Nalyk

WoT vs WoWP

UPDATE: WOWP IS LITERALLY PAY TO PLAY

Some dude on the official forum suggested that he bought premium time and that allowed him to log into the game instead of crashing at the hangar.  Went into WoT, bought a day of prem for giggles, and... HOLY SHIT WHY DID THAT WORK.

So Wargaming's database is corrupted.  That's the issue people are having, not some hardware/software issue.  At least my account wasn't corrupted as bad as FastAttack's was, who didn't get to play for months.

So in addition to all of the UI hurdles, frequent crashes, difficulty installing, MM issues, imbalance, and low population, we also have to deal our accounts being corrupted.  But please, keep calling us "haters" because the game obviously is near-perfect.

God I love a good plane train wreck.

o.O  o.O  o.O

More nit-picking! More hard-hitting WotLabs discussion!

If there is no good gameplay left, are we destined to just have forum battles?

Dude, nit-picking?!

1. It took me 3 hours to get it installed, taking several re-downloads, re-installs, and driver updates
  2. WoWP still crashes after half the games I play.  It crashes if I exit queue to try and join that T7 battle instead of playing T5 only.  It crashes when I try to adjust the loadout.  Crash crash crash.
  3. The aiming system still is blatantly unclear about when I should fire, nor is there anywhere that tells me the range of my guns.  The lead system is still unclear as to which gun it's supposed to be calibrated towards.  The lead indicator is still completely wrong if the enemy is changing direction.  Why would a new player think that the lead indicator is wrong in every way?  They wouldn't, which is why they suck and quit in frustration.
  4. The meta is exactly the same as it was before: if you can't catch the enemy in the horizontal/vertical, they just make pass after pass while you sit there helpless.  Tier 5, P38F still amazing.  Tier 8, 262 still amazing.  Nearly every game becomes a 1vX where I carry or proceed to lose to AA/tailgunners over five to ten minutes where they are helpless to kill me.  If I didn't have 300ms ping w/ packet loss because I'm in Cambodia, I don't see how I lose any of these games.  As it stands, I "only" dealt 900+ damage in each of my T8 games and "only" dealt 800 in the one T5 game that didn't crash and I got to see the score screen.  In 3v3/4v4's.

So, to recap in simple terms.

1. Buggy as hell
  2. Interface actively misleads you
  3. 3/4 of planes still useless

Let's stop pretending that the low population is the fault of anything other than the sad state the game is in right now.

EDIT: Sorry Antiledo, my nuance detector is crippled right now.

Oh, no RBS, don't get me wrong. You aren't nit picking at all. You are absolutely correct. The people who think you are wrong because you said US/DE instead of I-220/DE are the ones who are nit-picking.

I will grant that if you have <23 games played since release, you really don't have a leg to stand on. But if you have played at all in the last 6 months, the same rotten core is still here.

My original assertion stands: no one can prove that this is a good game. If the game is not good, one cannot be faulted for not playing it; therefore the argument that "you haven;t played in a few months" is even more vacuous than usual.

More hating because it's the col thing to do around here with no actual perspective.  

Meplat.png

You never got past tier 2 and have no idea what you're talking about.  And the MM has been changed for months now, the long queue times are a thing of the past especially once you get past the noob tiers. 

And if you actually spent money on the game it's not obvious how, as you've never played a single premium, beta, or preorder plane.  You're full of it and it's obvious that you're full of it.

Are you looking at the right account?

1, I'm looking at tier three aircraft now. That aside, as I mentioned earlier, hard to play when the goddamn game won't run reliably, or as others mentioned, there is nobody online.

2, all you've said is "Oh it's better now" as if I just pissed on your favorite teddy bear. Great, except I (and seemingly everyone else here, except you) have not seen the evidence of it GETTING BETTER.

3, If all you think "spending money" means is "buying premiums" you need to wake the fuck up.  Looking at 11K in gold on the game now. Sure that's shared with WoT, but that means I've used it to buy hangar slots, paint, etc. 

FFS man, why would I KEEP FUCKING TRYING TO PLAY the game if I hated it?

Have a screencap, and go calm the fuck down.

aGOWcHY.jpg

You want screencaps of the beta test decals too, or are you going to chill out?

(ETA- 300 odd people online. FFS,)

UPDATE: WOWP IS LITERALLY PAY TO PLAY

Some dude on the official forum suggested that he bought premium time and that allowed him to log into the game instead of crashing at the hangar.  Went into WoT, bought a day of prem for giggles, and... HOLY SHIT WHY DID THAT WORK.

So Wargaming's database is corrupted.  That's the issue people are having, not some hardware/software issue.  At least my account wasn't corrupted as bad as FastAttack's was, who didn't get to play for months.

So in addition to all of the UI hurdles, frequent crashes, difficulty installing, MM issues, imbalance, and low population, we also have to deal our accounts being corrupted.  But please, keep calling us "haters" because the game obviously is near-perfect.

God I love a good plane train wreck.

Great. Well, means I don't need to waste money on another video card in a misguided attempt to play this game.

The premium account based crash issue is really odd, haven't seen that before.

WG has made a habit of ignoring game-breaking issues that show themselves the first day of CT though and that just adds to the layers of bugs and glitches they keep slapping onto the game somehow. I immediately pointed out to WG after hours of troubleshooting that CT 1.7 had a game-breaking bug that forced anyone who didn't have their non-unicode language setting set to English to never be able to log-in at all. Of course, WG wasn't even the one to find and post the solution to this issue, at least not in any of my tickets on RU or NA. I had to find a post by a player that told me what was making me literally unable to play even if I wanted to.

On the bright side, I just logged in to WoWP yesterday and got 30k free xp from the removed gondolas and some other stuff. It looks like that's the only thing I'm getting out of the several hundred battles I put into WoWP for the foreseeable future.

Are you looking at the right account?

Dude, please.  23 battles.  Come on.

Guys, you're really missing the forest for the trees.  When I said the US/DE were dominant, I obviously was talking about the BnZ style more than anything.  Speed + Altitude > all.  And the planes you're pointing out, like the Me209 and I220, fit this category.  So I'm still right: nothing has significantly changed in the meta except the names of a few planes.

:snip: RBS has fun with PC and buys a day of premium :snip:

Yeah the new version of BWE doesn't play well with older cards especially if drivers haven't been updated and running at that resolution probably doesn't help either.  Most of the other people complaining about not being able to run the game any more are trying to run on an old version of Intel integrated graphics, and it's kind of amazing the game ever worked for them in the first place.  But you and one other guy with a problem that went away after buying premium does not a deluge make, and that's before even ruling out correlation/causality.

Of course Speed + Altitude > all in planes.  It's like saying Armor + Firepower > all in tanks.  I-220 is actually a fairly crappy BnZer too, doesn't retain energy well in a dive or regain altitude easily.  If anything it's a high altitude TnB that can dive on the remnants afterward.  If that makes me a nitpicker, fine, but you're just calling anyone who disagrees with you a nitpicker.  

The F2G is still a basket case, but the Pancake is another good example.  That plane used to be a famously bad mess and got totally owned by 262s, now it's nearly OP for its tier and is strong as hell especially in the current GAA-saturated game.  The game still has problems, but progress has actually been made on plenty of them and the "I don't even need to play the game to know it still sucks" attitude is among the things keeping the pop. low.

The most ridiculous part is that I'm actually fairly annoyed with WG's ongoing failures with this game myself and don't expect to still be a paying customer this time next year, but I just look like a WG evangelist in a sea of moaning, butthurt and negativity.  

Dude, please.  23 battles.  Come on.

Look smartass, I explained why I play bot battles, which are not tracked.  You also are ignoring that I waded through two betas worth of skullfuckery and nonsense by WG, for fuck's sake.

If you'd bothered to check earlier posts I've made, you'll find all kinds where I'm mentioning black screens, game fucking not running, etc.

So fuck you with that attitude. All you can seemingly harp on is my lack of patience to deal with more broke-assitude since release.

Fuck, you're ignoring every valid comment I (and others) had, and focusing on one tiny part of tracked data of a game that just about everyone in here is agreeing is thoroughly unfun to play when it is not fucking crashing or broken. 

I'd call you a rabid frothing fanboy, but if this is what WoWp fanboys are like, no wonder so many think it's circling the drain.

This is actually kind of funny. Rock18 is reminding me of how I used to be about WoWP and hallo1994 used to be about WT. We've both regained out sanity, it seems Rock18 has yet to visit the asylum...

I actually liked WoWP. The main issues I found was that it was not newbie friendly, and that led to people abandoning it quickly. That was in beta. Little was done to improve that. I tried to stick with it in live. None of the patches did much to improve things. Games were either A. I can't beat that enemy flight, GG. B. That flight is on my side, GG. or C. Time to BnZ 1v9 and hope for the best. I still enjoyed playing the game, I simply didn't enjoy playing it with people.

For all I know, WG has completely changed the game for the better. It could be the best flight sim in existence. But unless some miracle forces a population boom, it has simply lost any appeal. I can get my flying itch scratched in a quality single player game. All the fun, none of the hassle.

In short, a game can be both "great" and "dead."

Oh, here. I'll save you the trouble of looking up my banner:

Deusmortis.png

For all I know, WG has completely changed the game for the better. It could be the best flight sim in existence. But unless some miracle forces a population boom, it has simply lost any appeal. I can get my flying itch scratched in a quality single player game. All the fun, none of the hassle.

About this, recall when I noted that WG/Persha is thinking about putting bots in randoms in 1.8? From 1.7 preview: http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/2015/01/15/update-1-7-preview/

Work on improving the matchmaker and team setup balancing is continuing, we’re planning to introduce more sophisticated logics in future Updates. One of the ways to balance classes and significantly shorten wait times in queue will be filling rooms with insufficient player counts with much more sophisticated bots which we’re planning to implement in Update 1.8.

Some of the remaining CA's and I think that if WG/Persha does this it'll enable them to advertise 15v15 battles again and at least keep the matches full and balanced, but if this is that case, I expect them to bring the 1.5/1.6 MM back which means only a 1 tier spread, but with bots filling in it balances it; however, with regards to the skill or difficulty of the bots, 1 dev. replied that they can make the bots better than the top 10 players in any region, so if they make them harder in higher tiers then sure it'd be good for now.

However, this is a fix only to the small matches due to low population, until they can get more content out and more advertising.

Also, WG/Persha put in parts of a client-side prediction system in 1.7; however, it sounds like it won't be in until 1.8 at least. http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/2014/12/01/in-development/#indev1

Which should have been in back at release......

I wanted to like this game so much, had a great time in closed beta, release came then it all went down hill. Played here and there since, even downloaded thae latest patch last week, logged in, joined que and....3 people in que said fuck it, not gonna waste half the morning trying to see what is new, went and played tanks.

I wanted to like this game so much, had a great time in closed beta, release came then it all went down hill. Played here and there since, even downloaded thae latest patch last week, logged in, joined que and....3 people in que said fuck it, not gonna waste half the morning trying to see what is new, went and played tanks.

The tanks 60 day login mission is far more worth it currently. Getting 3million credits, some gold from that T7 combat car, equipment, and that tier 6 premium for doing all 60 days was enough to make me finally patch WoT.

I dont even care about that, I would play a couple rounds in the morning before work, if I didnt have to sit in que for 5 minutes to play a half full game.

I hope they improve the bots, because the current bot literally crashes into the ground or just wanders around the map doing nothing until it bumps into an enemy.

"Sophisticated bot" is something I'd have to see to believe. More likely, they'll give it impossible handling (turning/speed etc. beyond what the plane could do in player hands) rather than true combat prowess. That would probably be interesting enough to make me try it out in test.

"Sophisticated bot" is something I'd have to see to believe. More likely, they'll give it impossible handling (turning/speed etc. beyond what the plane could do in player hands) rather than true combat prowess. That would probably be interesting enough to make me try it out in test.

They likely will give the bots something like that to where the majority of the players (Huehuehue) may have trouble shooting them down. So bots that perform slightly above average may be the norm. (not including the occasional lawn-dart to give the feel of the average player, lulz) I would comment on something else regarding bots but I can't remember if WG disclosed it.

Turning bots into "players" seems like putting a used band-aid over a gaping chest wound of a problem.  Which I feel RBS has already pointed out and addressed.

It doesn't fix the issues we already know about.  It'll just create more problems.  If anything it'll make new players more complacent(over time and at higher tiers I think) and even easier prey to veterans.

The current NA-specific matchmaker might make a few people think the population is even worse off than it actually is. Queue numbers are down drastically because it forces tiny matches really quickly now, so the queue is almost always resembling that of an empty one. Just one negative side-effect of the NA-specific MM, probably unintended but there nevertheless.

Sophisticated AI in most games is just another way of saying "Cheats like a warpacker".

Adding Bots into actual Battles will be the real deth knell for the game. 

As a stand alone and segregated mode, I have no issues with bots. But as you said, they do not belong in an "open" PvP game.

I really enjoyed WoWP for a long time. I basically stopped playing WoT to play WoWP. I played in the Closed and Open Beta and had almost 3k games after release. I stopped playing for two primary reasons: There were no clans or good forms of competitive play, and since I almost exclusively played solo I got really frustrated with all the OP 3 man flights that would pick me off first and carry every game they were in. I always thought it was a great game aside from that, but then again, I was always quite good at it. I can't speak for the average player.

HairlesMonkyBoy.png