What XVM config do you use?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use?

• Default config
    • Config from a mod (e.g. Roughneck's)
    • Custom config (if you only changed a line or two, vote for whichever you changed it from)
    • What's a config?
    • I don't have XVM.
  2. 2. Choose one.

Now that we have a place we're allowed to talk about XVM (and I'm sure quite a few people around here have it), I thought I'd ask the burning question that has been weighing on me for many long minutes: what XVM config do all you people use, especially gudplayers? You often hear "I have XVM", but not so often what config is used.

I use a modified version of the default that keeps the same style but gives me more information.

(the crosshair is MeltyMap's Math Mod and the minimap is Locastan's)

okTERya.jpg

OTM has tank name, player name, winrate, and WN (the colour)

TtfTOJu.jpg

Tank winrate and # of battles is in parentheses

I use a modified "WoW Color XVM" config:

It shows me the Player WR, Name, WN7, Tank on the people page, then it color-coordinates their tank-name with the wn7 rating above their tank in game. (The only real difficult thing to get used to was seeing RED names over your FRIENDLY tanks [Friendly Tanks are Green for EVERYTHING else except the name]. It's hard not shooting them, thinking they're the enemy sometimes...but then again...not a real waste if you accidentally do, right?)

I modified the original - Located Here - to show similar WoTLabs/WoTStats ranking colors (Red -> Purple) (red is the worst, then it migrates grey-white-yellow-green-blue-purple) and added the WR% to the people pages on the sides.

shot_355_zpse7d67191.jpg

shot_357_zps3a8db3df.jpg

XVM.xvmconf file link

Remember this goes in your "WoT_Folder/res_mods/0.8.5/gui/flash" folder

I run so that it shows WR and WN6 (will XVM ever go to 7?) in the main player screen, then I disabled all the MM mods (as I'm a bit twitchy on those)

I use a custom config, modified using the online editor (original by _Say_).  I had to tweak it quite a bit to tailor it to my machine, which is pretty slow.

Basically I removed a bunch of graphical goodies, such as the floating damage numbers and the smooth-scrolling target health markers.  It's pretty boring compared to a stock config now, but it gets the job done.

Best thing I did with my XVM config is to color the OTM marker (in my case it displays the type of tank by default) according to the player's WN7.  This way I can easily see what kind of player I am working with.

This is a duplicate post - for some reason the forum didn't register the first time I posted it, and then it showed up twice.  Ugh.

Edited by bhawk1

I started from the basic config and slowly added to it to suit my needs, but I lost my conf file due to an idiotic mistake on my part when 8.5 was released, I haven't had the time to sit down and redo it. I am curretnly using the one from Anfield's mod collection, with EFF swapped for WN6, but I am going to redo my one for myself when 8.6 goes live, spend some of the first day when no mods work anyway to do it.

I modified Roughneck's to suit my own secret twisted desires. Still got one tweak that I keep intending to make, but continually neglect to deal with. PROcrastination.

I use a modified "WoW colour XVM" config:

It shows me the Player WR, Name, WN7, Tank on the people page, then it colour-coordinates their tank-name with the wn7 rating above their tank in game.

I modified the original - Located Here - to show WoTLabs/WoTStats ranking colours (Black/Red -> Purple) and added the WR% to the people pages on the sides.

shot_355_zpse7d67191.jpg

shot_357_zps3a8db3df.jpg

Willing to share?

I want this.

I have my own XVM config, it's been influenced by the original XVM as well as the WoW-style one.

Loading:

Global battles (in thousands), WN6, and global WR

shot082g.jpg

In sidebars (see normal/alt view for screenshot):
WN6, player name, global WR       tank name, tank WR

Tab:
tank battles (in thousands), tank name, global battles (in thousands), efficiency

shot083w.jpg

Normal view:
Tank name (colored by WN6), HP (friendly tanks in italics)

shot107y.jpg

Alt view:
Player name
Global WR, WN6, Tank WR

shot111z.jpg

Values (WN6, WR, battles) are color-coded by levels (Red-Gray-White-Yellow-Green-Teal-Blue-Purple-Orange) to give more of a tier spread than XVM standard.

xvmsettings.png

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/view/58zlu8b43uqzis3/XVM.xvmconf

I use  self-modified version of chesss's XVM PNG Light. His Light version does not show stats or other data, which I have added in. His Full version includes stats, but also many other things that makes the gui quite cluttered, IMHO. 

The following video shows the standard Light version, not my modification of it.

Willing to share?

I want this.

Oh! Of course! I'll upload it as soon as I get home :)

I can upload attachments here, right? (or failing that, what's a good place to upload small files like these to? I know photobucket is just for images/video)

Willing to share?

I want this.

Oh! Of course! I'll upload it as soon as I get home :)

I can upload attachments here, right? (or failing that, what's a good place to upload small files like these to? I know photobucket is just for images/video)

I've used mediafire to upload files and it's worked pretty well for me.

I've used mediafire to upload files and it's worked pretty well for me.

Thanks!!

Updated my post with the link to my XVM file for those interested >^.^<

And here it is as well

I only use the XVM lite version that comes in RK Phantom's mod. I don't really care that much about XVM. I guess it is useful to know at the start how much I might need to be carrying if I'm having a great day and I'm able. The flip side of that is when I'm having a bad day, it tends to make my outlook more bleak.

This is pretty much a scratch config that hasn't been updated in a long time, I'd love advice on if I'm missing anything vital.

ibswwzQYGeicAM.jpg

sidebars are total games[colour] eff[colour] playername[overall WR colour] tank[tank WR colour]

panel is tank[tank WR colour] total games[colour] eff[colour] overall WR[colour]

Colours are a very old XVM set with blue swapped for the original second purple shade like so:

ib09dWLc0a7Bwn.png

I have my own XVM config, it's been influenced by the original XVM as well as the WoW-style one.

Loading:

Global battles (in thousands), WN6, and global WR

shot082g.jpg

In sidebars (see normal/alt view for screenshot):

WN6, player name, global WR       tank name, tank WR

Tab:

tank battles (in thousands), tank name, global battles (in thousands), efficiency

shot083w.jpg

Normal view:

Tank name (colored by WN6), HP (friendly tanks in italics)

shot107y.jpg

Alt view:

Player name

Global WR, WN6, Tank WR

shot111z.jpg

Values (WN6, WR, battles) are color-coded by levels (Red-Gray-White-Yellow-Green-Teal-Blue-Purple-Orange) to give more of a tier spread than XVM standard.

xvmsettings.png

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/view/58zlu8b43uqzis3/XVM.xvmconf

Thanks for sharing your XVM config. It's very helpful to be able to see if an enemy player is gud@tanks without having to press Tab. 

Additionally, thanks to XVM now turning friendly player's names red if they are bad@tanks, I have now accidentally shot more teammates in the last 9 games (since installing your config) than I have in the last thousand games. 

I think my teams want me executed for suspected treason. 

I'm running a tweaked version of Sela's config.

I did notice a tendancy for bad friendlies and good enemies to be confused so I changed the allies to italics and enemies to bold. Enemy HP numbers are pink allies are aqua.

Mine also shows which tanks have the stock turret.

shot_017_zps93e12754.jpg

shot_018_zps84489ec2.jpg

Thanks for sharing your XVM config. It's very helpful to be able to see if an enemy player is gud@tanks without having to press Tab. 

Additionally, thanks to XVM now turning friendly player's names red if they are bad@tanks, I have now accidentally shot more teammates in the last 9 games (since installing your config) than I have in the last thousand games. 

I think my teams want me executed for suspected treason. 

I'm running a tweaked version of Sela's config.

I did notice a tendancy for bad friendlies and good enemies to be confused so I changed the allies to italics and enemies to bold. Enemy HP numbers are pink allies are aqua.

Mine also shows which tanks have the stock turret.

shot_017_zps93e12754.jpg

shot_018_zps84489ec2.jpg

Always look at the healthbars, that way you'll know who to shoot. Although reds on your team probably should be shot anyway...

Edited the original config to some extent. Quite some of the editing was done in notepad, didn't know about the onine tool.

f_xpt3_618_uc8m.jpg

And here is what it looks like in game - I have both EFF and WN showed, because I wanted to have eff showed when I ran the WN for first time. And I am too lazy to edit now.

f_xpt3_4b4_uc8m.jpg

I use Millbarge's config for blind people.  Big, bold and simple.  Its missing a proxy spot circle, and colored tank icons, but other than that, it is perfect for me.  My favorite by far of the 4 that I tried.

It took me 9 months of playing to get so far as to figure out how to install it, and I predict it will take some time longer before I will attempt to edit my own.  That still seems pretty intimidating.  

I guess I run defaultish, all I've modified is enabling the minimap, and tweaking the OTMs to act the way I want.

Always look at the healthbars, that way you'll know who to shoot. Although reds on your team probably should be shot anyway...

Lol yeah it took a little bit to get used to. Just so used to automatically identifying anything red as a hostile and reacting accordingly. 

On a side note:

After hearing all you unicums joking about using pubbies as meat shields (while I do realize that's at least partially an exaggeration for effect) I've made an effort to change the way I approach the game, which in turn has dramatically helped to improve my survivability and W/Rs.

I used to have a bit of the whole good platoon leader "lead from the front" and "leave no man behind"  mentality and died early way too often as a result. 

So anyway...thanks  :thumbup:

I use Millbarge's config for blind people.  Big, bold and simple.  Its missing a proxy spot circle, and colored tank icons, but other than that, it is perfect for me.  My favorite by far of the 4 that I tried.

It took me 9 months of playing to get so far as to figure out how to install it, and I predict it will take some time longer before I will attempt to edit my own.  That still seems pretty intimidating.  

Actually editing is pretty easy. There is a flash app that works as a gui editor.

Link

I use my own that goes in my pack

The pictures need updating as I've changed the colour scheme and thresholds to match this place.