Luna

Old School Runescape is now free

http://oldschool.runescape.com/

For those of us who spent hours and hours sinking time into this wonderful game, and then (at least I) was very sad to see it progress past the point of a simple, small browser game into a fullscreen mess. Old accounts do not carry over as far as I see, so you have to start from scratch. 

Very good timesink though, fun to just leave it open while in game (either after youre dead, or during arty reloads).

For those who haven't experienced it, I highly recommend at least trying it out. It is slow and grindy, but takes almost no mental effort to play.

I've got loads of cash on the new game (in which you can pay for membership with in-game coins), so if you still have an old account with huge skills, it's possible to get free membership (you get it on both oldschool and the new version). The newer game is way easier to skill and get cash on, but still, it is a huge waste of time if you have things like a life ;)

pm me to trade rsgold for WoTgold huehue

My 8 year old self remembers
was the first legit online multiplayer game i played

Yeah, I was around 10 and had no clue about english, never experienced that kind of magic again 

Define oldschool. Before wilderness' first removal?

E:
Or is it just the looks that change?

Edit:

Oh, I thought wildy was removed earlier than 2k7. My bad. If it's the all old RS: awesome.

It's "oldschool" because its pre complete overhaul or RS 2.0.

Don't see what's so bad about that...

If it's pre dec2007 with the old wildy and all that then it's great. My nick is "xen3stronk5u", playing F2P only.

I remember buying Addy platelegs with gold trim and thinking i was a total badass lol I would go back and play it but it just takes soo much time

Damn. Lots of nostalgia for this shit. I was so bad at this game on my first like... 3~ characters, I didn't understand shit. That feel when I got my first mil. That feel when I got my first Dragon armor piece. That feel when I got my first god staff. o7 RS nevr5gety ;-;

It doesn't really require that much time. Simply stick with F2P, make a pure, hit wildy as soon as you've got the essentials. Easy.

Runescape brings me back, that and EvE online were my first "real" games on the PC. I've spent countless of hours into both of those games and I'll probably go take a look again.

Ugh runescape.. people still play that? in 2015?

I for one appreciate the simplicity and nostalgia of it.

The original Starcraft games are still very popular, even though they have been out for almost 20 years.

What's up with all the santas, party hats and hmasks? I am seeing more of those right now than 5 years ago.

uh logged on to 3.0 and apparently I cant use basically any of my good weapons and armor anymore because im not high enough level for dem....

oh and Jagex is threatening to sue me for "selling my account" kappa 

anyone got some monis for me? I need to wait 24h to use the grand exchange to sell my cowhides -_-

O well. I had to call it a day since I cannot buy anything and playing like that is totally retarded

"Hours and hours" is a gross understatement of how much I played that game.

I calculated it out and it's around 300-350 hours from 92-99 for magic or one of the holy trinity of A/S/D using the most efficient (money AND time combined) methods.

That means it's at least double that to get any of those skills from 1-99. At a baseline.

My att, def, and magic are all 99. That's not even counting the time questing, tradeskilling, teaching newbies, doing skill-inefficient activities (clan wars and castle wars, barrows and treasure hunting), and simply sitting around in bank talking.

I'm in no hurry to start from scratch, nor did I really PvP except for the occasional Castle Wars. RS Classic is a fun game, for sure, but I've neither need nor desire to relive those fond memories.