TrOplcThUnDeR

Leo PTA. Diamond in the rough appreciation thread.

I could free XP to mine but I would have to spend the rest of my gold on converting to creds to barely afford it. Mayhaps we can have our christening joyride together, Leo and Leo, as one, chaii snipping bitches from afar lol...

I got my Leo 1 done. 500 games was my goal in the PTA. By then I should know all it can teach me.

im grinding right now and its a meh tank, if ur a good player u can do well but its easily the worst t9 med the wz-120 might be worse but idk

lorr isnt a tank

im grinding right now and its a meh tank, if ur a good player u can do well but its easily the worst t9 med the wz-120 might be worse but idk

lorr isnt a tank

I didn't have to subject myself to the stock grind, but had I, I may hold a similar opinion. Honestly, as a mid range sniper and flexer, it almost seems OP with its camo and penetration.

Towards the end of the grind, for my last few games, something clicked and I probably averaged something like 3.2k dpg. It really forces you to think about worst-case scenarios, firing lanes, camo...I'm pretty derpy most of the time, but the Leo PTA forced me to think more about my play, instead of doing everything on instinct. I'm really glad I didn't skip it.

+1 on this. The Leopard PTA turned me from a 51% green to whatever I am now. I haven't had another tank teach me as much. That is all.

Have you elited the T-54 yet? I'm used to comfy NATO meds, I'm not sure how I like the Russian mediums so far.

Free xp'ed all top goodies. For me, the AP round cannot reliably pen tier 9 tanks unless its the ass or sides and the speed is underwhelming. ( I would take speed and camo over minute amounts of armor for a medium tank)  I am adjusting to a more aggressive play style and will reattempt later. I am convinced it is me since so many people insist its a great tank and will have to adjust. Also, I need more creds so I can spam HEAT, because you know... WHY NOT...

Free xp'ed all top goodies. For me, the AP round cannot reliably pen tier 9 tanks unless its the ass or sides and the speed is underwhelming. ( I would take speed and camo over minute amounts of armor for a medium tank) I am adjusting to a more aggressive play style and will reattempt later. I am convinced it is me since so many people insist its a great tank and will have to adjust. Also, I need more creds so I can spam HEAT, because you know... WHY NOT...

That's how I feel, but I just feel like I have to try it. Thanks mate!

On topic: Every yellow player should be given a Leo PTA to drive, stock everything except for the engine (because that's just cruel otherwise.) I learned more from this one tank than playing literally anything else. The idea that any mistake will be brutally horribly punished, probably with an ammo rack explosion, is enough to make you hide behind the cap and never come out. Except you can't, because that's how you lose everything always. So you learn how to properly snipe, and flex, and pick flanks, and support a push despite the fact that you can NEVER get hit, and then you learn that hit points are spendable, and you learn that baddies love to shoot your UFP, whether it's at autobounce angles or not. And then you win.

TL;DR, Thanks PTA. You've been great.

Yea, I am amazed how many people get skerd from the alpha. I am glad most forget or don't realize a lot of t7's and up can out DPM the leo pta.

Yea, I am amazed how many people get skerd from the alpha. I am glad most forget or don't realize a lot of t7's and up can out DPM the leo pta.

I have survived more encounters in the PTA then I would like to count because of this fact.

Best excuse when I camp. This is a Leo PTA, not a T54. I have to camp and run like a bitch. Leo PTA's camo surprised me. In live oaks, 200m away from cap circle behind the bush, I wasn't spotted after reset a capping IS-6 4 times.

I hear the LEO 1 is a beast dick version of the PTA, I am pumped. Not pumped to grind the creds though.

So comfy its ridiculous. Think of all the silly things you hate about the prototype. Now imagine if they all just...went away. Worth every battle to grind, you'll love it.

Getting it today, SerFoch recommends grinding engine, turret, gun using enhanced suspension. Would that be fine?

If the app on my phone is correct, you shouldn't need the enhanced suspension equipment.

Getting it today, SerFoch recommends grinding engine, turret, gun using enhanced suspension. Would that be fine?

You shouldn't grind any T9 medium, free XP turret, gun and suspension if required. Can you imagine M46 Patton with 105 derp?

To sell or not :(

People keep T54 when they get T62A or Obj140, because of T9 and T10 plays different role. Leo PTA and Leo 1 play same role, sell it if you don't have another set of good German crew members.

To keep. Its getting buffed (DPM and dispersion) and its a fantastic tank I wish I still had!

That would be amazing. I have to admit that after I got it fully upgraded, it's a diffrent tank and it'a s lot of fun.

Got it from 46% to 50%WR since I have the tog gun.

If the DPM gets better it's going to be a monster.

Can someone compare AMX30P to LeoPTA?

Someone in my clan has played them on the test server and concluded that they are fairly comparable with the edge going to the frenchie. They also said its nearly pointless since the  new French t10 medium is a worse version of the Leo, or basically the leo with an enormous commanders hatch as a target.