A_Lethal1

Do the pre-battle stats you get are the ones you need?

The stats we are given at the start of a match is our team & enemy teams

Wn8,  Number of games played (measured in thousands) & WIN rate.

Yes Wn8 & Win rate are useful, but they are also 'Historical' and not recent (I understand we can't display them however)  Number of games just tells us how many games they have played, but doesn't break it down by class, tier or tank.

My argument is that this should be done for that particular tank. itself

.  1) Win rate with that particular  tank

2) Number of games with that tank (60% with 10 dames vs 60% of 180 games tells you more)

3)Mastery & MOE.   Tells you this player knows how to use the tank or has used it at its optimum, though looking at win Rate will tell you if hes consistent with it.

I have a mate that has 9K games, a meh Wn8 and a Win Rate of 47% my analysis of him for usefulness to the team or opposition would be a plodder and shouldn't be expected to do more then just carry their weight (barely)

yet my analysis would be different if I knew he had a 73% Win rate with that particular tank, 190 games in it and 2 MOE.

Which set of information would you want at start of battle?

This is why we have that battle screen information is to evaluate our and the other teams strengths and weakness.

change your config.  my xvm config has seven different pieces of info for every player:  avg tier, games played, overall wn8, overall wr, games played in tank, wr in tank, and damage/hp ratio in tank.

I wish instead of having overall stats, that someone would make a 60 day or recent config :

Overall stats are still good because they often tend to reflect, especially at higher levels, how one truly plays. This is because they reflect ingrained habits that are progressively broken as a player becomes better. I'm still far worse than a player like Sorphius (a plateaued blue) because those have much more experience playing at at a higher level than myself.

My XVM config has zero colors and displays no info whatsoever, which is mostly caused by me not using XVM. You don't need stats. Play your game, not someone elses game just because some colored numbers tell you to do so.

I will give one whole cookie (!) to someone who can make a XVM config that can show past 1k battle wn8.

It's 1 whole fucking cookie!

I mean its literally impossible, its not part of the xvm database. It would of been made years ago.

Why would it be bad to show past 1k WN? If you were suggesting that arty would focus you harder you're wrong. Even IF the enemy artillery player is trying to focus unicums, nine times out of ten you're the only one who is so it really doesn't matter how high your WN is.

My argument is that this should be done for that particular tank. itself

.  1) Win rate with that particular  tank

2) Number of games with that tank (60% with 10 dames vs 60% of 180 games tells you more)

3)Mastery & MOE.   Tells you this player knows how to use the tank or has used it at its optimum, though looking at win Rate will tell you if hes consistent with it.

Beside the fact that recent WN8 isnt possible with XVM and take a look at my config

I wish instead of having overall stats, that someone would make a 60 day or recent config :

No XVM camo is needed to shield from clickers.

I'm not using XVM stats and I'm doing fine. It's easier to focus to the game itself if you're not worried about the stats all the time. Just play your own game and don't worry about how bad or good your team/enemy is.

Btw I know 0 TOP-notch players who use XVM stats. Most of them run vanilla anyway and I personally just have the zoom-out and hitlog. 

I'm not using XVM stats and I'm doing fine. It's easier to focus to the game itself if you're not worried about the stats all the time. Just play your own game and don't worry about how bad or good your team/enemy is.

Btw I know 0 TOP-notch players who use XVM stats. Most of them run vanilla anyway and I personally just have the zoom-out and hitlog. 

second that. But why do you spread the last mysteries of unicum success in such a profane thread :P

I didn't activate XVM since 9.6, I don't know if it helps me play better or not but at least games are more relaxing when you don't see all those 46%ers in your team. It's also pretty fun to try and guess how good people are based on what they do in games, it's pretty amazing how fast you can usually recognize bad players :) Without stats I feel I also pay more attention to how people play, like who is very aggressive, who plays carefully and so on.

second that. But why do you spread the last mysteries of unicum success in such a profane thread :P

You gotta start from somewhere. I have a feeling I'm gonna be repeating that a lot in the future anyway.

I'm still far worse than a player like Sorphius (a plateaued blue)

mixed-emotions-happy-tears-gif.gif

But yeah... in the grand scheme of things -- especially when you account for the fact that so many people are so heavily padded from damage farming in lights and mediums -- overall is still a better metric than recent since it shows the big picture.  WN8 was actually designed specifically to take into account a player's overall history, and was never meant to be treated as a 30- or 60-day snapshot due to sample sizes.

All that having been said, as Tedster pointed out... just change your xvm config to show different data.  You can't get a recent wn8, but you can get per-tank winrates, battle counts, etc., which helps with initial deployment decisions.

change your config.  my xvm config has seven different pieces of info for every player:  avg tier, games played, overall wn8, overall wr, games played in tank, wr in tank, and damage/hp ratio in tank.

Thanks, I did not realize that I could do so.

One of the reasons I came up with this is I have been finding that I have been judging people based on their colour in the count down, yet have played better ( even carrying) or worse (Hvy tanks going valley on Lakeville encounter) then their colour would indicate.  Post game I looked at their stats in detail and found the play well in a certain class or worse indifferent to their Win rate.

The other reason is that pre-battle is very toxic.  I have had players on my team tell others to uninstall because of that colour.  It also apparently leads to higher colours being targeted.  Perhaps if we left the stats alone and got rid of the colours and did the 'battle screen(only)" in black and white it might help a little.  Nobody seems to be happy with the colour defining you.  I am not saying that the colour idea not be kept for signatures as it can add validity to opinions expressed, but not on the battle.