cheesyhoney

CS:GO thread

On 3/20/2016 at 2:04 PM, mereelskirata said:

So I just de-ranked on a win... Is that supposed to be possible?

yep. if you did terribly :^ )

Also this is why this game is cancer sometimes

20160321004630_1.jpg

I'm mildly interested in CS:GO but i haven't been following it.

Does it use official servers or player run servers? How does it handles high ping?

1 hour ago, Shackram said:

I'm mildly interested in CS:GO but i haven't been following it.

Does it use official servers or player run servers? How does it handles high ping?

Official servers, and use this video to see

3 hours ago, jackquerudo said:

Official servers, and use this video to see

Not as bad as i expected, but i'd still be getting around 220ms to US east coast servers.

On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 1:04 PM, mereelskirata said:

Yup I'll add you on steam. What is it though?

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, mereelskirata said:

remember its about elo and % values. so if you were on the very bottom of the % of your rank and people moved up into it you would be in the lower rank, but it wont update until after a game.

2 hours ago, Gandaran said:

remember its about elo and % values. so if you were on the very bottom of the % of your rank and people moved up into it you would be in the lower rank, but it wont update until after a game.

I guess that would explain it.

Also I turned 15$ into 60 doing trade up contracts (I calculated exact float values so I could do profitable trade ups). And then I got super unlucky and lost it all. Oh well.

Had my first comp match, which was a blitz

FqW5pS8.jpg

And i thought i was bad, what with not knowing the maps well and stuff.

My steam name is the same as here if anyone wanna play.

Did they reset the rank for CS: GO? I went on a hiatus for 4-5 months (was MG) then I won a match this morning where 3/5 of the team isn't shit just to get my rank back and I got Silver II instead ._.

Edit: Probably because I went MIA most players got ahead of me and I got moved all the way down...

14 hours ago, MAJEST1C said:

Did they reset the rank for CS: GO? I went on a hiatus for 4-5 months (was MG) then I won a match this morning where 3/5 of the team isn't shit just to get my rank back and I got Silver II instead ._.

Edit: Probably because I went MIA most players got ahead of me and I got moved all the way down...

There was a big rank reshuffle a few months ago because of a bad distribution of ranks beforehand (too many players at the higher ranks). You should be able to quickly rise up through the ranks when you start playing more regularly. The hiatus pushed you even further down the ranks than the reshuffeling would've. I went from MGE to Silver 4, but now I am up to Nova3 and still climbing.

12 hours ago, WaterWar said:

There was a big rank reshuffle a few months ago because of a bad distribution of ranks beforehand (too many players at the higher ranks). You should be able to quickly rise up through the ranks when you start playing more regularly. The hiatus pushed you even further down the ranks than the reshuffeling would've. I went from MGE to Silver 4, but now I am up to Nova3 and still climbing.

Hopefully... Silver is  cancer right now

Here's my steam profile if anyone want to play CS: GO with me http://steamcommunity.com/id/Maj35t1c

It's funny because one of my m8s was LEM with me but now he's GE with relatively no difference in skill.

Changing my crosshair to a dot help a lot, I'm getting twice the amount of headshot :awyeah:

I was getting verbally harassed by teammates who were obviously queued together so I subtly threw the match.

Someone glitched bomb and blamed me? Blame me for not watching your own angle? Rage in voice chat all game?

Better almost-clutch rounds every time for 'failing' to hear a guy coming from behind. :kwim: