Nalok

Road to the E-100..

Hi!

So first post on here.. average player trying to improve my game and looking for some advice on the road to the E-100. I only solopub with occasional platoon play and I reckon it'd be a nice addition for it.

I played the Panther a long time ago with a reasonable outcome, as part of of my 2nd tier 10 grind, the E-50. I figured I'd like to get my hands on an E-100, and can either rebuy the Panther to get to the Tiger II, or go back to tier 5 and grind my way through to get a Tiger I. Is the longer grind worth it for the Tiger and crew experience (I'd have to start with a fresh crew on the Panther)? Or am I better off going the quickest route through the Panther?

Thanks in advance.

-Nalok

You'd have to start a fresh heavy tank crew at T8.

On the Tiger II which is not exactly the best T8 heavy out there. It's a decent tank but playing that thing with a ghetto crew will be tough.

Also the Tiger I is a great machine, possibly a keeper. So I'd say take the HT route, get a decent crew and maybe a nice tier 7 heavy.

Unless you can get girl crew for your Tiger II then maybe the panther route is worth it.

The entire line from Tiger I onwards is great fun. Nothing much to say except angle, aim and fucking shoot ^^ have fun

36.01, Tiger I H, King Tiger, E75, and E100 are all wonderful machines at or above tier .

Nothing but love for the entire line.

Definitelly, but King Tiger is probably weakest for its tier.

If you don't have a German heavy crew, then going back and doing the longer grind to the E100 is probably the preferred option. As others have noted, the whole line is quite fun to play with no absolute stinkers in there (even the tier 5 is a fun little tank to play), and by the time you finish the grind, you'll have a very good crew. I started on that line as my first choice in WoT and with about 50% of my grind to the E100 finished on my E75, my crew it about to finish it's 3rd skill, so a better player like you can probably achieve even more by the time you get to the E100.

I trained my Tiger 1 crew on the VK3001H up to 6th sense... I would not go from the Panther to the Tiger 2 because I don't like playing without 6th sense on tier 8.

Take the longer route, even if you have a girl crew you should consider training them on the heavy line, just because you'll have more skills.

Skipping on the Tiger 1 would be a mistake. Hell the KT is one of my favorite tanks now. The E75 is love made manifest.

If you already have good Tier 7 options, use the panther to switch lines. If you do not, Get the Tiger 1 it's the 2nd if not the best heavy in the tier. 

If you do not, get the Tiger 1 it's the 2nd if not the best heavy in the tier. 

Second best.  Don't forget the almighty T29 ... :)

The line is indeed fun. Just remember that these "heavy" tanks are actually snipers (up to the King Tiger), not brawlers.  So they are second line support tanks.

Do the full grind. Unless you have the ability to limit the tanks you want to keep you will need a lot German crews: I kept Tiger, E-75 and will get the E-100. I am not willing to sell any of these tanks and starting a fresh crew at T8 hurts too much. You want to get the Tiger just so you have a fun crew trainer.

That's why I said 1st or 2nd because the 29 is Stronk. Oddly enough I prefer my Tiger, Frankly Tiger VS. T29 is a question of terrain, T29 wins hull down, (most of the time) Tiger wins everywhere else. (Dat Dpm) you have to remember a good Tiger player is putting 400-500 damage into your T29 for every 250-400 you're shelling out and has more hp and a less troll gun. But again, this is a player preference usually, a competent T29 player shouldn't engage in the open vs a Tiger, much less long range in the open.

I would say IS over tiger too... sorry.

T29 vs tiger also wins peek a boom city fights where the tiger can't do but has to trade shots especially with a bad driver since the T29 can be bouncy.

Pretty unanimous on grinding the line it seems. It's a lot more xp/time/silver but I suppose I can see the crew argument.

And those missions suck so little chance of getting a 2nd girl crew anytime soon tbh..