cheesyhoney

CS:GO thread

Same story but started LEM.

All you need is hand-eye coordination and get used to positions/callouts on maps.

After that climbing all depends on whether or not your team actually calls stuff out.

TFW we all were like SEM~GN3 and they had SEMs and a DMG, what in the actual fuck was that.

I remember when i started playing this game. No skins, no fucking M4A1-S, no CZ, pistols were all shit, scout was overpriced and shitty as hell and ranks didnt exist.

Also throwback to when the deagle could fucking oneshot you in the stomach and it took like 95Hp in any other situation (except HS, then it did like 200+).

Or when the decoy cost like 200 and was even worse than now.

Havent played in a while. Solo is bad and everybody i know quit for various reasons. And i dont wanna learn cyka blyat.

^ I'm just solo-ing my way up to a rank where I can play with my friends again as I was demoted for no fking reason. Finally, after like 15ish games finally from GN2 -> GN3 lel.

I think people focus too much on their rank. Just like people focus too much on WN8 in WoT.

Just play the game and have fun in the mean time. I don't see a big problem. It is just a small symbol next to your name anyway. 

Anyone is free to add me to their in-game buddy list, but I am EU, so cyka blyat and different time zone. Also I am not particularly good (yet). Can't remember the rank I have, but I think it is called GM.

I think people focus too much on their rank. Just like people focus too much on WN8 in WoT.

Just play the game and have fun in the mean time. I don't see a big problem. It is just a small symbol next to your name anyway. 

Anyone is free to add me to their in-game buddy list, but I am EU, so cyka blyat and different time zone. Also I am not particularly good (yet). Can't remember the rank I have, but I think it is called GM.

It's the fact that there is such a large skill gap between players. I have literally zero competition and just run around with an MP7/9 with the occasional rifle buy to end games.

The games are so lopsided its not even funny, much less fun to constantly dump 3 players a round in half a second.

I just had to teamkill a guy and got banned for 30mins. Those shitsticks at GN are just aids, I was never GN in the first place, lowest I've been was MG1 after the first 10 games.

The ranks are all over the place right now, so just wait for the dust to settle. Upper ranks got fucked due to the average rank going down by two, so getting from LEM to SMFC is now excruciatingly difficult. Also ranks GN4 to DMG are just a shit show as people from LE/LEM are placed down there with people at that rank pre patch.

I am GN3 now after shitstomping DMGs with my friends at MG l0l.

16-1 for two games.

They used deagles and the R8.
I exclusively used the scout.

#BacktoLEMsoon

Meanwhile I am thoroughly upset that one of my friends (who was Supreme before nerf) is now Global despite being of equal skill.

^Lel

I'm now on my journey to get from GN3 -> GN4, taking ages to get anywhere. I even lost like 4 in a row and 1 tie and there wasnt a demote lel.

The ranking algorithm was changed a bit that shifted the average to GN3 or 4, average skill level used to be one of the mid AKs.

The ranking algorithm was changed a bit that shifted the average to GN3 or 4, average skill level used to be one of the mid AKs.

So valve says...

Gold nova 4s are shit.

ezgif.com-resize_zpsuylcggxc.gif

Today, I was Deag... Juan Deag.

So recently (ie: last couple days) I started playing some CSGO... I bought this game several months ago but didn't really have the time or patience to get myself through casual games into level 3 so I could play competitive. When I finally reached competitive games I would play 1 game and get rekt by a good player, win the next one and then get owned by a spinbot hacker.. only to receive a competitive cooldown because I was unranked and had played 3 games of comp...

Anyway, months down the line I thought I'd give it another go since I was only ~3 wins from getting my first rank, which turned out to be Silver Elite Master... FUCK! (Everyone told me how bad that is...) So yea, I'm seriously shit at csgo but actually enjoying it somewhat, as of this moment I'm at 56 hours clocked, hopefully I get a lot more from it :) 

Any advice/tips is appreciated.

1 hour ago, PityFool said:

*GIF showing JUAN DEAGS*

Nice gif!

I can highly recommend watching the guy called "WarOwl" on YouTube. He has several excellent tutorials/series and for example he does a great job of explaining what to (not) do in "MatchMaking academy". It is a series where he looks at user submitted "replays" and points out their mistakes. The users are usually not 1337-0n3-sh0t masters, so his tips/tricks can be applied to your game as well.

He has a series called "unboxafragathon" where he unboxes weapons, gets X kills with them in a deathmatch server and talks about the weapon and how to use it. Quite good way to get a run-through of the different weapons while still being entertained.

His tutorials on perspective and the different weapons are also worth watching, as they are more basic (but slightly old, so some of his points might be out-dated due to balance changes).

He also does the occasional casting/commentary of pro-games, so it can also be a fun way to have a look at how the pros they do it.

2 hours ago, PityFool said:

%7Boption%7Dezgif.com-resize_zpsuylcggxc.gif

Today, I was Deag... Juan Deag.

So recently (ie: last couple days) I started playing some CSGO... I bought this game several months ago but didn't really have the time or patience to get myself through casual games into level 3 so I could play competitive. When I finally reached competitive games I would play 1 game and get rekt by a good player, win the next one and then get owned by a spinbot hacker.. only to receive a competitive cooldown because I was unranked and had played 3 games of comp...

Anyway, months down the line I thought I'd give it another go since I was only ~3 wins from getting my first rank, which turned out to be Silver Elite Master... FUCK! (Everyone told me how bad that is...) So yea, I'm seriously shit at csgo but actually enjoying it somewhat, as of this moment I'm at 56 hours clocked, hopefully I get a lot more from it :) 

CSGO is fun because there's actual competitive play which isn't really RNG based(compared to WoT) and skill matters. Well, I was placed at MG1 as my first rank got to DMG and deranked from DMG -> GN2 after the changes but I got my way back up to MG2 and busy with Diablo right now. The game is even better if you play with friends.

I also suggest WarOwl, he's a great YouTuber and has some nice tips.

I just solo-que because @Assassin7 is being a shitter and doesn't wanna play, and I need to get up to fucking LEM if I want to play with some irl friends...

I like the ranking system, gives you something to work towards that actually improves not only your skill but the competition too. I can foresee it becoming a bit like my golf handicap... As I improve so do my standards... (That single digit barrier atm fml ;_;)

I could, but that requires learning how to play it and I can't be fucked learning to be the equivalent of purple at CS:GO as well as WoT...

also, more than that, I hate the "aim at the ground to hit people in the head" (I.E the reticule not following the recoil pattern)

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I could, but that requires learning how to play it and I can't be fucked learning to be the equivalent of purple at CS:GO as well as WoT...

also, more than that, I hate the "aim at the ground to hit people in the head" (I.E the reticule not following the recoil pattern)

Stop spraying fam.

Thats the reasonI havent played it, not that I bought it and suck at it. i'ce plsyed it at a friends house and hste that especially. Also the fact I cant ADS, I dont like that style of FPS.

5 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

You don't "need to be purple" at csgo, just play and enjoy the game like I do and you'll naturally get better. Besides you've already "mastered" WoT so its time to get something new to learn. I need a nub to play with :( 

I felt the same way to begin with, but its really not all that bad.. Most of the time you're just tap-firing, when you do spray its at a range that recoil isn't much of a worry.