Patient0

So how exactly is this fair?

I agree. Within reason. I'm not sure the big meta swings are.

Are you implying arty nerf meta swing should have been more gradual? :c

No doubt they have good brakes, most vehicles that weigh a lot do. However, you're showing an Abrams, while we're dealing with what are supposed to be tanks no more modern design wise than 1959. Massive difference.

There's nothing wrong with arcade style play. Within reason. However, when you screw around with the- laws of physics, you start screwing up balance a great deal. And WG is great at screwing up balance, they do that better than anything else they do. The massive swings in the meta are a perfect example. Hovercraft light tanks in places they probably couldn't go, doing things they probably can't do, is another huge meta swing.

You'd be surprised at how well a Sherman can come to a halt then.

I never really understood this obsession with "feeling" the tank. You dont need to feel it. You are here to shoot stuff, not have a stroll around the map "feeling" the tank. When the driving part starts to interfere with the shooting part and the overall game experience you know something is wrong.

They should leave inertia out completely and make the handbrake minimal in effect. There is nothing wrong with the Go-Cart handling. Most people like it (of those that i know). Its fun. Having to fight your tank as well (in terms of handling and such) is not fun. All they had to do was to add more contact points on the tracks and make sure tanks do not get stuck on very small objects.

Overall, unimpressed by the test. Uneager for more, not very happy as well. As im here for shooting amd not drifting, its going to suck for me, and im sure im not the only one.

Not really. Seen them several times.

Try it on grass/dirt and it won't skid as badly. Driving it on concrete is akin to ice skating with the E8, but once it hits moderately soft ground it becomes very responsive.

I was more impressed with that turret traverse speed. Wow!

Then you also like this video i think :P

T-34 vs T90, while T-90 is obvious better, the T-34 keeps up fairly good in some instances (like turret turning speed (at 16 minutes), or climbing a very steep hill (12 minutes))

The vid also shows how big the T-34 is (or how small the T-90 is) + seeing suchs old tank still run so well after 70 years is also fairly impressive

I never really understood this obsession with "feeling" the tank. You dont need to feel it. You are here to shoot stuff, not have a stroll around the map "feeling" the tank. When the driving part starts to interfere with the shooting part and the overall game experience you know something is wrong.

Yeah, I mean why do I have to worry about gun depression, I should just be able to shoot tanks!

There is a continuum of gameplay all the way from pure 100% realism to completely arcade with no basis in reality.  Every player has their own comfort zone, so it is a matter of finding the right place that fits where the game wants to be.  For the players it is deciding whether they are ok with that.

Some things are obvious; getting stuck on a doorstep is ridiculous.  I had a crushed car chassis bring my full speed kv5 to a screeching halt yesterday; I don't think there is anyone that thinks that behavior is good.  I think a large set of players (possibly majority), want the tanks to behave in a way that is similar to reality and that's why these discussions happen.

But everyone has different thoughts about "similar to reality" for most people it would be enough if you wouldn't get stuck on certain points etc. They don't need all this sliding and handbrake stuff.

Then you also like this video i think :P

T-34 vs T90, while T-90 is obvious better, the T-34 keeps up fairly good in some instances (like turret turning speed (at 16 minutes), or climbing a very steep hill (12 minutes))

The vid also shows how big the T-34 is (or how small the T-90 is) + seeing suchs old tank still run so well after 70 years is also fairly impressive

I agree. I didnt think a T34 would be that big when compared to a T90 either! 

Also that T34 would have had a restoration, aka every component returned to brand new condition.

Of course WG fucked it up, its WG

Also that T34 would have had a restoration, aka every component returned to brand new condition.

Of course WG fucked it up, its WG

not entirely sure, old diesel engines will keep running like forever (even after not running for years), its all very crude and ``unpolished``, proper maintence and a good long term storage (+ new filters and good fuel) should do wonders

ps: i think those old russian tanks are more ``original`` (and in better running quality) as most surviving german tanks, pure because of ``simplicity``

OT: the more vid about this physics i see, the more i fear it will end up beiing sh**...

How the hell you reached there . Can you tell the way also .?

Physics test on the test server. I did it too, the 13 90 can get up there as well.

Honestly, I don't see it being a bad thing. It will certainly skullfuck quite a few maps off the bat, but they will be redone to compensate, just like they were when physics first came out. All in all, it's a move in the right direction. All of us will suffer stat-wise as a result in the beginning, just like the last time, but the game overall is improved, and I'm all for it. The best of the players will rise to the top again.

I'm looking forward to people actually being glad to have a Löwe in their midst. After all, every Flakpanzer Löwe buff is a good buff, even if it's just a totally unintended side-effect :verysmug:

8WHXS1j.jpg