Solono

Anime Thread 2.0

Clearly all the proclamations of love for Korbo is just for show. Cat ears are cute. That should have been a good enough reason all by itself.

Those are wolf ears, you mother fucker. I love Holo because she is perfect, not because she is some cuttie from cat planet, but because she is perfect. Check your privilages.

Those are wolf ears, you mother fucker. I love Holo because she is perfect, not because she is some cuttie from cat planet, but because she is perfect. Check your privilages.

50lbfa.png

New hotness is in town. Get over it.

In any case, Spice and Wolf left a sour taste my mouth. Kraft was always going to die first and Korbo may very well outlive their children. After Kraft dies, what's Korbo going to do if none of her kind is left? Are their children going to live the rest of their lives as those marked by the devil, always in fear and hiding?

S&W spoilahs

In any case, Spice and Wolf left a sour taste my mouth. Kraft was always going to die first and Korbo may very well outlive their children. After Kraft dies, what's Korbo going to do if none of her kind is left? Are their children going to live the rest of their lives as those marked by the devil, always in fear and hiding?

My spoiler response.

Well, no. Remember, Holo was only ever afraid of being alone, and expresses this to Lawrence when she says she wants children (dont remember which LN, but it was really early on). When Lawrence dies, sure, she'll be sad, but she'll still have her (apparently) immortal children to live for. And remember, they settle down in the North, where the church has little influence, and in a region that respects, even reveres, the gods of old (remember the Mayuri mercenaries?). They'd be fine. Happy ending.

I'm taking a break from anime to watch western stuff, wish me luck.

Lets see how good Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers and Rick & Morty really are....

Because Nippon animation is superior compared to inferior western cartoon

If it weren't for Archer and Gravity falls I'd agree 100% but there is still doubt left in this one.

I don't think I'm the only one who really understands why Shinji doesn't get in the "robot", I mean the whole situation is really understandable.

Someone that agrees with me...

ohee554.jpg

bWxDZm8.jpg

edit: In case anyone can't read the text at the bottom of the page and use Google, the manga is "All You Need is Kill". Personally, I recommend KissManga since they load the entire chapter onto a single page. 

Meanwhile, does anyone else feel uncomfortable without Kraft here recently? I haven't had anyone to judge for the past few pages.

Meanwhile, does anyone else feel uncomfortable without Kraft here recently? I haven't had anyone to judge for the past few pages.

cheesyhoney? The one who dropped Baccano! to watch Highschool DxD ≈ watching paint dry?

He was in San Fran for the WGLNA LAN finals so I assume he'll be back pretty soon. But yea, it feels like it's been kinda quiet.

cheesyhoney? The one who dropped Baccano! to watch Highschool DxD ≈ watching paint dry?

Gave up on him already after he said "No FMA:B" :P

Evangelion: Shinji get in the fucking robot

I just finished the original series yesterday. I've magically managed to avoid spoilers for End of Eva. and I've been told it's quite something. I know Gainax had budget issues for the later half, especially for the last 2 episodes but...2psychology4me. 

He did need to get in the fucking robot though. 

i didn't end up watching highschool DxD, watching strike witches instead

Now that you mention it its been a while since we talked a couple hours on steam... should drink less and watch more anime on weekends - damn RL fucks up all my priorities.

i didn't end up watching highschool DxD, watching strike witches instead

As far as I've seen - what's the difference? Rhetorical question

Try Mawaru Penguindrum instead (thanks Altorax).

I just finished the original series yesterday. I've magically managed to avoid spoilers for End of Eva. and I've been told it's quite something. I know Gainax had budget issues for the later half, especially for the last 2 episodes but...2psychology4me

Totally agreed.

I honestly didn't know what to think after I finished Eva. The character writing and thematic development was really something special but to completely abandon the plot towards the end...just...WHAT?! Fair enough, the director had a breakdown in the middle of the series but still, it felt incredibly jarring to watch the final few episodes and it honestly just threw me off. Sure, the psycho-analysis was impressive and I can see why other people love it but personally, I just couldn't bring myself to like the series as a whole. Let me know what you think of EoE though.

But

strike witches is rlly gud

rFT7gSC.gif?1

Try Mawaru Penguindrum instead (thanks Altorax).

You watched it? :O

My spoiler response.

Well, no. Remember, Holo was only ever afraid of being alone, and expresses this to Lawrence when she says she wants children (dont remember which LN, but it was really early on). When Lawrence dies, sure, she'll be sad, but she'll still have her (apparently) immortal children to live for. And remember, they settle down in the North, where the church has little influence, and in a region that respects, even reveres, the gods of old (remember the Mayuri mercenaries?). They'd be fine. Happy ending.

Am curious about the thing at the north tho, that one thing regarding the bear that tries to eat(?) the moon, wasn't it mentioned that a certain village in the North is destroyed by said being? Could it be that Holo will have to battle the mythological bear? Seeing there's that writer woman whose actually a spirit of a bird or something. Isn't that mean she being in the north doesn't exactly being safe yet?

Y no Futurama??? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Or maybe you already watched it.

There's Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann altho it starts at earth before going to space, haven't watched Yamato so can't say about it.

:^

But

strike witches is rlly gud

I saw one episode and liked it as much as KanColle. I dropped KanColle after 3 episodes...

He did need to get in the fucking robot though. 

You just triggered my autism...time to get everybody and their stuff together. Okay 3,2,1...let's jam

Shinji Ikari is a teenager that goes to Tokyo for probably the first time in his life, visits a payphone and next thing you know, a fucking giant monster thing is fucking everything up. Misato comes along and makes a great escape with him, only to shortly have an N2 mine dropped on the angel's ass.  After surviving that, she decides to bring up his daddy issues (not a good idea when you want this kid that's been traumatized since childhood for you to do shit for you). Alright, he meets up with the asshole extraordinaire himself, Gendo. What does he do? Tell his son that he abandoned since childhood to pilot a giant mech to fight the spooky monster from early. k m8. He refuses for reasons as obvious as, he has no idea WTF is going on and everyone has pretty much been an asshole thus far. Why not take this douchebaggery one step further and guilt trip his bitch ass with Rei? Oh no! Her hips are broke as fuck, she can't even get up on her own, yet they actually do intend to use her to pilot Unit 1 (which likely would have rejected her anyways). SUCCESS! You force this kid into piloting this thing he's had no training let alone experience with. Flood it with magical LCL oxygen liquid just to spook him a bit more, then launch him directly up to the monster. Great, except, he doesn't even know how to move the goddamn thing. What now? He doesn't do anything at all; his father set him up to get fucked. The only reason why he didn't was because the Eva went berserk and fucked the angel by itself.

Despite all of this, Shinji is considered a fucking pussy by almost everyone. I probably missed something or fucked something up during this rant, but I feel like this just had to be said.

Are there any shows that compare to LoGH in scale?  I want more giant space battles.

Yamato 2199 is pretty good*, even if the spaceships are all cgi (I didn't notice when I first watched it, though that could be attributed to how much of an anime noob I am).

And I finished watching Baccano!, would watch again/10.

*I've watched like, 4 different shows, so my opinion may not be valid due to a lack of things to compare to.

I saw one episode and liked it as much as KanColle. I dropped KanColle after 3 episodes...

Hey, at least KanColle has one of the best opening songs this season.

Miiro's now my standard warmup song for playing osu! (which you guys should really play as well if you want to practice mouse mechanics).

You just triggered my autism...time to get everybody and their stuff together. Okay 3,2,1...let's jam

Shinji Ikari is a teenager that goes to Tokyo for probably the first time in his life, visits a payphone and next thing you know, a fucking giant monster thing is fucking everything up. Misato comes along and makes a great escape with him, only to shortly have an N2 mine dropped on the angel's ass.  After surviving that, she decides to bring up his daddy issues (not a good idea when you want this kid that's been traumatized since childhood for you to do shit for you). Alright, he meets up with the asshole extraordinaire himself, Gendo. What does he do? Tell his son that he abandoned since childhood to pilot a giant mech to fight the spooky monster from early. k m8. He refuses for reasons as obvious as, he has no idea WTF is going on and everyone has pretty much been an asshole thus far. Why not take this douchebaggery one step further and guilt trip his bitch ass with Rei? Oh no! Her hips are broke as fuck, she can't even get up on her own, yet they actually do intend to use her to pilot Unit 1 (which likely would have rejected her anyways). SUCCESS! You force this kid into piloting this thing he's had no training let alone experience with. Flood it with magical LCL oxygen liquid just to spook him a bit more, then launch him directly up to the monster. Great, except, he doesn't even know how to move the goddamn thing. What now? He doesn't do anything at all; his father set him up to get fucked. The only reason why he didn't was because the Eva went berserk and fucked the angel by itself.

Despite all of this, Shinji is considered a fucking pussy by almost everyone. I probably missed something or fucked something up during this rant, but I feel like this just had to be said.

Also, Shinji is meant to be a 'pussy', although that maybe isn't the right word here. It's easy to fall into that train of thought when you consider that he's basically the opposite of every normal protagonist in action anime. He's a coward, has no self-confidence and indulges in self-loathing. Of course, when you put yourself into his shoes, it's obvious that his reactions are fairly natural. But this is anime and for the majority of the audience, the protagonist is meant to be a hero they admire and aspire to be: someone that can overcome adversity no matter their situation or background, not some pitiful adolescent kid. Tbh, I even feel like Hideaki went too far with Shinji's character at points - instead of empathizing with him, I was just thinking "stfu with the whining and man the hell up". Peoples' annoyance at Shinji is really only because he's

meant to be an embodiment of humanity's weakness and it's uncomfortable watching him struggle because deep down, it reflects their own insecurities. Feeling lazy tonight so I'm just gonna leave this analysis here.

Hey, at least KanColle has one of the best opening songs this season.

http://youtu.be/8JWQVWegxFs

Miiro's now my standard warmup song for playing osu! (which you guys should really play as well if you want to practice mouse mechanics).

Holy shit, if only the show was as good as that...

So... @Everyone, what to watch next. Any suggestions?

Can you link your MAL/animedb/whatever? Also, what genre?