Pitch_Black

Crew Skills Reset 9.6 * Don't Do What I Did...

Okay where is the secret decoder ring for the using the Crew Skills reset with update 9.6?

I looked on the WOT Wiki, forums, can't find how to use it correctly and it looks like I lost some crew skills by doing it...

I was tweaking my crew skills for my French heavy line, and I hit reset at the 90% option...babaam! Gunner was 2.23, now he's .97...what da faq? 

90% of 2.23 should be 2.007...

Am I not using the reset correctly? This blows...so you pay to reset your skills, but you don't actually get the % back you expected? I must be missing something...

Picture below to get an idea what I'm talking about.

72Fq9xp.jpg

Edited by Pitch_Black

it's 90% of the xp, not the %.

xp scales exponentially per point, and doubles per skill.

Like people already wrote but perhaps not explained so that you would understand:

Because of the exponential growth of skill/xp the first percents of a new skill level (up to 90 or so really) is not hard to get. You might perhaps need 20 000 xp to get the first 20% of skill number two. Meanwhile you might also need 20 000 xp just to get from 98% to 99% on that same skill level. Thus: when you reset to 90% of your total xp earned for that crew member, it will take you past those 23% you had very fast and then chew through the 90-ish on the previius skill level much slower, which is what happened. Once your earn 98-99% back on the crew member you reset, those 23% on skill 2 that you previously had will be back in a jiffy!

Like people already wrote but perhaps not explained so that you would understand:

Because of the exponential growth of skill/xp the first percents of a new skill level (up to 90 or so really) is not hard to get. You might perhaps need 20 000 xp to get the first 20% of skill number two. Meanwhile you might also need 20 000 xp just to get from 98% to 99% on that same skill level. Thus: when you reset to 90% of your total xp earned for that crew member, it will take you past those 23% you had very fast and then chew through the 90-ish on the previius skill level much slower, which is what happened. Once your earn 98-99% back on the crew member you reset, those 23% on skill 2 that you previously had will be back in a jiffy!

Got it now bro, thanks so much. I was phucking pissed.

And in future if you want to reset your skills do not reset them untill your 2nd or 3rd or what ever skill is next hits 51-52%, coz in this case you get that last skill on 8%+ so you dont have to go trought that painfull 95-100% grind again and 50% you get pretty fast.

And in future if you want to reset your skills do not reset them untill your 2nd or 3rd or what ever skill is next hits 51-52%, coz in this case you get that last skill on 8%+ so you dont have to go trought that painfull 95-100% grind again and 50% you get pretty fast.

Uhhhhh.  XP is xp, whether it's getting you from 0-50% or 92-98% so other than the psychological affect of slow number changes there isn't a difference.

However, the difference in skill affect is very different for <50% and for 90%+ so from a gameplay standpoint it's better to reset a few points near the top than at the bottom.

Also, the longer you wait to reset the more xp you will lose to the conversion.  So waiting from 98% until 50% is absolutely a bad idea (almost worse than dropping for credits in the first place).