sgtshultz

The M103

9 hours ago, Lockhart77 said:

Can't really see the reason to re-buy the tank back if the E5 is already unlocked, as much as an all rounder the M103 is, I just can't stand the size of that damn thing turret, it relies too much on angle to be effective. If someone haven't grind the thing, they'll probably find it less painful, but doesn't really justify re-buying the thing. Just, no. :eww:

Yeah I was feeling that a bit in my time playing it. Luckily now that the cheeks are 254mm you can mess up by a few degrees and not be autopenned

Man I played the M103 when it first came out and ground out the games to get the E5 years ago, It was probably one of my worst tanks that high up in tiers.

47% W/R, 159 battles. 2kdmg/game, 1.3KPG. Wtf.

Didn't matter how much damage I did, I just could not carry a game in it. 47% w/r in it when I gladly sold it and got my E5, what a relief that was. Years before the E5 buff it has now, was such a big move.

Considering rebuying to fix my stats in actually if its going to be playable.

we are having the E5 ontrack until friday on NA  server

I already have 217k of free xp and still need 20k xp to elite T32.

Is it worth to skip M103 with 230k xp and get E5 with discount (4,4 millions)?

1 hour ago, Toshiro.K.Arai said:

we are having the E5 ontrack until friday on NA  server

I already have 217k of free xp and still need 20k xp to elite T32.

Is it worth to skip M103 with 230k xp and get E5 with discount (4,4 millions)?

• convert 230K exp: 6572g (at 35x, 9200g at 25x)
  • on-track discount 1.83M silver: 4575g

The break-even point for the On-Track discount is normally around 160K experience to go if you piled it up during the 35x sales (115K otherwise).

In your case, there some additional silver to be saved skipping the buy/sell process on the M103 (2.5M buy, 1.8M sell), potentially raising the silver savings to 2.53M in total (6325g). That's also one less crew to retrain (1000g). Gold-wise, it's almost a coin toss, so it's basically down to how badly you want to skip the M103 (and refill the free xp bucket again). 

I've been playing the 103 for the on track event rewards these last two weeks. 

I had originally intended on it being a keeper-tank, got the E5, when it went HD it went from "fun and 'murkan to wtf why" I must have cleaned up my game-play since then because I'm actually having fun with it now.

I'm really looking forward to the incoming armor buffs to make the 103 not as fragile.

2 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

On scale from 1 to Gold noob, how much HEAT did you fire? What is your current DPG?

Next to no gold fired and my first 22 games didnt have BIA or Food. Current DPG is just below 3500.

Just finished 100 solo battles in this thing.

Average damage blocked = 1430. It's going up as I slowly learn how to use it best.

For some reason I really like this tank. There is so much negativity towards it and It's understandable (fuck that turret roof), but the overall package feels very capable. Probably could have gotten better DPG if I had used food from the start instead of halfway through.

HAZ3IoI.jpg

How does this compare to the Conqueror now? Sold the M103 for the E5 and told myself the Conq would be a better version when I got it. Is that still true? The buff is making me wish I had kept it since I really enjoyed my time in it.

13 minutes ago, HabNab said:

How does this compare to the Conqueror now? Sold the M103 for the E5 and told myself the Conq would be a better version when I got it. Is that still true? The buff is making me wish I had kept it since I really enjoyed my time in it.

Conq has by far a better gun and turret, but m103's hull is significantly better and the extra gun depression feels so much more comfortable. Personally I like the M103 more than the conq. Conq is just soooooo paper unless perfectly hulldown that even when top tier it cant bully anything.

1400 average damage blocked in my M103 vs 700 in my Conq (half of my conq battles were prior to the HD turret buff)

M103 was my first T10 heavy. When I'm returning to this game, should I pick up the M103 again? Loved the Conq on a side note, what a beast of a tank.

12 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

M103 was my first T10 heavy. When I'm returning to this game, should I pick up the M103 again? Loved the Conq on a side note, what a beast of a tank.

M103 and Conqueror used to be in much of the same position. With the HD-buff, the Conq become borderline OP, while the M103 remained as a good oversized medium and with the M103`s HD-turret, they should be much in the same position again.

3 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

M103 and Conqueror used to be in much of the same position. With the HD-buff, the Conq become borderline OP, while the M103 remained as a good oversized medium and with the M103`s HD-turret, they should be much in the same position again.

What the hell did I even write, I meant it was my first T9 tank in general. :) 

I've only played the Conq in its HD form, afaik 140ish games with a WR of 80%, it was simply insane. M103 I can't really remember all that well, but apparently Schnitzel loves it now that the cheeks were buffed. When I first played mine I disliked it, granted I played at a way way lower level than I do now(or did, considering I'm on a break).

1 hour ago, Siimcy said:

I hate it when people ask me if they should buy a tank because I play extremely stupid tanks D:

I havnt played the M103 prior to this patch so idk how it was back when you had it. I'd say it's basically a conq with a shit turret roof and worse gun in exchange for a hull that will actually bounce things occasionally. I've always preffered hull armor over turret armor anyway so the roof doesnt really bother me, but depending on how much you hate getting overmatched it might not be the tank for you.

16 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I hate it when people ask me if they should buy a tank because I play extremely stupid tanks D:

I havnt played the M103 prior to this patch so idk how it was back when you had it. I'd say it's basically a conq with a shit turret roof and worse gun in exchange for a hull that will actually bounce things occasionally. I've always preffered hull armor over turret armor anyway so the roof doesnt really bother me, but depending on how much you hate getting overmatched it might not be the tank for you.

Thanks for your insight Šnicl. :wub: 

I loved the turret armored of the Conq and the gun was awesome, kinda funny, I did a few(just a few) games in the so great FV215B and I sucked total balls in it to say the least. I'll see if I can find somebody who has that on their account to try out. :doge: 

This is a pretty impressive tank now. The armor is much better than it used to be, you get all sorts of troll bounces and the tank is hilariously effective at hugging people. The face of little T10 meds as you park your hull in their nose is always a fun time.

Only thing that keeps me from loving the tank is arty + ammoracks. Thing just blows up at random.

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

This is a pretty impressive tank now. The armor is much better than it used to be, you get all sorts of troll bounces and the tank is hilariously effective at hugging people. The face of little T10 meds as you park your hull in their nose is always a fun time.

Only thing that keeps me from loving the tank is arty + ammoracks. Thing just blows up at random.

I like that the lower plate was buffed to mostly 180-190 effective when not angled. Running into pref 8 platoons is so fun. Poor IS6's :(

Surprisingly I havnt had many issues with the ammo rack 75zsUcB.jpg

IP7fH77.jpg

anyone got the best upgrade path? free xpd the first 120 cause im not that much of a pleb, otherwise turret->engine->tracks?

4 minutes ago, skyf24 said:

anyone got the best upgrade path? free xpd the first 120 cause im not that much of a pleb, otherwise turret->engine->tracks?

I went - free exp 1st 120mm, turret, M58 gun, tracks and engine.

9 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

I went - free exp 1st 120mm, turret, M58 gun, tracks and engine.

M58 worth getting? I'm in no big hurry to the E5 but it is 60k xp

33 minutes ago, skyf24 said:

M58 worth getting? I'm in no big hurry to the E5 but it is 60k xp

that stock 120mm is shiiiiit. Terrible accuracy, and the AP pen is right at that level where you will not pen an e5/e100/is7 lower plate. M103 aint that bad of a tank, you'll live through 60k :P

Worth noting, stock turret has trash cheek armor. Upgraded turret has the reworked armor.