cheesyhoney

CS:GO thread

I still play CS: GO some what causally. When it comes to competitive mode I barely have anyone to play with and mostly clueless... Is there any good guide(s) out there?

The only map I truly understand is Dust II.

Did anyone watch the DH-Cluj-Nepoca tournament? What are your thoughts?

I can feel myself slowly shifting more and more away from WoT and over to CSGO. So I spent a lot of time watching the games. I think I've seen about 14 hours worth of games during the five days the tournament ran. I was disappointed/annoyed with the performance of NiP. First they wreck TSM and then they absolutely fail again NaVi. Couldn't they have let TSM win the game if they weren't going to show up for the NaVi game anyway? :( 

On 11/3/2015, 11:33:16, WaterWar said:

Did anyone watch the DH-Cluj-Nepoca tournament? What are your thoughts?

First of all, PGL made this major the best out of sheer production value with the stage, interviews, and an inside look on some of the pro's careers and how they started.

It was so exciting to see upsets happen everywhere at 3-4am PST. NA didn't show up, as is tradition, and LG is still holding the title for highest chance to upset in a 1v1. The NiP magic really made me happy to see them on form until they lost to NaVi (No bald Thorin :( ). Also hated to see VP get dunked by G2 again (they lost a Bo1 to G2 16-0 a few months ago after Pasha said, "Kinguin no chance, my friend." the day before), but they really deserved it as they were on fire. And, as predicted, the baguettes reigned supreme this major, albeit due to the lack of pressure of TSM and VP. Most of the games were fun to watch before I passed out and I still never got a souvenir case even after letting my PC stream it when I went to bed. Lastly, got a gold from the Pick Ems challenge and I put a bunch of NiP stickers on my desert strike and named it M4A4 | EZ LOSS.

TL;DR Upsets everywhere, EnvyUs won, production value was outstanding, NiP gave false hope.

I really need people to play with... First game, people start insulting each other until they get mad enough to TK, one guy gets banned, one guy rage quits and leaves. Second game I'm the only one with a mic. I ask if anyone else has a mic and two respond with "I do, but I'm listening to loud music right now". The other two get mad that nobody is calling out positions, even though they don't have mics themselves... Someone please play with me. (I'm MGE/DMG)

Yay this thread exists.

I have no idea how to play this game well, I've just been queuing against easy bots in random modes for ~1month and had my first few casual games today, where I finished 50-75% down the team list pretty consistently. Highlight was getting 2 kills on enemies that got flashed, lowlight was dying 5 rounds in a row within the first 30s to fucking faggots with AWP's. 

Can anyone send help4luna?

Was afk for 3-4 months from CSGO, decide to go back after the ranking rework.

1. Match to get my rank displayed again, top fragged as well as MVPs, got demoted from fucking DMG -> MG2

2. Played 3 games, top fragging and won all, nothing changed.

3. Lost the next one, still same rank, top fragging again

4. win like 2 more matches, tie the third match and win 5 in a row afterwards. Top fragging again in all of the matches expect one.

5. ???

6. Still GN2, gg, wtf is this shit

Was afk for 3-4 months from CSGO, decide to go back after the ranking rework.

1. Match to get my rank displayed again, top fragged as well as MVPs, got demoted from fucking DMG -> MG2

2. Played 3 games, top fragging and won all, nothing changed.

3. Lost the next one, still same rank, top fragging again

4. win like 2 more matches, tie the third match and win 5 in a row afterwards. Top fragging again in all of the matches expect one.

5. ???

6. Still GN2, gg, wtf is this shit

Same story but started LEM.

All you need is hand-eye coordination and get used to positions/callouts on maps.

After that climbing all depends on whether or not your team actually calls stuff out.