Gashtag

The Unica of days past: the nostalgia thread

A true legend no longer playing is my Sweetheart. Him, Shuko and me were running triple T10 platoons back when one still did that and didn't think about WN8. I think we once put up a win streak of 40+ battles in T10, that stuff is just impossible today. His most memorable quotes are "go scout the forest noob" and "take the hit!".

Littlegentleman was one of the reasons PTS was so awesome back when it was awesome. Really chill platoon mate and famous for the best T10 company tactics ever. "Yeah guys let's all just spread out" :D

Also Agonise as one of the biggest trolls on the EU server. He used to challenge people to 1vs1s with a tomato fake acc and after that trash talking them on the forums. Some careers were ended there...

All these guys were infamous back when Xensation Rainbowdash_ger was to the EU forums what Con_Sequence is now. Glorious times. That's some guys for the really lacking EU list...

Deus, Patron³ is not something to joke about friend. 

If I could think of a good way to add value, I'd consider it. Right now, it would just be me saying "gimme money for no reason."

A true legend no longer playing is my Sweetheart. Him, Shuko and me were running triple T10 platoons back when one still did that and didn't think about WN8. I think we once put up a win streak of 40+ battles in T10, that stuff is just impossible today. His most memorable quotes are "go scout the forest noob" and "take the hit!".

Littlegentleman was one of the reasons PTS was so awesome back when it was awesome. Really chill platoon mate and famous for the best T10 company tactics ever. "Yeah guys let's all just spread out" :D

Also Agonise as one of the biggest trolls on the EU server. He used to challenge people to 1vs1s with a tomato fake acc and after that trash talking them on the forums. Some careers were ended there...

All these guys were infamous back when Xensation Rainbowdash_ger was to the EU forums what Con_Sequence is now. Glorious times. That's some guys for the really lacking EU list...

If you make it a bit wider (too include forum warriors)

Then NikLemos should also be listed ^^, hes afterall the author of the original monthly ``Top 10 clans EU``+ first clan wars super star +9 he made an official video for WG ``how to play t1 cunningham`` (im not kidding, see video below (start @ 4:00)

The topic itself was every month also fun fun fun

- pictures of korean women

- a new formula

- 20 pages of bitching about 322 no clan, HAMI noob, grammar very important

- a mod locking to topic and banning ppl

- a mod closing topic and removing it to garbage can

ps: dammit, all those topics are gone / removed / locked / unfindable

North America:

Legends of days past/Friends of WoTLabs:

• Dingbat (o7, I owe my programming career to you)

I'm honored. Remind me what I did to open up this wonderful career.

I'm honored. Remind me what I did to open up this wonderful career.

I bought all of those books & have been slowly getting through them. Learning a lot of Java at the moment, but I just find it a fun hobby and am in the process of coding a couple of apps which I hope to make a business around. :)

So yeah, without your response I doubt I'd be practising this stuff every day with the level of prosperity I feel towards it now. Thanks for all of that. :D

I bought all of those books & have been slowly getting through them. Learning a lot of Java at the moment, but I just find it a fun hobby and am in the process of coding a couple of apps which I hope to make a business around. :)

So yeah, without your response I doubt I'd be practising this stuff every day with the level of prosperity I feel towards it now. Thanks for all of that. :D

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not Java!

Seriously, my top five language choices are:

1. Python (Great for getting shit done and having fun, by far the best learning language that is actually worth using day-to-day)
  2. Scala (Runs on JVM, supports FP and OO paradigms, superior to Java in just about every way at a slight performance cost)
  3. JavaScript (Gets a lot of hate, mostly from idiots that don't realise it's Scheme with C-style syntax and hence write shit JS code then QQ about it on the web)
  4. Haskell (Great FP lang)
  5. Clojure (LISP that you can actually use in the real-world. Nice)

The top languages to avoid are:

1. Java (Anything you can do in Java, can be done better in Scala and Clojure)
  2. PHP (Do not waste valuable brainspace on this shit. Take my word for it or just read this: http://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/)
  3. C++ (Yes, I know game devs use it but as a language it's rather unpleasant. I feel sorry for the poor bastards that have to work in this because they need the speed of C but also want OO bits)
  4. Visual Basic (If you're going to go M$, just go with C#, IronPython or F#)
  5. Perl (Ugh, this is what happens when a christian linguist makes a language)

Ah, I remember that now. I'm glad that helped. 

Check this out as well. I had another friend (Smitty) who's doing an IT degree to become a sysop. He was struggling with some C coding assignment. I didn't have a C development environment handy, so I fired this up, whipped off some code, and solved his problem in 10 minutes. Not for large projects, obviously, but very handy for quick prototypes.

Much memories reading this list.

AntonioHandsome - oh how we hated and trolled each other so...

BanzaiBonsai - when he came back after a long break and drowned his T29 on Malinovka LOL!

Shackram - most furry NA

NavySnipers - XVM camo king, told me about WoTlab

Belial124 - M103 OP nerf plox

Gigamo - so god damn good and never rages

Mow_Mow - the old guard of beta forum warrior and who I looked up to for improvement

Praetor77 - Math dude that created the means to measure how shitty pubbies are

Valachio - The Asian is strong in this one

Tuco22 - Tuuuucoooo

AnArmyofBun - when she calmmily talked to our teams as I raged in all caps.

Starhoof - so Bronie I don't even

nisae - can't tell if underaged Asian chick or another Kittycat

FaustianQ - T110 thread

XXx_Endo_xXx - LOLOL

Account 279849 and only 8k games played. I'm such a filthy casual.

Actually I took a ~1.5 year break when WoT finally lost enough performance on my old laptop that I couldn't even play at <10 fps

Also, remember when the netcode was so bad that auto-aim led targets for you to compensate for the lag?