Lockhart77

Am at a crossroad...

Halp  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What buy?

• WH40K Space Marines
    • Space Hulk Ascension
    • Darkest Dungeons

Got some disposable income, planning to buy either Darkest Dungeon, Space Hulk Ascension, or WH40k Space Marines. Can only choose one, help plox

Got some disposable income, planning to buy either Darkest Dungeon, Space Hulk Ascension, or WH40k Space Marines. Can only choose one, help plox

Can't go wrong with Darkest Dungeon, heard good stuff about it.

Space Hulk Ascension is kinda meh in my opinion, can't say anything about WH40k because i was never into Warhammer.

One thing you gotta keep in mind about Space Marine is that it has pretty low replay value. After your first campaign you might give it a second go, but after that? Dunno if there is still much of the online multi player community left as it already took quite long to get a match when I last played.

Can't tell much about the others as I haven't played Darkest Dungeon and I never really got into the Space Hulk setting.

Keep in mind Darkest Dungeon isn't finished yet. I stopped playing after 10 hours because I couldn't "beat" the game which killed my drive to play.

So I'd vote for Space Hulk.

Do you like turn based stratgey squad games? Any Chance you own X-COM Enemy Within then? Long War (mod) Beta 15 just got released... its an in depth overhaul to make it way longer harder, better and adjust the feeling away from arcade towards the original. It's a free mod for a 10-20$ game so you might as well take a look (got 100 hours into it and still will be playing 300 more for a Beta 15 playthrough :>)

Darkest Dungeon was a ton of fun for a while, but as Teslarod said it's not finished yet. The design and core gameplay are great and it might grow into a classic game, but at the moment it doesn't have much longevity due to lack of monster variety and the endgame content not being implemented. 

I found Space Marine to be boring even though I'm a big fan of 40K lore. It's just a very generic action game and playing as a space marine isn't enough to make it interesting.

Only played a beta version of Space Hulk. Back then I wasn't impressed, but can't speak for the release version. Might have to give it another go.

Keep in mind Darkest Dungeon isn't finished yet. I stopped playing after 10 hours because I couldn't "beat" the game which killed my drive to play.

So I'd vote for Space Hulk.

Do you like turn based stratgey squad games? Any Chance you own X-COM Enemy Within then? Long War (mod) Beta 15 just got released... its an in depth overhaul to make it way longer harder, better and adjust the feeling away from arcade towards the original. It's a free mod for a 10-20$ game so you might as well take a look (got 100 hours into it and still will be playing 300 more for a Beta 15 playthrough :>)

Well, I do enjoy turn based and strategy games in general, played X-Com, didn't really stick with it though, dunno why, the game kinda makes me feel nauseous for some reason. Honest.

Guess I'll go pick Space Hulk, and wait for some large steam sale for Darkest Dungeon

Was playing 40k until a year ago. Got enough points in Space Marines, Tyranids and Tau to field an Apocalypse size army for each of them.

GW's new policies pretty much forced me to stop playing because the amount of new units that everyone and their mother could field made tournament play too time intense for my tastes.

Well, I do enjoy turn based and strategy games in general, played X-Com, didn't really stick with it though, dunno why, the game kinda makes me feel nauseous for some reason. Honest.

Guess I'll go pick Space Hulk, and wait for some large steam sale for Darkest Dungeon

So you don't like alien goo all over the place? Strange.

Was playing 40k until a year ago. Got enough points in Space Marines, Tyranids and Tau to field an Apocalypse size army for each of them.

GW's new policies pretty much forced me to stop playing because the amount of new units that everyone and their mother could field made tournament play too time intense for my tastes.

So you don't like alien goo all over the place? Strange.

I enjoyed the killing, but unlike other games I have played in my lifetime, playing X com for extended period of time makes me feel nauseous.

(extended period as in, 5~8 hours)

I enjoyed the killing, but unlike other games I have played in my lifetime, playing X com for extended period of time makes me feel nauseous.

(extended period as in, 5~8 hours)

I admit the game (and the mod especially) is keeping you on your toes constantly, I love a good challenge so it wasn't a problem for me.

Its definitely not a game to be played just for fun and takes some serious investment to get good at on Ironman and Impossible difficulty.