sgtshultz

The M103

Both turrets look like they have identical roofs. Stock turret just has a taller cupola to help it look different, I don't think there would be a reason the stock turret would help.

Played the 1st game in 103 since coming back from a 4 month WoT hiatus: still as awesome as ever.

So, is there a HUGE difference between the first 120mm and the second one? Or i just had the worst streak of luck in the world, played less than 50 games (all with the first 120mm) and i'm standing at an impressive 43% W/R, something special you need to know while playing this thing, aside from sides are paper and don't keep still to long to avoid getting lol penned in the roof?

It looks huge, yeah. Not only pen and a little faster reload, but also way more accurate and better aim time. When you consider the 103's armor is strong against unaimed shots and weak against aimed shots anything that improves your own aiming time more or less improves your survivability as well by minimizing the amount of time you end up sitting still.

49 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

So, is there a HUGE difference between the first 120mm and the second one?

Legend says every time someone doesn't unlock M58 on M103 a unicum quits the game.

19 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Legend says every time someone doesn't unlock M58 on M103 a unicum quits the game.

I dind't say i wans't going to unlock it it just that the first 50ish games have been soul crushing.

9 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

I dind't say i wans't going to unlock it it just that the first 50ish games have been soul crushing.

That's true, I recommend firing a lot of HEAT with 1st 120mm just for sake of limiting exposure, M103 has easily identifiable weakspots that enemies will abuse with less than impressive handling of 1st 120mm gun.

Can't you mount the second without grinding the tracks? Maybe with the weight enhancer module?

Why does this thing have to have such a shit turret? I mean the overmatchable roof and the cupola are pretty well known drawbacks, but on top of that why -7 gun depression?

The T32 was so sweet when you get maps with ridges and you can abuse that solid turret with the depression... and then you get the M103.. :/

Can I not just have a T32 turret on the M103??

6 hours ago, Nalok said:

Why does this thing have to have such a shit turret? I mean the overmatchable roof and the cupola are pretty well known drawbacks, but on top of that why -7 gun depression?

The T32 was so sweet when you get maps with ridges and you can abuse that solid turret with the depression... and then you get the M103.. :/

Can I not just have a T32 turret on the M103??

It has -8. Also, the turret was a lot worse before the 2nd HD model. An M103 with a T32 turret would be monstrous: the UFP is pretty strong and the tank is not slow. It would be invincible from a LFP down position while shitting on people with the long 120mm.

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

It has -8. Also, the turret was a lot worse before the 2nd HD model. 

This. Check all the pages before, all the salt and tears vs armor on this tank.

One of the most justified buffs ever seen in WOT, along with Conq turret.

Now tank has a role after all - Conq with a bit derpier gun, weaker turret, but much stronger hull (made of dead drivers instead of ammoracks). It way better than Conq for moving towards enemies, while Conq have to hull-down or die.

Overall I rate the Conq better still, it has distinctive advantages you can use reliably, while M103 relies a lot on RNG and your opponents skill level (lack of), so you are never sure what you can pull of exactly.

It kinda prepares you for E5 - it relies on your opponents lack of gold :serb:

And a good deal on RNG, too, especially when it comes down to taking arty hits.

9 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I think an M103 with the T32's turret would be as good, if not better than the E5 :cute:

And M58 on top :disco:

T32 small and sturdy turret. Can someone make model of this :D 

On 27 October 2016 at 7:38 AM, lavawing said:

It has -8. Also, the turret was a lot worse before the 2nd HD model. An M103 with a T32 turret would be monstrous: the UFP is pretty strong and the tank is not slow. It would be invincible from a LFP down position while shitting on people with the long 120mm.

RIP me for not double checking before posting, thanks for that.

On 27 October 2016 at 7:47 AM, EthanDuong said:

B-but that turret wouldn't fit the 120mm. Crazy right?

I would probably actually accept the 105 in exchange for the T32 turret.

It just seems that the cupola is SO obvious and easy to hit, and that those who miss it still have a good chance of going through the roof. 

The chasis is great, the second 120mm is great, but the rng armor is making me go insane. Give me consitency, i can and have bounced 3 shots in a row from a JPZ E100, and the got penned by a fucking 13-75 from the front 5 times. It's really frustrating, i either do ~4k dmg or crash and burn after 3 shots because every red and their mother lol penned me without even aiming ._.

On 10/20/2016 at 0:29 PM, BlackAdder said:

Hrm.... I never unlocked M58 on the m103...

Funny thing is.. the curent T30 with the 120mm gun is a (heavily) nerfed version of the old T34, which the m103 replaced.