RedAlert2010

Solve this Argument for me (so i dont have to)

IS-7 or IS-4  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

So me and one of my friends got into an argument revolving around whether the IS-4 or the IS-7 is the better "New Player Friendly" tier 10.

He maintains the grind to the IS-4 is better, and the tank is much more fun, oh and the tank itself is better. He thinks its just the better tank all round.

I maintain obviously that the IS-7 is the correct choice, due to everything it has, armor, gun, speed. I also personally feel the grind through the IS-3 is more fun, but i havent played that grind for a long time.

Now guys vote on the poll, and offer your thoughts in this thread.

*Note: i posted this exact question in the General discussion on WoT, will be interesting to see any correlation as well*

Neither, E5 is

If you have to choose, IS4. KV4 and STI are competitive in their tiers, and IS4 has better gun characteristic and HP

I bring it up, because i have been helping a new player decided which is better, he is at the split to the IS7 or IS4

If you can teach him how to use the armor, IS-4 line is better. If you can teach him how to use the mobility, IS-7 line better. Armor is probably easier though.

No tank in game can push as hard and fast as a IS-7. Its exciting, fast, armored but it won't teach you much because of its unique ability to be super aggressive which doesnt translate to any other tank really.

IS-4? its ok.. thats all really, its quite vanilla so to speak.

I've been going up the IS-7 line, and for me it's the more "noon friendly" of the two heavy lines. The reasons (personally) for me were:

1. Much better crew compatibility. The IS-7 lines has tanks which start with 5 members, then has 4 until tier 10. Unfortunately, the IS-4 line jumps to 6 straight away, with two loaders. Can be painful to grind up a new loader at these tiers.

2. The mobility difference is quite nice to have, allows more of a chance to flex when needed, and to help avoid the sky pigs easier as well.

3.Early access to "pike nose" tanks (that is if you ever want to go up the chinrese line.)

I've gone up it for a reroll for the T95E2 medium, and it's quite a comfortable grind, even without premium time. However, the gun depression on the tier 5-7 tanks is a fucker, and can lead to frustration if you aren't used to it (like me!)

IS7 is the king of yolopush, and yolopush is fun.

Also, that sidescraping ability *-*

And decent gun if you can spare some APCR.

I voted for IS-4 because of the armor on the entire line. KV-4 and ST-I especially are tough tanks even you don't know how to angle them properly.

I've tutored a couple of new players and they all hated IS-8 so much that they wanted to quit the game. They don't know how to play with such a soft heavy, and speed only gets them killed faster.  =D

I wonder what was the preferred tank for completing First Mission-HT15, and what was the %?

For me it was in my IS-7; and I thought it'd take longer (third match). However, I don't own an IS-4.

Most people don't realize the top gun on the IS-8 is the same gun as the IS-4...

Edit*...I don't remember all the module similarities (the gun for sure), but grinding the IS-7 "should" make the IS-4 grind easier, but not the inverse.

Edited by Pitch_Black

if you're not going to use free xp, then IS-7 line.  I shudder at the thought of playing a stock ST-I after experiencing the stock tier 9 T34.

Yeah, 44k exp before you get the gun from the IS-3: Then another 86k or so for turret and proper gun before another 189k for the IS-4 itself. I think the math came down to something like an 80k experience difference between the two grinds, where the IS-8 is cheaper. I'd take a shittier tank overall than grinding 44.000 experience with a tier 7 gun on a tier 9 tank and since he is a newbie, he probably isn't shitting out ~700 base exp per battle like unicums do.

IS-7 is slightly better, IS-4 is good too. Not too surprised he thinks the IS-4 is better, they are really close. IS-7 is technically much better, but the IS-4 gets so much help for what it is. Kudos for having 440 alpha instead of 400 or 490, kudos for being a T10 armour-centric heavy, kudos for doing that and still being the smallest t10 heavy in the game, etc etc.

IS-7 is slightly better, IS-4 is good too. Not too surprised he thinks the IS-4 is better, they are really close. IS-7 is technically much better, but the IS-4 gets so much help for what it is. Kudos for having 440 alpha instead of 400 or 490, kudos for being a T10 armour-centric heavy, kudos for doing that and still being the smallest t10 heavy in the game, etc etc.

IS7 without APCR is probably a form of masochism

Yeah, 44k exp before you get the gun from the IS-3: Then another 86k or so for turret and proper gun before another 189k for the IS-4 itself. I think the math came down to something like an 80k experience difference between the two grinds, where the IS-8 is cheaper. I'd take a shittier tank overall than grinding 44.000 experience with a tier 7 gun on a tier 9 tank and since he is a newbie, he probably isn't shitting out ~700 base exp per battle like unicums do.

From what i can see he isnt doing too bad: http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1012703562-HOPE_1134/

Ok for a new player.

No it's almost a requirement for that tank

IS7 without APCR is probably a form of masochism

It was my first tier ten and I hardly ever used apcr and still managed 2500 dpg and 65% for 250 or so games, but rip those stats because I'm trying to farm damage blocked for missions now.

It was my first tier ten and I hardly ever used apcr and still managed 2500 dpg and 65% for 250 or so games, but rip those stats because I'm trying to farm damage blocked for missions now.

Those damage blocked missions are so stupid, pretty sure only bounces count. Track hits and "no damage" hits don't seem to affect that one for me

2500 is barely doing over your own HP

For me IS-4 is much more better tank then IS-7, mainly because of better gun handling, but I first grind up to IS-8, so I have ST-I almost fully researched (in gun area at least).

And it seems that people are kinda ignorant about how to shoot KV-4, ST-I, IS-4 so if You side scrape, angle (or play on turret last two) You can have quite a lot of bounces ;) so for me it is much easier to survive in is-4 then "mobile line".

But I prefer to play slow, heavily armoured tanks so my opinion is very specific :D.

IS-7 because I have the IS-8 in that line and I haven't even played the T-150 yet.. so I will go IS-7.

But let's go the "road to" because at 6 the KV-85 is still a stronghold / tank company tank.

At tier 8 the IS-3 is a stronghold / tank company / team battle tank

On the IS-4 line I haven't heard of any keepers for competitive play.

On a personal note I liked the T1 Heavy more than the KV-1.

I didn't mind the KV-1S (now KV-85) but if I have to choose between that and the M6... hmmm pretty hard pick.

At 7 the IS is okay but it's no T29 period.

I think I liked the T32 more than the IS-3

I loved the M103 and I haven't decided on the IS-8 yet, it's pretty nice actually not half as bad as I expected.

Yeah MURRICA over Russians in my book but for your question IS-7 

I have both, and I like IS7 more. Even though IS7 was my first tier 10 tank, and I played IS4 quite a lot later, my stats are better in IS7. The only thing i like with IS4 more is the gun handling. After playing IS7, IS4 gun is pure joy. Other than that, it is slow, and pubbies will anyway double tap 2 when they see you, so not much use of an armor, and IS7 is much more trollish in that area. And I am clicked far more in IS4 due to the low speed so... in my case, the verdict is clear, IS7 wins.

And regarding the APCR spam, i run 50/50 loadout in my IS7, and most of the time, I run out of AP ammo and start shooting APCR for that reason. My stats in it are bad anyway, when compared to the most of you here so... :)