RaidenSears

FV215B, the fire extinguisher eater?

So I recently got this tank, felt pretty good for the first couple of games because I played it a lot on test server and knew how it works

but I am realizing something here......I get lit on fire about twice every three games? and double fire is like 50% of the reason of death?

I know that I am aggressive player, but really wtf is going on with the module of this tank --> fire, double fire, ammorack (not usual for frontal hits but arty will knock it out frequently), driver (shouldn't the driver get more protection because there's a god damned engine in front of it?).....etc....

oh, and track....

track + full damage is how this tank goes....

anyone with any suggestions? (btw I am glad I have 200 auto extinguishers in stock to support me to play 250 games in this thing...

I would guesstimate that I have burned between 5-10 times in my 422 battles so far.
I do run fire extinguisher, but I have often thought about using a med kit instead, as I am now using tea and biscuits over med kit.

You are probably overexposing yourself too often, and/or showing your sides due to lack of situational awareness, as it's nearly impossible to be set on fire from the front.

215b doesn't have trouble with fires if you mainly play it as a second line fire support tank, and if you yolo like me, then it shouldn't be a problem either, assuming you know how to keep your lower plate hidden and cover your sides.

I would guesstimate that I have burned between 5-10 times in my 422 battles so far.

I do run fire extinguisher, but I have often thought about using a med kit instead, as I am now using tea and biscuits over med kit.

You are probably overexposing yourself too often, and/or showing your sides due to lack of situational awareness, as it's nearly impossible to be set on fire from the front.

215b doesn't have trouble with fires if you mainly play it as a second line fire support tank, and if you yolo like me, then it shouldn't be a problem either, assuming you know how to keep your lower plate hidden and cover your sides.

Its really surprising that you didnt burn much....

maybe I just have to sit in the grass.....

It burns lot. Use automatic fire extinquisher and driver skill. Typically arty hits on front hull cause fires as engine (and maybe fuel tank?) are there and vulnerable. Its common problem with rear turret tanks, arty hits from front sector go naturally on engine deck and bad things happen. Also normal penetrating hits from front sector often cause engine fires, gotta just try to stay hull down as upper front plate of hull is pretty strong especially when angled bit