Sign in to follow this  
sartox

Best crew grinding american tenk?

I'm in real bad need of american crews, so I'll get one pimp tank to grind crew on, the thing is, which one? I don't really like the t 34 and super pershing... I can afford to shoot gold if needed to (in case someon was thinking on the t69 or some other low pen tank). Please around tier 6-7 upwards.

Opinions?

IMO.

A tank you actually enjoy playing and are reasonable doing so, as well as being willing to retrain using gold.

Edit: Probably not light tanks as grinding scouts without sixth sense is painful.

Pretty much any of the mid tier US tanks are comfortable to play.  Pick one or two that you like and go from there.

The other consideration is what tank the crew will go to.  A lot of US crew tanks take double loaders so something like the T29 makes sense.  If you're just looking for 4 or 5 man crews any of the mediums and even lights would work.

You could also consider picking up a Ram-II or T14 if you want to get extra doubles with the crews.  Getting them on sale for 750 gold is pretty worthwhile.

I already have the t29, and I need to keept the crew that he has now. I need one crew for the t32, one for the t69. I already have crew in my t29 and pershing without a first skill and two more tanks like that is just a big nope. I'll farm first.

Actually, come to think of it, the double loader thing isn't a big deal anymore given that you can retrain anyone to be a loader now.  With that in mind the most efficient crew training will be on tanks with the largest crews - T1 Heavy and M6 are pretty decent for that if you enjoy playing them.

So your choices:

If you like the T29, transfer over your T29 crew to the T32 / Pershing and start training a crew in your T29 again.

Just put new crews into the T32 / Pershing and train them from scratch.

There's no shortcuts man, you have to grind those crews. That's why I suggested you grind thm in tanks you can tolerate, then transfer them later.

Mammoth! 

I agree that the T29 is a comfy tank that works well without 6th sense.  There is no need for you to throw away your current T29 crew.  Just send it to the barracks while you train up a new crew for other tanks.  

However, I enjoy grinding tanks more if they are fast.  T67 is probably still a fun one, even with the view range nerf.  Chaffee is also very fun, but I've never played it without 6th sense.  Easy 8 is fun, esp if you are willing to use lots of gold.  

ok, so I'll just keep my crew in the t29 and use the t32 to grind the very same t 32. I'll get the t69 crew by going trhough the t21 and the t 71.

thx all for your opinions and have a nice day :D

ok, so I'll just keep my crew in the t29 and use the t32 to grind the very same t 32. I'll get the t69 crew by going trhough the t21 and the t 71.

thx all for your opinions and have a nice day :D

I would suggest you move the T29 crew to the T32, and put a new crew in the T29. The lower the tier, the more forgiving of a poor crew it is. And the T29 is objectively better than the T32 tier-for-tier, so it is proportionately more tolerant of a weaker crew.

Note that the T71 doesn't have a dedicated loader.  Its still a fun tank, but it isn't a perfect crew trainer for the T69.  

I would suggest you move the T29 crew to the T32, and put a new crew in the T29. The lower the tier, the more forgiving of a poor crew it is. And the T29 is objectively better than the T32 tier-for-tier, so it is proportionately more tolerant of a weaker crew.

I will check with my esl team what they need more, the t29 or t32 and act accordingly.

Note that the T71 doesn't have a dedicated loader.  Its still a fun tank, but it isn't a perfect crew trainer for the T69.  

O well, I still have to grind those tanks, and the missing loader will have to be a stock one. At least I'll get a crew through the grind. I might use a girl loader from IM and issue done :P

Whatever out do, don't put a female driver in with the rest male crew, they couldn't handle the pressure. On a serious note, you would waste free BIA if you don't use all girl crews.

I love me chaffee ... :)

Tier 5 scout, plenty of XP to get when in high tier battles, combined with accelerated crew training it goes pretty fast.

Of course, the T37 and bulldog are good crew trainers as well.  Both fun to play and decent amounts of XP.

Train for which tank? 

Will you retrain for gold?

If it's for the T32, personally I used my M6 crew for that (with a T1 gunner / loader or whatever)... but I used the original T1 crew for the T29 (that went on to M103 in the end and then T110E5 while the second M6 crew went T29)... T29 crew is not a bad decision though...

My T29 is the best EXP earner (most exp per game) of all tanks in my garage. Right before the FCM 50t (Small sample size), M103 and T32.. still I don't like taking crews out without 6th. 

Mammoth a while back was the best though... missed opportunity there. I got a new M103 crew thanks to that.

I've put 2 75% crews though the ez8... makes good xp for me while being enjoyable to play.

I've also put another crew though the chaffee, although I did play 3 of the crew for about 50 battles or so in the m22 locust to speed up 6th sense and derp around for some fun.

I imagine grinding a crew in the t37 would be a good way of going if you did it in strongholds... 

I've put 2 75% crews though the ez8... makes good xp for me while being enjoyable to play.

I've also put another crew though the chaffee, although I did play 3 of the crew for about 50 battles or so in the m22 locust to speed up 6th sense and derp around for some fun.

I imagine grinding a crew in the t37 would be a good way of going if you did it in strongholds... 

I don't play the E8 anymore since I ACED it and got the Fury... I moved the crew to the T20 so I can play the Ram 2, Fury, T20 (dedicated crew) or Pershing (dedicated crew)... basically I can play 4 tiers of US meds with only 2 crews :D

I agree with Sorphius and Candy as opposed to everyone else.

It's just so easy to train your crew on american mediums - their view range gets you a lot of spotting damage, pretty much for free. This in turn translates into more exp/game than your heavy counterparts. You could go with light tanks, but I feel that light tanks don't have the same carry ability, which will make you lose more games than you'd like. If you just like light tanks though, I don't think they're a bad choice.

Out of the mediums, personally, I'd went with T20 simply because I feel that the Pershing uses a fair bit more gold, and Patton may not be very forgiving without 6th. But I do think that picking any medium will gring your crew faster than a heavy or light tank.