatters like cockroaches in a chinese resturant when someone tirns on the lights ...

One thing i proposed a very long time ago was incendiary artillery shells for area denial, it would burn for a set time and tanks standing on the fire would take damage. Another use would be to burn down bushes and trees to remove concealment.

Take that, noob forest campers. :P

^ that. THAT!

And will the Maus receive it's flamethrower in the back of it's turret. Would be funny to see one shit fire at peoples who tries to shoot it's back.

I also saw a render of the BM-13 Katyusha on the russian website. If it come out, I'm gonna be in it. shooting rockets everywhere, and to the face of the scout coming toward me.

Must be scary to see 42 rockets coming toward your face.

I also saw a render of the BM-13 Katyusha on the russian website. If it come out, I'm gonna be in it. shooting rockets everywhere, and to the face of the scout coming toward me.

Must be scary to see 42 rockets coming toward your face.

The Katyusha render is from an april's fool a few years ago.

I demand the Maus receive the dual flamethrowers it was destined to receive before they realized they couldn't stop burning oil from dripping down into the engine.

What about the flame tank from Command & Conquer? But yes I know the fact that its fuel tanks are both out in the open would make it a real moving torch.

Flamethrowers would be lie short range arty now that I think about it. Since flamethowers have an arc.

What about the flame tank from Command & Conquer? But yes I know the fact that its fuel tanks are both out in the open would make it a real moving torch.

What about the Dragon flame that could go underground? Emerging in enemy base between three open helpless spgs... yummi.

As for Calliope - I want it, but imagine size and vulnerability of its ammo (rocket) rack.

One thing i proposed a very long time ago was incendiary artillery shells for area denial, it would burn for a set time and tanks standing on the fire would take damage. Another use would be to burn down bushes and trees to remove concealment.

Take that, noob forest campers. :P

That sounds actually quite nice. It would really need big area of effect to be usable for blocking areas on the map though. Otherwise you could just drive around the fire. The fire effects would probably totally destroy your fps though.

Werent flame thrower tanks mainly anti-infantry vehicles?

Yes. But they can still be effective against tanks.

I'm curious what the splash damage would be when you pop a rocket launcher tank?  Depending on load it would/should have a rather wide radius of wanton destruction.