graukatze

Arty confirmed dead?

9.6 arty changes  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Since 9.6 my accuracy in SPGs has dropped....

• not at all.
    • not enough.
    • somewhat, but not enough to stop playing arty.
    • significantly.
    • to a point where I no longer play arty.

Hi!

We are having some heated discussions within the clan as to which degree the accuracy changes have nerfed SPGs. Looking at my stats from vbaddict, accuracy and damage went down somewhat, but it's a short interval so I can't tell. Spamming gold rounds ameliorates the reduced damage, but losing 60k per game is insane.

Among the arty players, what is your current experience when clicking?

You flame too hard and too loud, you need to be more discreet.

True but I'm like Gordon Ramsay so it's hard.

From purely test server experiences, I played the 261 and didn't really notice anything that I hadn't seen in previous patches post 8.6. Perhaps for less accurate arty the change was more noticeable, but I can't say either way.

From what I've experienced and heard from my clan-mates, this accuracy nerf has affected the tanks far more than it has even touched artillery, and the reasoning behind that can easily be explained: because artillery is so much more massively dependent on the moronic RNG in World of Tanks, nerfing the accuracy of everyone really doesn't affect artillery since they're still so heavily affected by RNG. Generally speaking, the more accurate your vehicle is, the less likely it is at the mercy of RNG when it comes to hitting your targets. Just to give a good analogy of what I'm talking about, take three separate people: a homeless person has only ten dollars, a poor person has about a thousand, and a rich person has millions. Now imagine you gave each one of them twenty dollars. The homeless person clearly would notice and probably be happy, the poor person probably would notice and be satisfied, and the rich person probably wouldn't give a shit. Now flip that situation around. Imagine that you took twenty dollars from each; the homeless person would absolutely notice and would be extremely unhappy, the poor person would probably notice but not throw as much of a hissy-fit, and the rich person, again, wouldn't give a shit. The analogy completes here: artillery is simply the rich person in the sense that it is rich in RNG. Give it some more and it probably just won't give a shit.