Nalyk

WoT vs WoWP

It is so very easy to spot a failure, but it is not nearly so easy to understand why. Anyone who says WoWP sucks but can't give a good reason is actually wrong.

A few things:

1. Jingles is a no-skill bitch that has a large viewership and sexy accent.  Facts.
  2. Antiledo is right: "only 1 broken game mode plus clans-in-name-only after 6 months of release is still basically a Beta test..."
  3. The reticle deliberately misleads people into missing shots.  When your UI actively makes people suck, it's fucking terrible.
  4. When 3/4 of your choose-able planes aren't competitively viable, there is no choice at all.

A player logs into the game:

• chooses UK/JP/RU planes not knowing they can't compete against US/DE and get annihilated from above or by trying to kill GA or get killed by AA
  • proceeds to miss every shot because the reticle issues we told WG about in beta still aren't resolved.  The reticle tells players to run their guns at too far of a distance, and doesn't properly account for lead.  While you might say that a dynamic lead reticle is a crutch and "unrealistic", it's a necessary crutch because the players suck donkey dick.

Is it really surprising that this player quits the game?  Who would suffer through getting rekt game after game?!  The devs came up with the concept of auto-aim, but that wasn't needed: fix your fucking UI and allow dynamic reticle aiming.  Stop having turn fighters bleed so much damn speed while doing what they are supposed to be good at.  BOOM, game fixed.

A few things:

1. Jingles is a no-skill bitch that has a large viewership and sexy accent.  Facts.
  2. Antiledo is right: "only 1 broken game mode plus clans-in-name-only after 6 months of release is still basically a Beta test..."
  3. The reticle deliberately misleads people into missing shots.  When your UI actively makes people suck, it's fucking terrible.
  4. When 3/4 of your choose-able planes aren't competitively viable, there is no choice at all.

• chooses UK/JP/RU planes not knowing they can't compete against US/DE and get annihilated from above or by trying to kill GA or get killed by AA
  • proceeds to miss every shot because the reticle issues we told WG about in beta still aren't resolved.  The reticle tells players to run their guns at too far of a distance, and doesn't properly account for lead.  While you might say that a dynamic lead reticle is a crutch and "unrealistic", it's a necessary crutch because the players suck donkey dick.

Is it really surprising that this player quits the game?  Who would suffer through getting rekt game after game?!  The devs came up with the concept of auto-aim, but that wasn't needed: fix your fucking UI and allow dynamic reticle aiming.  Stop having turn fighters bleed so much damn speed while doing what they are supposed to be good at.  BOOM, game fixed.

^^^ And this is why I decided to return to tanks. I regret the fact that I spent money on WoWP.

A few things:

Damn dude.  Nail on the head.  Maybe we'll get lucky and WG will hire you.

On the other hand people get just as annihilated in Tanks.  Shitty win rates.  Bounces.  The window-lickers didn't know the mechanics then and I feel it's safe to assume that they don't now either. What's more is that they still blame their team.  What keeps them going back to tanks for the exact same kind of punishment instead of punishment not involving the use of the "w" key.

Me, I'm lazy.  I just want to be moving forward automatically.

A few things:

This is part of the problem:

08x3F4q.png

This game got a bad reputation early on, and a well-earned one at that.  And the game still has problems for sure to say the very least.

But half the haters are just spewing based on inertia and hearsay at this point and have no idea what the hell they're even talking about any more.

This is part of the problem:

08x3F4q.png

This game got a bad reputation early on, and a well-earned one at that.  And the game still has problems for sure to say the very least.

But half the haters are just spewing based on inertia and hearsay at this point and have no idea what the hell they're even talking about any more.

While the date stat for RBS may be correct, it does not take into account battles played on test servers.  Believe it or not, some hate spewers do keep current with the game updates but don't actually play the live server.

That, and you haven't really successfully refuted any of his points. They are still relevant. 

Japanese planes are still shit. RU planes, except maybe the MiG line are still hopeless in most cases, and the UK planes are average.  There really isn't any reason to play anything other than 'murica stronk P-51's and heavy fighters.

That goes for competitive play mostly but if you really want to have good stats it is just as applicable for pub games.

I've never given two shits about the aiming reticle, I never needed it. A plain old dot on the screen worked for me.

COOP games are shit, fuck playing bots. SerB said WoT's WT E100 is for retards and he would probably say the same for bot games.

Clans were only partially implemented. Woohoo an in-game tag, it only took for fucking ever and they didn't even add clan wars or any game mode more competitive than the average pub games for clans.

And of course, finally, Jingles is still a no-skill bitch. 

gk70V2x.pngThis is part of the problem:

You do realize:

A. That issue in the screencap can be easily fixed by going into a training room.

B. Some of us still test things out on the CT.

C. Some of us have connections with those who still regularly play.

D. And some of us are more involved than you think, but don't play in the game much anymore.

However, between, WoWS Alpha & ST, WoWP stuff, Mechanical Engineering classes, etc. I don't get the time to waste time on a game where the dev. teams and management haven't yet shown genuine evidence that they're listening and fixing the game cause some of the things that 1.7 brought weren't needed and it seems to be a case of Persha trying to justify their existence.

Persha could do themselves a favor and learn a few things from Lesta Studios.

Shwedor is right: I install the test server from time to time, and I check the patch notes.  Why install when I see that all they did was butcher the MM so it's impossible to get games?

1. Is the reticle and aiming system still the same?  Wait, you don't have to answer because yes it is still the same.
  2. If everything is so balanced, why do you still overwhelmingly fly US/DE planes?  Maybe it's because they still lord over everything?  Looking at warplanes.today (neat site), we see that the most played planes for the top 10 players are all US/DE.  SO NEW AND DIFFERENT!!!

So the solution to the aiming system was to introduce bots, and the players focused on winning see absolutely no need to get other planes than the US/DE ones they already have.  Please keep pretending that the game made big strides since I stopped playing.

Pretty much every nation has viable planes except for Japan, hell even the J7s are useful in their own right. US/DE are not the only viable option. Also the J4M is pretty good too.

Also: Most recent battle played doesn't really paint a good modifier for any judgments passed on the game. My playtime in WoWP has slowed down drastically, especially in comparison to how much I played in OBT. Numerous factors contribute to this decrease in playtime, and I only play small bursts of games here and there to satisfy mission objectives or to earn reward planes of some description, and I also play a bit to check out new patches (so long as they don't break logging in...).

If a game rubs someone wrong even once, it can warrant a complete ceasing of playing that game, be it for a while or for forever. This is what happened to me with WT, Gaijin had a game that reeled me in super hard but they pushed me away in a fashion where I just stopped enjoying the game at all. I'm still resilient to being pushed away from WoWP in the hopes that it eventually turns around, but WG really needs to step up their game and either deal with the issues that they have now or completely rework systems so as to give the game a new coat of paint for players to possibly like over the current stuff. There are many things that could occur as a result of such game-changing alterations, however, and it could result either good or bad in terms of population count and retention of newer players. There are a lot of people who don't like change, there are people who love seeing new coats of paint applied to a game, and some people just don't care and won't even try a game either way due to a bad reputation based off of past reviews. That's just the way things are.

Love your word choice: "viable".  Not "good", but "viable".  They are so "viable" that you can't be bothered to fly them.  In your top 10 planes played, only one is non-US/DE.  The people that win the most just happen to all have the same favorite planes.

This is why I drop in from time to time.  You guys and your delusions are hilarious.  When I get back in ~6 months, we should organize a 3v3, otherwise known as full-server war.

Because training rooms, reading patch notes, playing CT and "staying in touch" with people who still play the game is the same thing as actually playing the game, rite?

Instead of being a place to talk about winning you made this place a cool kids clique a long time ago.  I can't believe I'm being asked to refute that a not having played a single pub match in ~9 mos. makes you relevant... somehow.  It's completely ludicrous.  

If you want to hate the game, fine.  There are some good reasons to and you're hardly alone.  But don't act like you actually know what you're talking about... somehow.

Love your word choice: "viable".  Not "good", but "viable".  They are so "viable" that you can't be bothered to fly them.  In your top 10 planes played, only one is non-US/DE....

Note the fact that I haven't played much since release and I basically play all of my planes to grind them and get to the next one right now. A lot of planes in my "top played" happen to be the higher tier US and DE planes because those were ones I got to tier X first in. Due to population, grinding higher tiers has slowed down to an even worse crawl than ever before, not really helping that situation either. There are only a few planes that I have chosen to fly when not actually grinding them in long repetitive succession, and that was the A-5, Me-410, and Bf 110-C, both used for grinding and playing tiers where I had already finished grinding every plane in every line past that point. The mustangs I flew because they were some of the only higher tiers I had to play when grinding with other people, I actually prefer cannons over machine-guns for their extended range.

While it is still a German plane, I actually prefer the A-5 over the heavies due to its enhanced agility over those larger, more sluggish planes. It's more "viable" when I need it to do that extra bit. I used the word "viable" because you did. I play every line and grind them out from stock to elite, and have always done so every iteration of the game from alpha to release.

So yea, I don't have a huge number of games played and I mostly play planes to grind them. I have a plethora of tier VIIIs (all lines/nations) just waiting to become tier IXs and then tier Xs but doing so is a stupidly arduous task due to many factors, namely the population of a game driven into the ground by too many patches pushed out despite negative feedback from the user-base. Perhaps once i'm done grinding all of my planes might I start "padding" the battle count on the planes I have yet to finish the lines of. I also sell the planes I complete so there isn't much going back to the planes after I complete them unless I happen to hold onto them because I enjoy flying them (enjoying a plane is not the same as thinking it is the best).

EDIT: Just a side tidbit, but I'd like to mention that my personal favorite tier VI is the Fw 190 A-5, yet I know perfectly well that a capable pilot in a La-5 could probably kill anyone in an A-5 relatively easily. Russian cannons are no joke.

EDIT 2: Also, it shouldn't be ignored that the US and DE tech trees are pretty well expanded at this point in development compared to the rest of the tech trees. The only other comparably sized tree would the the RU one, and it still has planes that I very much like. So basically, if someone had an equal amount of battles played in every plane in the game, it'd be skewed to represent US and DE over the others pretty much (especially if you exclude GAA, since they don't matter anyhow).

Because training rooms, reading patch notes, playing CT and "staying in touch" with people who still play the game is the same thing as actually playing the game, rite?

Instead of being a place to talk about winning you made this cool kids clique a long time ago.  I can't believe I'm being asked to refute that a not having played a single pub match in ~9 mos. makes you relevant... somehow.  It's completely ludicrous.  

If you want to hate the game, fine.  There are some good reasons to and you're hardly alone.  But don't act like you actually know what you're talking about... somehow.

A) The gameplay hasn't fundamentally changed.  The things I knew then are still relevant now.

B) I wrote more about how to play this game than your entire clan combined.  Not sure where you're getting this clique thing from.

C) I'm not hating the game at all.  I love the game.  The flight model is fun and inventive.  The keyboard and mouse control scheme is well thought out.  But the aiming system and plane choices sabotage casual players, and there's no reason to pretend that doesn't exist.

... I wrote more about how to play this game than your entire clan combined...

Hey man I asked to write for you as an individual, and despite not having any prior conflicts that I knew of with you, you declined without reason as far as I know (I don't mean this to sound like an attack, just saying!).

(More of a rant on this end, not specific to any one person.) Also we have some guides on our forums, but to be honest I have to say that the general idea that Dracarys is some living entity or hive-mind is a bit silly. I practically don't know 75% of the people in the clan to be perfectly frank. It's not like we're some evil alliance/cult formed as one giant super-villain or anything. A large portion of our players are waiting for something substantial to come to the game while they play a plethora of other games that are out there.

WoWP is far from perfect, and it has suffered dearly as a result. It does things right that other games don't. It also does things wrong that should be fixed but the developers so far have shown every intention of never listening to what the players want and would rather fulfill their "vision" than make a game people want to play.

Also a side note to the "gameplay hasn't changed" statement: While gameplay doesn't change much (and if it does that could potentially spice things up and encourage new blood, as I mentioned above in an edit somewhere), there are planes that sometimes are given magical changes in patches that don't actually list them as being changed. For instance, the A7M seemed a lot better after a certain patch, sadly this was right about when I finished grinding it and moved on, of course. There are also slight discrepancies where weapon ranges and such are tweaked, such as how machineguns have gone from being capable of sniping from 1km away to being really deadly at 300m but useless past 600m. But yeah, gameplay styles stay relatively similar because those are styles that exhibit the real combat capabilities of certain aircraft.

EDIT: To add onto the writing articles bit: I wanted/still want to make videos about WoWP, but there are many factors that result in me never doing so. These include lack of good footage due to tiny battles (3v3s are not exciting), lack of potential viewership due to stunted game population overall, and general procrastination/lack of video editing tools. I constantly (over)analyze the battles that I do take part it, to the point where it annoys my teammates at times. I would love for the game to evolve to a state where I could get players to send me replays or something for analyzing or some such set-up, but at the moment I don't really know what would be an effective means of teaching the few players who do actually play the game currently. A portion of those who do play are forum-goers (and they come in all shapes and sizes...), a large majority are people who never look at outside information and just play, and I don't really know if there is a sufficient amount of players that actually seek out information that is put out there for them. So yea, its kinda frustrating that the whole trying to teach players thing is for an even smaller number of the players than it is for other games due to the small total population.

Instead of being a place to talk about winning you made this place a cool kids clique a long time ago.  I can't believe I'm being asked to refute that a not having played a single pub match in ~9 mos. makes you relevant... somehow.  It's completely ludicrous.  

Sorry, but 5v5 matches, long wait times, and seeing the same guys repeatedly was boring as hell, and if you think I'm that wrong, give me a compelling reason as to why I should play a game that is lacking so much, and still hasn't shown evidence that the devs. are fixing it. Oh, and I'm out of gold and premium, so I don't feel like playing WoWP or WoT right now. So give me motivation as to why I should play.

As for the clique statement, it's hard to talk about winning in a game that's broken, not popular, and lacking content to keep players around. If WG gets their act together then I'll start playing again.

Wait, we stopped talking about the game's issues and now are talking about specific people's play habits? Seems like a fruitful discussion...

I am tempted to point out one major contributing factor to the state of the game today, but I will be kind and let the deniers bask in self-glory instead.

Stop fucking up this thread. I do not expect eye-cancer outside the official forums, don't disappoint me.

My two bits-

I want to like this game.. Really. Closed and open beta tester..

-I set up controls and profiles to where I can fly reliably with the crazy FPS loss I encounter, along comes a patch and "zap" it's start from scratch again..

-I'm not sure what they're changing that one patch, I can run a solid 60 FPS, and the next, it's a slideshow or a black-screen. It's gotten to the point that some maps were causing this.

-"Spray pattern" conical projo trajectories.  I've hit, and been hit by shots that were a full 30 to 40 degrees off the boreline of the aircraft. While not gamebreaking, it's pretty fucking silly.

-Bot games I like(d), because I was getting tired of wanting to play for an hour or so, and having to wait 10~15 minutes for a match, where I was running a high probability of players bailing if they did not like the MM, assuming they did not just "autopilot" around at spawn altitude.

And yeah. I've spent money on this game. I want it to work, but I keep expecting to hear news of it's demise.

RBS, you're quote off the mark concerning USA planes these days. Germans, yes, but USA? Which ones? Mustangs?? Please. You can hardly see a P-51 in a match these days, because they were nerfed big time.

Of course, you'd have known that if you had actually played the game. I'm with rock on this one.

My two bits-

I want to like this game.. Really. Closed and open beta tester..

-I set up controls and profiles to where I can fly reliably with the crazy FPS loss I encounter, along comes a patch and "zap" it's start from scratch again..

-I'm not sure what they're changing that one patch, I can run a solid 60 FPS, and the next, it's a slideshow or a black-screen. It's gotten to the point that some maps were causing this.

-"Spray pattern" conical projo trajectories.  I've hit, and been hit by shots that were a full 30 to 40 degrees off the boreline of the aircraft. While not gamebreaking, it's pretty fucking silly.

-Bot games I like(d), because I was getting tired of wanting to play for an hour or so, and having to wait 10~15 minutes for a match, where I was running a high probability of players bailing if they did not like the MM, assuming they did not just "autopilot" around at spawn altitude.

And yeah. I've spent money on this game. I want it to work, but I keep expecting to hear news of it's demise.

More hating because it's the col thing to do around here with no actual perspective.  

Meplat.png

You never got past tier 2 and have no idea what you're talking about.  And the MM has been changed for months now, the long queue times are a thing of the past especially once you get past the noob tiers. 

And if you actually spent money on the game it's not obvious how, as you've never played a single premium, beta, or preorder plane.  You're full of it and it's obvious that you're full of it.

RBS, you're quote off the mark concerning USA planes these days. Germans, yes, but USA? Which ones? Mustangs?? Please. You can hardly see a P-51 in a match these days, because they were nerfed big time.

Of course, you'd have known that if you had actually played the game. I'm with rock on this one.

Pretty much.  The P-51s are dogs these days, esp. the P-51H.  Anyone who's saying the Soviet line is weak hasn't played the I-220, and the Me 209A is actually somewhat hilariously stronk these days too even.

If people don't like the game or are annoyed by its chronically slow dev progress then *fine*.  But a lot of people like Jingles and the other self-appointed Internet Experts™ are just hating now for the sake of pageviews and have no idea what the hell they're talking about any more.

2/3 of the problems in this game have always been due to population, and the perspectiveless haters here who don't even know what they're talking about any more aren't helping.  Somewhere along the line instead of becoming a place to talk about winning this became a place for the cool kids to sit in the corner like goth fags and talk about how dark everything is without trying.

Guys, you're really missing the forest for the trees.  When I said the US/DE were dominant, I obviously was talking about the BnZ style more than anything.  Speed + Altitude > all.  And the planes you're pointing out, like the Me209 and I220, fit this category.  So I'm still right: nothing has significantly changed in the meta except the names of a few planes.

Since you love to point out my last logged in time because you have no valid points to make, I installed the game and prepared myself to crush you all 1v3 like in the days of old.  Even on my terrible Cambodian internet.

However, Wargaming had other plans:

KBP9F8w.jpg

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for two hours now, purely out of morbid curiosity.

• How can a company suck this bad?
  • Do they do any testing at all?
  • Do they actively turn people away from this game to try and avoid embarrassment?
  • Is there a Gajin double agent working at WG?
  • How is letting this game live better than just putting a bullet in it's head?

I updated every driver known to mankind.  Run CCleaner.  Ran Malwarebytes.  Read through WoWP Bugs forum with people having this exact same issue.

I've given WoWP all security access plus logins to my bank accounts and porn collection.

Still won't load.

So please, keep calling us "haters" when there are still severe fucking problems with this game... like actually getting to play it.

UPDATE: WOWP IS LITERALLY PAY TO PLAY

Some dude on the official forum suggested that he bought premium time and that allowed him to log into the game instead of crashing at the hangar.  Went into WoT, bought a day of prem for giggles, and... HOLY SHIT WHY DID THAT WORK.

So Wargaming's database is corrupted.  That's the issue people are having, not some hardware/software issue.  At least my account wasn't corrupted as bad as FastAttack's was, who didn't get to play for months.

So in addition to all of the UI hurdles, frequent crashes, difficulty installing, MM issues, imbalance, and low population, we also have to deal our accounts being corrupted.  But please, keep calling us "haters" because the game obviously is near-perfect.

God I love a good plane train wreck.

More nit-picking! More hard-hitting WotLabs discussion!

If there is no good gameplay left, are we destined to just have forum battles?

I said it elsewhere and I'll say it here: The best thing I can say about WoWP right now is that Battle Against Bots is a stress-free thing to waste 10 minutes on now and then.

For a PvP game, that's basically a death sentence...

Right now, it wouldn't matter if WoWP was objectively the Best Flight Combat Game Ever For Everyone, Even Your Blind Retarded Cousin Playing On A Toaster!!!!!

Why?

When you're peak server population is a little more than 1000 players, you're game is so fucking dead that it's literally costing more to run the servers and pay the software developers than your player-base is bringing in...

Personally, despite all the rumours about WG bringing in new devs to resurrect it, I expect they're more likely to just shut the game down entirely when the WoT player-base dwindles to the point that it can't financially support a dead tree like WoWP.