Okay... there are many times you go toe-to-toe with a tank....knowing when to face hug vs back off and shoot.

What are your tips?

Last night, I was in my T67 vs an E25 and, frankly.. should have won. He was red, I was not. He was damaged, I was not. I bounced 2 shots that should not have bounced. I should have aimed better.. or something.

I could nto avoid him.

What do you do in these situations?

This cost us the game.

Need to figure out how toe-to-tow works and how not to be the guy going, "wtf?"

Jedi

A t67 vs an e25 is really not a favorable position for you. Best is to try to avoid getting in these positions. Though I understand that it happens and when it does you need a miracle to pull it off. He uptiered you by 2 tiers and he could kill you in just 3 secs. Your only chance is to manage to get to his side and sidehug immediately so he can't turn on you. The manlet on the e25 is very bouncy even vs 180pen guns and autoaim hits always right there. 

Ok.. got it.. side hug him. I will work on that from now on. Thanks!

I did not mean to..... we were in a 2-tier difference battle and the team waffled. We had a great game and this guy was the only one alive. He ended up killing like the last 4 of us. I thought I would go around the other side as he had sat back in the back all this time and I "needed to move" as we were running under 3 minutes. Then he picked this time to run up "the other side". I ran smack dab into him and tried to keep him busy but the other two people alive did not take advantage of it. They were right around the corner and could have side shot him when I tracked him.. but they sat there. Then they died.

Jedi

Ok.. got it.. side hug him. I will work on that from now on. Thanks!

I did not mean to..... we were in a 2-tier difference battle and the team waffled. We had a great game and this guy was the only one alive. He ended up killing like the last 4 of us. I thought I would go around the other side as he had sat back in the back all this time and I "needed to move" as we were running under 3 minutes. Then he picked this time to run up "the other side". I ran smack dab into him and tried to keep him busy but the other two people alive did not take advantage of it. They were right around the corner and could have side shot him when I tracked him.. but they sat there. Then they died.

Jedi

Side-hugging doesn't work very well against E-25s with decent crews though. I've out-dogfighted MT-25s and 59-16s in mine, and i doubt a T67 is more agile than the latter.

You need to hope he has a damaged engine/dead driver for a side-hug to work, or else the sheer engine power in that will just push you aside.

Going one on one with a td I almost always go for the track first, even if it is a 0 dmg shot. This forces him to burn a repair kit or stay perma tracked!

Problem being that the e-25 is a very... special tank to permatrack (especially if you're doing a frontal track shot... rip). You better have better DPM than him (how in the fuck)and/or be in a position to bounce >75% his shots (which the t67 can't), because if you don't you'll just get yourself murdered by sheer RoF (as he can also permatrack you in place)

Don't get into a situation like that. All the skillz you have are pointless in a facehug thus I personally avoid them at all costs. It's straight up HP trading usually (unless you're in something like an IS-7 or your enemy is a super shitter) and why give a noob such a chance to take away your health like that?

I learn it the hard way not to try sidehugging turetless TD if it has hard surfaces nearby.

Always behind the tank, not the side.  If you are on the side it is just a race for you to kill before the td scrapes you.

I killed an E25 in Sacred Valley with the "circle of death" quite handily. My crew did have 3 skills/perks at the time, and the E25 had a crew in it from his tier 8 waffle - wn8 he was green and I was yellow

One thing that works for me, if you have the OTM reload mod or if you know the reloads of the tanks, is when they have one second left to shoot simply reverse direction. At the very least it will ruin their aim, at best they will be slow to react, have that fat finger on the button and shoot into the air or bounce somewhere they didn't mean to hit

Yeah I know the E25 has a 2s reload so that wouldn't help in this particular case.

Okay... there are many times you go toe-to-toe with a tank....knowing when to face hug vs back off and shoot.

If you can't abuse armor, don't fight DPM wars. Shitters can hit when you're in his face.

E.g. angled E-100, IS7 turret can trade favorably during facehugs. A shitter isn't going to aim for your engine deck or non-obvious weakspots.

In the case you described, try to keep distance since it's unlikely that you'll get onto his side.

If he yolos, you can abuse his mistakes and speed (dodge at last moment, then hug side/rear).

Don't get into a situation like that. All the skillz you have are pointless in a facehug thus I personally avoid them at all costs. It's straight up HP trading usually (unless you're in something like an IS-7 or your enemy is a super shitter) and why give a noob such a chance to take away your health like that?

This is as useless as saying "just don't get shot at."  Every player will find themselves in this situation regularly, so you may as well plan on dealing with it in some way that doesn't involve touching a red line and firing over your allies' shoulders.

So some basic tips for winning a toe to toe brawling scrap:

1.  Use autoaim if you are at risk of missing.  If you aren't, repeated hits in the cupola are a good choice for easy pens + fucking up their shit.

2.  Conversely, jerk around a bit to throw off their aim, present weird angles, and so on.  Bait them into badly aimed snap shots or your hard points.

3.  If you are ahead on HP, put the pressure on them -- ie, don't be afraid to straight up trade shots rather than let them peekaboom and have a chance.  This is especially key endgame.  If two IS-3 are fighting the last tanks alive, and you have 900 and he has 450, go drive right up and trade shots and autowin.  If you peekaboom, he might just win, but he will not win trading hits.

4.  If you are below on HP, you have to find ways to bait a miss, fire 2 for 1, etc.  Be aware of firing and backing off, or digging into a hard situation to force him to dig you out (wrecks are perhaps the best cover in WOT).

5.  Facehugging or grinding on their sides works well depending on the tank matchups.

6.  Make them chase you with their turret -- drive around them, etc.  This increases the chance of a miss or at least not firing on reload.  Every advantage helps, especially with quick reloading tanks.  For example -- blap them in the tracks (damage and track), then drive around them.  Although their turret will likely catch up, its common that they will lose seconds doing so, effectively giving you a DPM advantage and ass shots.

7.  When possible, decline the engagement and/or bait them into allies crossfire. When not, make it quick so their allies/cancer can't intervene.

8.  Be adept at quickly identifying weak points, avoiding autobounce, etc.  Use terrain and such where possible.

9.  Where appropriate, fire HE (very soft tanks).  Also where appropriate aim for fires/racks.  This is common in T-62A vs clone battles, a few repeated hits in the side often means gas damage and then fire.

10.  Don't be afraid to ram them, especially as they are aiming.  In my KV-5 I frequently fire -> ram -> fire -> ram because the impact and shaking often causes people to miss or take a long time to aim, all the while I am pounding them to scrap.  Basically, fuck with them in any way you can.

Last, pray to the RNG gods.  There is a lot of luck in a brawl -- a good roll or module loss can fuck you in the arse.  And even if you play well, you will bleed heavily, so avoid this when possible.  But when you must, crush them.  Sheer aggression overwhelms many a pubbie, as they panic and can't react quickly enough.

If you get that close to a e25 in a t67 your doing it wrong lol. Problem is the e25 spec wise is just as good in most categories and better in the rest and if you can't track him your dead. I love my t67 but if I run into one I do what I can to put distance because distance is your friend

T67 is not a face hugger, but it can be an epic drive by strafer. 

When actually really mantlet to mantlet face hugging, don't be afraid to un-autoaim and zoom those cupolas/hatches - while he is pinging shots off of your mantlet, you can decapitate his commander.  This can turn American heavy tanks from invincible -> wreckage if they tunnel vision, GG.

This set has a few examples of toe to toe brawling against a superior tank.  In the last ~3 games I have to brawl against an IS-6/3 several times in my T-34-1.  Watch the methods I try to win, and contrast those to the pubbie who tries and fails in game 9.

How to brawl 2 x is-6 by Garbad:

as seen on TV (20150614_1601_china-Ch04_T34_1_83_kharkiv.wotreplay):

1. use auto aim
  2. bounce half your shots
  3. deal 900 damage between two is-6 plus two shots in another two random tanks
  4. die
  5. cry in chat that he "outplayed" two t8 heavies (which both lived and won the match btw)

How to brawl 2 x is-6 by Garbad:

1. use auto aim
  2. bounce half your shots
  3. deal 900 damage between two is-6 plus two shots in another two random tanks
  4. die
  5. cry in chat that he "outplayed" two t8 heavies (which both lived and won the match btw)

1.  Be yellow.

2.  Comment on unica gameplay.

3.  ???

4.  ???

5.  taters

How to critique Garbad play:

1. watch garbad replay he posted in trying to answer a question
  2. bounce most of your points
  3. deal light damage based on his example (900 damage against multiple same tier tanks in that situation is a lot more than many would have accomplished.) while also not offering anything of substance to the original topic
  4. ???
  5. lose?

That being said, I'll give you points for bravado.  I've seen things I question in garbad or Keweii replays before, but seeing as my recent isn't close to his overall I pretty much assume what doesn't work out for him once has worked out for him 5 other times.

That being said, I'll give you points for bravado.  I've seen things I question in garbad or Keweii replays before, but seeing as my recent isn't close to his overall I pretty much assume what doesn't work out for him once has worked out for him 5 other times.

The shitter is just trolling.  Besides, the reason I linked that particular pack is it happened to have everything you need to learn, including a failure by me, a couple of failures by pubs, a couple of times I did well, and once a pubbie did well.  Just watching me overpower the pubbies with waves of unstoppable unicum fired out of my ass teaches you very little.

This set has a few examples of toe to toe brawling against a superior tank.  In the last ~3 games I have to brawl against an IS-6/3 several times in my T-34-1.  Watch the methods I try to win, and contrast those to the pubbie who tries and fails in game 9.

Thanks, I will check that out. I appreciate the help and input.

Jedi