TrOplcThUnDeR

Leo PTA. Diamond in the rough appreciation thread.

On 22.4.2016 at 1:52 PM, HS5 said:

Here, I have used 10 minutes of time I should have used for something else to create a process flow chart on how I choose equipment. :) Not complete, final WHAT EVER IS LEFT box could be opened up more but it depends on particular tank too much.

Untitled Diagram (2).png

Nice flow chart m8. I'll try to reward you with some FAME points, if you're up for joining my teams during this campaign. (It's the best I can do atm.)

On 22.4.2016 at 6:28 AM, EthanDuong said:

Why would you use a rammer on a tank that has worse DPM than a KV85 anyway? Play to its strength, not its weakness

Dude, Rexxie along with Dia are among the best players to drive the Leo on NA. Legal to have own opinions
but you are trying to give Abel in my country a math lesson. Your arguments WILL be checked for validity

On 2016-04-22 at 9:28 PM, EthanDuong said:

Why would you use a rammer on a tank that has worse DPM than a KV85 anyway? Play to its strength, not its weakness

Because when you are shooting 10+ shells a match, having that 1 extra shot is usually the difference between winning or losing.

Vents offers the tank NOTHING outside of slightly better dispersion/aim-time which is already good enough. This is coming from a guy who did 69% solo in the PTA.

The Accuracy feels somewhat wonky. I only have 30 battles with it though, we'll see how it fares.

Free Xp'd all the modules to avoid all the grief. Loving it so far. It's like a Tier 9 WZ-132.

Was surprised to find that it can tackle some climbs that other tanks would just slide off. Will need to spend some time in a training room checking that out - could be an overlooked advantage of this tank

I bought the thing stock and i lost 16 of the 18 games i played, it's by far the worst stock grind i've ever done (even worse than the e50s grind). What should i research first? Gun, or tracks + turret?

I used to loathe this tank but now it is my BAE. With the -8 gun depression on its way. I will hardly have a reason to be playing my leo1.

Its my favorite tank, can play it nonstop. Having a great, high pen gun that almost never needs prem ammo means that credits arent a problem even without premium account. Semi-scout, semi-medium playstyle lets you snipe through the mid-game and have the speed to flex and win at the end.

Don't brawl with it though.

What to do with this tank on certain maps eludes me thus far. I consider myself a competent med player, but this thing isn't a pershing, t20 nor crommy. Ruinburg eats me up every time. 

Well 8 degrees of gun depression has arrived and its great to have. I prefer this tank to the M46 and the T-54, and that's saying something.

Opinions on leoprot vs amx 30 1er nowadays? Haven't played the leo prot since about 3 of its buffs ago...

8 hours ago, Ezz said:

Opinions on leoprot vs amx 30 1er nowadays? Haven't played the leo prot since about 3 of its buffs ago...

AMX 30 has that cancerous 0.20 turret turn dispersion which is absolute cancer (worst out of any tier 9 mediums, even worse than WZ-120 or Centurion). This now has better mobility (engine and terrain is slightly worse but it doesn't have cancerous traverse), a better gun (worse DPM, but the aim time is lower and the dispersion is WAY better) and more view range. OpieOP

Its amusing to see the PTA, on paper, can do a better job of scouting than the 9.18 lights. Put PTA side by side with 132a and 54lwt and you'll see what I mean. Acceleration is lower than any light but if you have a long way to go it gets there fast. The only bummer is that recon and SA are both on the commander, so no divide and conquer for 10m more VR. But the speed, the gun, the camo, the low profile, awesome. 

Did the very same comparison. Having played the shit out of the 8 lights with their pissy 190 pen... took the leo prot out and the glory of 270 pen simply cannot be overstated. The amount of stuff that goes from 'iffy pen if you aim' to 'lol auto aim' is very significant. And then of course there is the ability to lol heat heavies in the face. And then you realise that while you are pretty much dead after 3 shots by 400 dmg guns in a light... you are sitting pretty with 500 health still.

Fairly new to the Leo PTA, as per usual I'm grinding it the hard way by not spending the free EXP asap. Maybe later on I might, but not atm.

playing this tank stock gives me PTSD  flashbacks to my past grinds on Type 61 and M46 Patton w/ the 90mm guns. Thankfully I've got plenty of shekels to afford to carry a healthy amount of APCR

once i do grind out and unlock the upgraded suspension, then i'd consider spending the free EXP on either the 105mm L7A1 gun or the 830hp engine. We shall see.

2 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Fairly new to the Leo PTA, as per usual I'm grinding it the hard way by not spending the free EXP asap. Maybe later on I might, but not atm.

playing this tank stock gives me PTSD  flashbacks to my past grinds on Type 61 and M46 Patton w/ the 90mm guns. Thankfully I've got plenty of shekels to afford to carry a healthy amount of APCR

once i do grind out and unlock the upgraded suspension, then i'd consider spending the free EXP on either the 105mm L7A1 gun or the 830hp engine. We shall see.

It's one of the tanks that noticeably improves with each upgrade. From memory quite a few of the soft stats were linked into the turret and tracks so everything felt nicer with all that stuff. Oh and did i mention the gun...

Should probably note my above post re the 8 lights translates to the current 9 lights. Comment still stands too, but probably even more so. While the pen isn't quite as much of a step up (but it's still about 50mm higher), you now get a far far far far more accurate gun to boot.

3 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

flashbacks to my past grinds on Type 61

My grind was pretty easy with the 90mm on that. It has the meme over 3k DPM. 

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

you now get a far far far far more accurate gun to boot.

you sure enjoy your WZ-132a

30 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

you sure enjoy your WZ-132a

Fuck you wargaming. Fuck the release of the light tanks. And fuck the release of this tank.

The gun is everything. Stock turret costs you some view range, which is tolerable until you get the top turret. Anything other than top gun is not tolerable

39% Win Rate so far. Recent battles I average between 200 & 400 damage. Because the stock gun can be HORRIBLY innacurate, snapshotting or fully aimed.
What should in theory be a sniper's dream, with excellent on paper accuracy & DPM, is just complete dog shit.

Not to mention that tonight I've been blapped twice by O-Hos, HTs 1 tier lower that I simply cannot pen unless flanking them.

Having a 6-loss streak also doesn't help either, especially when placed 90% of the time in tier 10 games, with 0-10 teams.

P.S.: Let's not even mention all the games so far with zero damage done because first shot blows your ammorack.
Yeah, definitely COMPLETELY REGRET selling the Indien Panzer.

l.e.: 1300 average dpg, to be more exact. OK, so I had some battles until I could unlock the top engine, for some much needed mobility

l.l.e.: really don't understand why it sucks so hard using the 90mm gun. Same caliber gun on the Type 61 can add a lot of flavor (granted, even MOAR DPM) but IIRC that thing has even worse soft stats and bad habit of shells going all over the place