TheEmptyLord

WG EU’s Stance on Warpack (Allowed?)

So this article just appeared on FTR. Even if you usually don't read SilentStalker's blog I would recommend to take a look at this.

TL;DR of the article: Player posts screenie of War Pack on reddit, gets reported to EU support. EUS copy pastas the usual mod message about your conscience, player complains ("so War Pack = legal?") and support responds by caiming that if the mod really is game breaking the automated in game report system will take care of it (How could you even possibly notice someone running hax?). I really hope that Minsk will respond to this.

However this isn't news as others already earlier and EU has had this mod policy for a while now. However now that SS advertised the existence of mad haxx to the average pubbie and diluted doubts about their legality I would still like to know if there is anything I can do against this myself. Obviously reporting is dodgy as you often can't tell if the enemy simply outplayed you got lucky or hacked (and to be honest I simply don't want to add to the list of Unica that get banned because tomatoes cry haxx!!!). Installing fishy mods is also out of question for me due to e-honoUre (you have to be a shitter indeed to cheat at an equal chances PvP game. If you cheat is there really an achievement left in getting good?). But assuming you don't want to create false-positive haccusations or become what you hate is there anything you can do besides gritting your teeth?
Are there any reliable sources when it comes to finding information about the advantages haxxers can get so that you could learn how to defend against that if at all possible? (I am referring to good forum posts about this or something similiar)

Are there any reliable sources when it comes to finding information about the advantages haxxers can get so that you could learn how to defend against that if at all possible? (I am referring to good forum posts about this or something similiar)

If someone hits your machine gun port on the VK4502B from 150m+ every time.

• laser from tanks gun (so you see if someone is actually aiming at you or just guessiing)
  • autoaim at weakspots
  • autoaim with obstacle correction (this i'm not sure of, i'd make it)
  • broken obstacles/fallen trees indicators so you can see much sooner where there is action on the map
  • reload counters for tanks that have shot (approximation only, they can't know crew skills)
  • 3d view of tank internal modules (this i've not seen in vids, but this is explicitly banned by WG so i assume it did become a problem)
  • removal of trees so you can see beyond bushes and aim for exposed parts of tank instead of hunting blind
  • showing of contours without hitting tank with reticule (don't know if this is illegal)

Copied from a guy on Reddit. (Not a forum post tho)

This really is like gear obsession with photography. People buy loads of random shit to make their photographs better and it just makes them terrible, until they stop using all the crap they don't need and realize that you can get great shots with a £50 prime 50mm. There's just so much shit in most modpacks (not just warpack but that's the most extreme example) that you just don't need.

The weakspot aimbot would often hurt at longer range - you are aiming for the edge of the tank and therefore more likely to miss completely. The laser mod would be broken though, especially if there was a HUD popup with a enemy gun view.

that literally doesn't imply anything.

the gun laser thing is utter horseshit tho.  It also looks fucking retarded.

What a surprise, WG EU is full of retarded apes... Paris office doesn't care about the game or anything related to. EU support allows players to use every shitty mod but in the very same time an ape from EUS can ban anyone for using cheats (Morgotz's case). EUS logic.

I know the truth...Warpack is secretly being developed and maintained by WG itself to cash in more bucks.

All the rumors, SS articles, false informations and discussions around it are just here to overshadow reality.

I know it, now you know it too....I just wanted to spread the word before they are coming for me...

Btw, where can I download this Warpack 2 Diamond Edition again?

How often do I have to read this shit again? Warpack or any other Aimbot does nothing about RNG. You can have the best aimed shot ever and rng wont let hit you the spot several times in a row.

And Warpack is not simpy a mod. It uses the same features like mods do but works totaly different. Warpack hasnt a single file in your mod folder. Everything runs by injection.

Anyway. This ftr post is full of hypocrite shit again. mimimi Warpack is bad mimimi. Let me promote plasmakeks cheatpage again over and over again where you can find all the stuff warpack gives you for free.

How often do I have to read this shit again? Warpack or any other Aimbot does nothing about RNG. You can have the best aimed shot ever and rng wont let hit you the spot several times in a row.

And Warpack is not simpy a mod. It uses the same features like mods do but works totaly different. Warpack hasnt a single file in your mod folder. Everything runs by injection.

Anyway. This ftr post is full of hypocrite shit again. mimimi Warpack is bad mimimi. Let me promote plasmakeks cheatpage again over and over again where you can find all the stuff warpack gives you for free.

Sounds like you know so much about it. Very suspect.

RNG is server side stuff so it's impossible to any mod to change that.

I know about that, I was talking about injection and such

On ASIA server, all mods + account selling are legal because Wargaming "cannot control activities outside our platform".

Best excuse ever for letting entire clans of several hundred people run around with grey-area mods and botting up their accounts before selling it.

*edit*

the worst part of it is that people have actually gotten screenshots of account selling blatantly happening on facebook group pages and Wargaming has done absolutely nothing about it.

ugh, I think I should have worded my OP differently.
Note that I am not one of SS's fans that spouts haxxx all over any Unicum they encounter.

I made the OP not because I fear that good players use cheats, but because I believe that SS's article on this issue will lead the average Joe player to use forbidden mods (after all all of the Unica use it just like SS said, so I gotta use it to compete hurr-durr). I am convinced that after this a lot of people will start to use dubious mods, so I wanted to know more about them (so that I could possibly take a break if needed). Just look at how wide spread the arty mod became after SS mentioned it. I fear that War Pack use might rise (probably on a smaller scale however, but it will rise).

As I mentioned in my OP I have no idea how the community can deal with this and I was curious if there was anything you could possibly notice in game (I didn't find much about this by googling myself and didn't find the WoTLabs threads on War Pack from back when Worst was still around). This is not so much about War Pack itself, but about a possible common use of it (which scares me).

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.  :tongue:

meh WG has no way of checking it so whatever

even for league play, they need you to sign some shit so that they can force you to install some mod that lets them check whether you're using mods.

I know about that, I was talking about injection and such

There was this german Community Contributer st0rmshadow which is also a former ESL admin. He knew quite a lot about cheats from his work for the ESL and shared his informations. Here is the first post about Warpack on the forums. It wont help you much if you arent able to understand german but maybe you get google translator to work :P.

Anyway he stopped working as CC cause of WGs sloppy work regarding hacks and stuff and stopped playing WoT as far as I know. But I think you can still send him PMs if you want some detailed informations about warpack. Just tell him hall0 send you and maybe if he reads it he answer you. :P

Let pubbies use WarPack, it won't help them anyway. Most of them can't use properly data from vanilla so how in hell they could use much more data and make a difference in battle? I'm just afraid that common association unicorns with cheats would bring us bans due "unsportsmanlike conduct" because report system is totally out of control. 

On ASIA server, all mods + account selling are legal because Wargaming "cannot control activities outside our platform".

Best excuse ever for letting entire clans of several hundred people run around with grey-area mods and botting up their accounts before selling it.

*edit*

the worst part of it is that people have actually gotten screenshots of account selling blatantly happening on facebook group pages and Wargaming has done absolutely nothing about it.

Meanwhile, Jaque makes a post mildly critical of WGNA's handling of esports, on wotlabs, and gets banned from the league and anything related forever.

There was something said before that the developers of warpack have taken legal action on previous games which WG are worried about, because im pretty sure they won the cases.

Basically WG don't want to risk their money pursuing them.

Screenshots can't serve as evidence they're easily falsified. If WG banned this guy then next week some angry kid that got clicked would forge a screenshot and get an innocent player banned. And we're all assuming he's guilty for all I know someone else posted that, reddit accounts are free to create. It's a dangerous precendent and can't be allowed.