Pompous

HT-12 woes megathread.

Finally got it last night in my IS7 on Cliff. Tucked into a little nook on the east side, presented my pike and spaced armor, and let their TDs go to town.

Took me 6 or 7 tries to get it.....just for the Stug mission(technically got over 2x blocked with E-75).  I can see it being a frustrating mission though, especially if you are talking about 3x or more.  Not looking forward to subsequent versions of it.

I felt pretty retarded trying to get it.  Like "Hey good play would mean I hang out in cover until I've reloaded but I'm just going to leave my side sticking out for a few minutes."

I was platooned with the guy who missed T-55A version by 30 points of potential in his IS-6 last night. The anguish in his voice was palpable. It was all because the enemy Cromwell at the end literally would not shoot him, even when he drove between said Cromwell and the friendly being shot with his side exposed, the Cromwell would waste huge amounts of time trying to maneuver around the IS-6 right in front of him to shoot at something else. Then our team killed him.

Then the same guy got to watch me put seven shots from a Type 59 into the engine compartments of JT 88s for no fires when I'd already gotten one earlier on another tank and really wanted to be done with this shit. We were an unhappy platoon last night.

Followed the example of a clan mate, re-purchased the VK 4502 Ausf. B. Got T-55A HT-12 on the third try. Even though there were three arty on the other team that I eventually died to I found a pair of Tiger IIs and a T28 Proto willing to bounce rounds off me as I shuffled back and forth without firing back.

ugh, anyone else experiencing bads who switch to HE?  

You start to rack up some blocked shots, and then you are taking a few damage per shot instead of getting blocks.  

Had a tomato WT E100 shoot all four HEAT shells into my upward facing upper plate of my IS-7, so 3k damage blocked easy only a couple minutes into the game.  Blocked a couple more shots the rest of the game, hoping I got it as I needed 4,300 with the IS-7.  Looked at post battle results and didn't get the mission.  Damage blocked: 4,290.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUU. . . . .

ugh, anyone else experiencing bads who switch to HE?  

You start to rack up some blocked shots, and then you are taking a few damage per shot instead of getting blocks.  

It's not even that. Even if you fully bounce the HE, and take absolutely no damage from it, it still does not count for damage blocked by armor. Even though you blocked 100% of the damage. With your armor.

If you are just looking to get the mission done fast without finesse, a Maus actually works despite it's HP due to it's ability to just blunder into fire, get shot, ding some at and die. Just go somewhere in the open where the enemies have a relatively shallow arc to fire on you. I have done all the blocking missions so far like this, and while it doesn't give good games, it completes the missions and is surprisingly fun.

This particular game would be enough to complete both the blocking missions for the T55, and I have managed as high as 15k blocked, which would be enough for the 260 too. The team didn't appreciate my actions much, so ymmv.

Maus center scout go!

http://wotreplays.com/site/1643850#lakeville-jopj-maus

A shame I didn't realize the 57 was firing at me from the side, I could have hanged in there for quite a while still. Well, can't help my own stupidity.

Yes, the collision at star was my fault, I just completed the previous mission and gave this one a shot before going to sleep :(

Have suppressed the HT mission on stug line that took me 19 attempts with E-100 ... might be the last one since I sort of remember that in a slightly drunken haze I needed to get also the secondary ...?

Anyhow... point being that to NOT go totally nuts the best way is to just play more or less like always yet still keep a tiny part of the brain aware of what mission you have activated..

So you don't e.g. let a team member get that last kill since he's played good ... only to see that you needed it yourself for the mission :D *facepalms*

I'm stuck 2 weeks on that mission for the t55a. It absolutely killed me. I had such a heartbreaking close calls. Once I was a bounce away and I was pleading my team to let the enemies live just 10 seconds more but they killed them. And another one I bounce 7k dmg in IS7 (at tundra hill between the rocks there) but I was 80hp away from the 2k dmg requirement. (ARTY KILLED ME, ITS SHELL WENT BETWEEN THE ROCKS!!) It was so heartbreaking, the next games I rushed malinovka field with IS7 while my platoonmate was telling me that's not how you get blocked damage. It's a retarded mission. It killed me. I'm quitting game.

I know these missions are optional, but they put me in that grind and it's so frustrating that I can't complete it even for a t55a. 

Would appreciate some replays with the requirements fulfilled on an IS7.

Fuck WG for replacing the potential dmg received stat.

This mission is also stained by arties. There is no way you can stay in a spot and bounce shells when there are minimum 3 arties per team every game. Heavies are unplayable.

EDIT: removed that horrible last part. I came from a very frustrating set of randoms getting clicked.

Fuck WG for replacing the potential dmg received stat.

This mission is also stained by arties. There is no way you can stay in a spot and bounce shells when there are minimum 3 arties per team every game. Heavies are unplayable.

Child rapers > arties

1) Let's never mind that track shots still count so it's basically still there.

2) Scroll up six posts.

3) 

1) Let's never mind that track shots still count so it's basically still there.

2) Scroll up six posts.

3) 

1) They do only if their trajectory crosses the hull. We have been through this before in another thread. If the requirement was truly "potential damage received" stat  and not "damage blocked by armor" stat, I would have had this mission multiple times.

2) Seems like you got lucky and they didn't kill you fast enough xD

3) Removed that last part. I came from a very frustrating set of randoms getting clicked.

This game is stupid. I'm here decided to leave game, having fun and giggles with a friend, going in a battle like "lol It might just give me the ht12 mission after all those weeks! xD"

And it fucking did because game is stupid like that.

With almost 5k dmg I got the conditions for 260 mission also.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1644891#self