cheesyhoney

CS:GO thread

Some habits to avoid before it gets worse:

• Crouching while spraying. It doesn't give any additional accuracy and makes you a sitting duck most times.
  • Aiming at foot level. Always aim at head level like the others said. There's no benefit to shooting their feet for sub-par damage when the enemy can kill you in 1-2 shots to your dome.
  • Peeking close to angles. You see more and the enemy sees less of your body if you peek farther away at corners. If you peek or hold too close to corners you may end up not seeing them while they see your shoulder, leg, etc.
  • Long range sprays. Same as what people said above. Do bursts of 3-5 bullets or tap at longer ranges as most initial spray patterns of guns just go down.
  • Pushing in first looking forward. Seems counter-intuitive at first, but as you get better the people you play against will start counter flashing your pushes and running in blind/stopping in a choke point is the worst.
  • Pushing w/o flashes. There are very few instances where you shouldn't flash/popflash before pushing into a site and it'll make your life a lot easier.
  • Holding a position while exposed to multiple angles. This will come with time, but always be aware of where you can be shot at and if it's covered by a teammate.

There are a lot more bad habits, but if you want some good youtube guides I suggest Steel(https://www.youtube.com/user/JoshNissanCS)
Adren(https://www.youtube.com/user/CurseCS/videos)
voocsgo(https://www.youtube.com/user/downsideCSS)
Hatton for one video(

)
and Drake for general asshattery(

)

Warowl is more general in terms of help and he's more of an entertainer. Steel and Adren are more advanced strategies and terminologies, but I would recommend them more than I would Warowl.

Good community maps to help you practice/reconfigure options
http://steamcommunity.com/id/uLLeticaL/myworkshopfiles/?appid=730
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447293165
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=437876186
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=477197888
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213240871&searchtext=

Also watch pro streamers to see how they play and incorporate some things into your playstyle. A few are here, but there are a lot of pros that you can watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/n0thingtv
http://www.twitch.tv/steel_tv
http://www.twitch.tv/olofmeister

I didn't expect to put this much into this reply, but if you have any questions, I should be able to answer most of them.

33 minutes ago, tyehua said:

Some habits to avoid before it gets worse:

• Crouching while spraying. It doesn't give any additional accuracy and makes you a sitting duck most times.
  • Aiming at foot level. Always aim at head level like the others said. There's no benefit to shooting their feet for sub-par damage when the enemy can kill you in 1-2 shots to your dome.
  • Peeking close to angles. You see more and the enemy sees less of your body if you peek farther away at corners. If you peek or hold too close to corners you may end up not seeing them while they see your shoulder, leg, etc.
  • Long range sprays. Same as what people said above. Do bursts of 3-5 bullets or tap at longer ranges as most initial spray patterns of guns just go down.
  • Pushing in first looking forward. Seems counter-intuitive at first, but as you get better the people you play against will start counter flashing your pushes and running in blind/stopping in a choke point is the worst.
  • Pushing w/o flashes. There are very few instances where you shouldn't flash/popflash before pushing into a site and it'll make your life a lot easier.
  • Holding a position while exposed to multiple angles. This will come with time, but always be aware of where you can be shot at and if it's covered by a teammate.

Hey thanks for the reply. I think you noticed in the Gif that I crouch a lot when shooting, its a habit that has formed from BF4 where strafe-jumping and the crouching is a really effective method of throwing off enemy aim and then increasing your own accuracy, I have been working on it. 

One thing that's a little bit frustrating right now is the smurfs... people that are probably pretty high rank on their main playing on silver or gold nova accounts... Ruins a lot of competitive rounds for me. I suppose once I move higher up it should become less of an issue but at this point its very much seal-clubbing.

There's not much you can do from smurfs except keep an open mind and try to see how they play through watching the replays. Even if it's been a few weeks since they shifted the ranks/had csgo on sale, there's still a shit ton of people at wrong ranks (my alt account dropped from SMFC to MG2) as well as a higher proportion of hackers until the next vac wave comes along. The same WoT rule applies in CS:GO, especially in solo queue, in that you only win if you do well, so practice goes a long way. Deathmatch community servers(particularly hs-only servers and pistol servers) and aim map servers are extremely helpful. It's unfortunate there isn't a way to get rid of smurfs, but that's just how it is atm until you ascend the ranks out of the silver/gold nova range.

I've been playing 3-4 rounds of deathmatch or gunmaster before jumping into a competitive game and that's really improved my performance. Do you run the M4A4-S or not? I've been using it because it feels more noob friendly than the non-suppressed version... not sure why though.

Up to preference. M4A4 is better for holding sites by yourself due to it's fire rate and ammo capacity while the M4A1-S is better for spraying through smoke and getting easy picks at longer ranges. It really boils down to playstyle, as some of my friends prefer the lack of tracers and easier spray on the A1-S to lurk while others want the versatility of the M4A4 to lock down key positions.

So pity convinced me to play last night, so with him and another friend, We played for what? 2 hours nearly?

Me being a battlefield player, so not used to having to be completely still to hit anything. Also unless I tap fire after about 2 seconds of auto I have absolutely no clue where the bullets im firing are going.

Add me on steam, Meirzin with a tank in the profile picture. I don't play often due to college but am willing to play with you guys. Had one account go from LEM to MG and the other account go from LE to MGE due to rank shifts.

Just a funny little tip; before playing a round of a fps, whether it be TF2 or CS:GO or whatever, I like to play my guitar. I really feel that it helps warm my hands up before a match. Idk if you play, but just doing any actual physical exercise for your hands might help you a bit too. Doing warmup matches before is also a great strategy.

Was SMFC until the ranks put me back to LEM. I play on and off in CS, so I haven't been able to get to Global with my lack of commitment.

Bought a BenQ XL2411Z as my first ever 144Hz monitor as I didn't wanted to go full in and I didn't had such a big budget anyways.

At first I was like: "Wow, there's next to no difference... wtf", I've fiddled around and found out how it works and holy mother of gaben, that difference between 144Hz and 60Hz is insane, it's so fluid, just wow. I played like a total retard when I tried it but that needs some getting used to it because I've played all my life@60Hz.

10/10, totally recommended. Game is actually fun because it's not a slideshow.

17 hours ago, Siimcy said:

Bought a BenQ XL2411Z as my first ever 144Hz monitor as I didn't wanted to go full in and I didn't had such a big budget anyways.

At first I was like: "Wow, there's next to no difference... wtf", I've fiddled around and found out how it works and holy mother of gaben, that difference between 144Hz and 60Hz is insane, it's so fluid, just wow. I played like a total retard when I tried it but that needs some getting used to it because I've played all my life@60Hz.

10/10, totally recommended. Game is actually fun because it's not a slideshow.

I've heard so many good stories about people upgrading to 144hz and just being blown away by the difference. My next upgrade will most probably be a 144hz monitor, the only issue being that they're so fuggin expensive here.

1 minute ago, PityFool said:

I've heard so many good stories about people upgrading to 144hz and just being blown away by the difference. My next upgrade will most probably be a 144hz monitor, the only issue being that they're so fuggin expensive here.

I went with the cheapest and reliable one which was the BenQ I'm currently using. The difference is immense and all the stories were true. The gameplay feels so smooth that at first you just miss stuff because of how fluid the movement is. From one which used to play games at 60Hz his entire life this basically is me coming from a slideshow to something that is so fluid like a hot knife going thru butter.

I've paid €275 for mine, true HD now that I actually own a 1080p display and 24" is quite nice compared to my brothers normal 22" TN display. It's also interesting how bigger the targets are on a 24" stretched compared to any others that I've owned so far. :doge:

7 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

I went with the cheapest and reliable one which was the BenQ I'm currently using. The difference is immense and all the stories were true. The gameplay feels so smooth that at first you just miss stuff because of how fluid the movement is. From one which used to play games at 60Hz his entire life this basically is me coming from a slideshow to something that is so fluid like a hot knife going thru butter.

I've paid €275 for mine, true HD now that I actually own a 1080p display and 24" is quite nice compared to my brothers normal 22" TN display. It's also interesting how bigger the targets are on a 24" stretched compared to any others that I've owned so far. :doge:

I'm so jelly :brokenheart: To buy that exact same monitor here, it would cost me almost 350 euros

8 minutes ago, PityFool said:

I'm so jelly :brokenheart: To buy that exact same monitor here, it would cost me almost 350 euros

:eww:

I've checked multiple sites and this was the cheapest here I could find, even my dad could see the diference between 60Hz and 144Hz. :serb:

3 hours ago, PityFool said:

At least you have the toothpick fence

Tried switching to 60Hz back and asking my bro if this is how 60Hz looks because it was laggy as fuck, like playing at 20FPS and then I changed it back to 144Hz, goddamn what a difference. If you get used to this it's probs really hard to go play a game such as CSGO again on a 60Hz. You need to see that for yourself it's really hard to describe. If CSGO if one of your main games then it's definitely worth it, but also the whole desktop experience is really great.

Dont make me want to buy a new damn monitor - please :(

Also, I had my first competetive match after the whole rank reshuffle. I went from Nova 4 to Silver Elite :disco:

I'll take this as a good opportunity to practice some skillz and learn grenade throws and whatnot - so I feel more ready when I hopefully hit the Nova 4 (again). Since that is the new CSGO average rank, I'll aim for that as my first goal. "Average" sounds good to me coming from the immense pressure of supercum in tanks :P