Patient0

So how exactly is this fair?

ChOHIUd.jpgcJqurZ9.jpg2qtSRzw.jpg6IhouKx.jpgStvSwNW.jpg

TL:DR Light tanks become ghost snipers.

Pretty sure most tanks can't even elevate that high. Light tanks shooting onto tank roofs seems to be a little broken. I know this is just for testing, but you can't really logically predict what WG does. Just imagine a batchat hanging off a cliff and dumping an entire clip on you. I can't even. Large meta change incoming.

So on certain maps, light tanks get to farm heavy tanks for days?

Discuss

Well it would certainly help you with your WN8. 

It's not even the final version too so I wouldn't even judge it right now. They've said that this is just an initial test, seen by the pretty lackluster lineup of tanks and maps they have right now. It's certain to change, and yes I wouldn't want light tanks being able to go up on mountain peaks either. 

Check out mountain pass - South Spawn....I had some fun there. 

Man was it annoying when they killed the ability of light tanks to climb to the towers.  It wasn't even OP up there.  You just got to divide some attention and get some more spots

The elc is an extreme example though, IIRC it has the highest hp/t ratio in the game, so wouldn't basing the clif climbing ability of the other light tanks off of the elc's performance be a little overreacting? Besides, if this becomes a game-breaking issue such spots will be made inaccessible.

"- it’s not yet clear, how the situation with new physics where tanks are able to climb to insane places will be solved, but some zones will have to be inaccessible" quote from for the retards.

Think about how fast TDs can U turn and derp you now

lol

Wouldn't that much torque on the tracks break them or detrack the tanks at least?

Wouldn't that much torque on the tracks break them or detrack the tanks at least?

They increased endurance of tracks on test server

WG said the will nerf the areas that turn out to be OP immediately

Yeah. And I am Santa Claus.

Just think about how long they take to fix imbalances on existing maps.

That has been confirmed as an unintentional side effect. It shouldn't be that slow. Same goes for 50 100 I think.

I really hope they make it so that it does fly 500 feet forwards whenever you're trying to get shots off around corners. This was also an annoying side effect.

I'm a really big medium player and I don't own any tier 10 heavies since I prefer mobility over armor. Snipers/Campers and arty will have major advantages since there is now momentum and you can't stop immediatley or change directions.

If WG cares (thats the question here) they can ``fix`` all maps in 1 hour work, make water deepers / steeper so island stay island, and add a bunch of invisible walls so spots which nobody should reach, stay unreachable.

But WG beiing WG, invisible walls is ``unrealistic`` so they will add stones to get the same effect, except it will take them a year to do that...

ps: and those idiot spots add nothing useless to the game, only lame-ness, dumb scout hiding so nobody can shoot / find them, people trying to snipe from there, ruining both teams game (they do nothing, enemy cant do nothing) etc etc etc, all in all it would be very stupid from WG to leave it in....

simple said: any place on any map should be accesible by almost any tank

Tell me, have you ever played on the map "Cliff?"

(I'm about to see if I can embed a youtube vid on mobile - bear with me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2WqZYwdbQYM

edit: Success on the first try?! wat

I really hope they make it so that it does fly 500 feet forwards whenever you're trying to get shots off around corners. This was also an annoying side effect.

I'm a really big medium player and I don't own any tier 10 heavies since I prefer mobility over armor. Snipers/Campers and arty will have major advantages since there is now momentum and you can't stop immediatley or change directions.

It's a tank, not a sports car, it shouldn't be able to stop or change directions instantly at some ridiculous speed. Tracked vehicles that weigh several tons shouldn't handle like sports cars and racing 4 wheelers that weigh a ton or less. There are serious limits to what tracks will withstand, and how much traction they actually have. There's also that pesky "inertia" part of physics. And hanging off of cliffs while firing is a real joke. The recoil of the gun will exert enough force to overcome the traction of the tracks, especially on rocks, not to mention the fact that hills steep enough to barely hold grass will certainly not offer enough available traction to hold a 5 or 10 ton vehicle on a 60 degree incline while it fires a cannon.

Yeah, sure, there are all sorts of testing videos of light tanks doing all sorts of wild things. They are just that, tests, not what could actually be done in combat. Those are vehicles with trick engines and transmissions, and reduced weight. They also don't have to worry about being stuck in a hostile zone with an irretrievably broken vehicle. Those vehicles are set up to get the military to invest in the concept, whether or not it is a viable concept. They're like car or truck commercials. Just as imaginary as a $50K street car running around the track keeping up with real race cars, or a $50K pick up truck out on the street pulling incredible loads. Sure it will do it. Once, under very special conditions, with all sorts of modifications. For about 2 minutes. Then you'll have to rebuild it from the ground up.

It's a tank, not a sports car, it shouldn't be able to stop or change directions instantly at some ridiculous speed. Tracked vehicles that weigh several tons shouldn't handle like sports cars and racing 4 wheelers that weigh a ton or less. There are serious limits to what tracks will withstand, and how much traction they actually have. There's also that pesky "inertia" part of physics. And hanging off of cliffs while firing is a real joke. The recoil of the gun will exert enough force to overcome the traction of the tracks, especially on rocks, not to mention the fact that hills steep enough to barely hold grass will certainly not offer enough available traction to hold a 5 or 10 ton vehicle on a 60 degree incline while it fires a cannon.

Yeah, sure, there are all sorts of testing videos of light tanks doing all sorts of wild things. They are just that, tests, not what could actually be done in combat. Those are vehicles with trick engines and transmissions, and reduced weight. They also don't have to worry about being stuck in a hostile zone with an irretrievably broken vehicle. Those vehicles are set up to get the military to invest in the concept, whether or not it is a viable concept. They're like car or truck commercials. Just as imaginary as a $50K street car running around the track keeping up with real race cars, or a $50K pick up truck out on the street pulling incredible loads. Sure it will do it. Once, under very special conditions, with all sorts of modifications. For about 2 minutes. Then you'll have to rebuild it from the ground up.

Most tracked vehicles have very good brakes though, so do tanks, atleast what i have seen on videos (in case of tanks) 

So WG giving tanks mega super ultra good brakes is not that unrealistic, and it greatly improves the playability of wot (modern tanks <> ww2 tank, but wot is arcade and should stay arcade (atleast game mechanic wise)

On paved surface:

On snow / ice:

(not tank though)

No doubt they have good brakes, most vehicles that weigh a lot do. However, you're showing an Abrams, while we're dealing with what are supposed to be tanks no more modern design wise than 1959. Massive difference.

There's nothing wrong with arcade style play. Within reason. However, when you screw around with the- laws of physics, you start screwing up balance a great deal. And WG is great at screwing up balance, they do that better than anything else they do. The massive swings in the meta are a perfect example. Hovercraft light tanks in places they probably couldn't go, doing things they probably can't do, is another huge meta swing.