Solono

Anime Thread 2.0

LotGH?  Maybe?  Too gay? idk, I've never seen it.

iunno its next on my list/ im downloading it as we speak.  I think ima enjoy it tho.

Also does anyone know other cool space sci-fi anime.  Cause when they mention solar sails and lagrange points in space pirates I get a little hard.

Planetes maybe?

Not that many good sci-fi/space related ones around with any amount of hardness to the science.

Fuck this, I'm done.

Woke up, went to browse Reddit and guess what I see? Of all anime, fucking Shinmai Maou no Testament has been confirmed for a second season in October. Meanwhile, it's almost been 6 yrs since the end of S&W S2 and (to a lesser extent) a year since NGNL and still no news whatsoever for a continuation. If Saekano doesn't get a season 2 announced soon, tables will be flipped.

9qQiFLx.gif

Fuck this, I'm done.

Woke up, went to browse Reddit and guess what I see? Of all anime, fucking Shinmai Maou no Testament has been confirmed for a second season in October. Meanwhile, it's almost been 6 yrs since the end of S&W S2 and (to a lesser extent) a year since NGNL and still no news whatsoever for a continuation. If Saekano doesn't get a season 2 announced soon, tables will be flipped.

people like cheesyhoney make the anime industry go zzzz

@Cuni

Watch 1 ep of Death Note, see what you think.

Another one to add to the watched list! 10/10

Tho, actually, I liked it as a manga more... 9/10

Cuni did you watch yuru yuri?  

pic related.  season three announced I was this excited.

KWUvQ0k.png

Some of it, didn't capture me. I'll watch the rest EventuallyTM

Kk after i finish strike witches back to some other (less ecchi) anime.

yuru yuri or nisemonogatari?

I have been continuing baccano, it just feels like a cant binge it like ither anime

Fuck this, I'm done.

Chill the fuck out and carry on with life. Spice and Wolf is never getting another season. The novels are completed and it's been too long since the last season. I wish I'm wrong though.

NGNL is not that great anyway. Good fun for a while but fatigue sets in quickly.

yuru yuri or nisemonogatari?

Yuru Yuri. The books were better for -monogatari.

Another one to add to the watched list! 10/10

Tho, actually, I liked it as a manga more... 9/10

watch the live action movie, I like its ending better (note: it ends at the end of L arc, but they change the story to actually end there)

watch the live action movie, I like its ending better (note: it ends at the end of L arc, but they change the story to actually end there)

Didn't even know that was a thing, I'll have to see it! 8D

Chill the fuck out and carry on with life. Spice and Wolf is never getting another season. The novels are completed and it's been too long since the last season. I wish I'm wrong though.

NGNL is not that great anyway. Good fun for a while but fatigue sets in quickly.

laVwSGk.gif

Leave my dreams alone pls.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing some of you guys having Seitokai Yakuindomo on your watched lists. The new OVA episode is out btw.

Spice and Wolf will never get a third season, and that's the way it should be.

NGNL?  Eh.  Can't say I care about that one.

NGNL?  Eh.  Can't say I care about that one.

One of my friends absolutely adores it while another thinks it's good but are indifferent if it continues. I do really wish it gets a second season, as the premise had so much potential and the execution was spot on. And I got to use my friend's own name as a derogatory term for her kekekek.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/12-1/monster-musume-anime-site-launches-with-visual

Are your assorted genitalia ready?

Also does anyone know other cool space sci-fi anime. Cause when they mention solar sails and lagrange points in space pirates I get a little hard.

Planetes. It's the definitive hard-scifi anime. Nothing else even comes close.

Decided to un-hold bodacious space pirates.  Got damn, I can't get over how much I fucking love the spaceships.  Just wish they didn't keep including high school stuff.  Or at least toned it down a bit.

Also this is one of the handfull of anime where I don't skip the OP and ED.  Others I remember distinctly are mondaiji, and Aldnoah Zero ED (couldn't take the show tho).   

I'm currently downloadering Legend o galactic heroes to finish off a space binge.  Hyped.

I can't wait for WhyNot to finally finish subbing the god damn Bodacious Space Pirates movie blu rays.

God damn it, Quattro.

Also does anyone know other cool space sci-fi anime.  Cause when they mention solar sails and lagrange points in space pirates I get a little hard.

Watch Banner/Crest of the Stars for delicious Lafiel.

Banner of the Stars II is a goddamn masterpiece, by the way.

Fuck this, I'm done.

It's okay.

I'm still sitting here waiting patiently for Tytania to get a second cour, or for the Banner of the Stars IV and V novels to be adapted into anime. Hell, I've been hyped ever since LoGH was announced to get a new adaptation. Instead, I'm meanwhile tiding myself over with trash like...  you guessed it, Shinmai Maou no Testament.

sigh

At least I have Yuri Kuma Arashi for another two weeks or so.

I believe I said that next season is a backlog season, other than the continuations like UBW and Yahari. Perhaps I'll finally power through all of the Aria series in preparation for the new one in Fall.

Fuck this, I'm done.

9qQiFLx.gif

Oh fuck no, god no pls. Just... no.

54KrNMn.gif

(how do you embed gifs? I'm too bad @ forums to get it to work Q.Q)

NGNL has a lot of potential to be awesome, I think the first season was a good showcase for the series without taking itself too seriously. I'm really interested to see if they'll dive into a deeper plot arc with the next season, if there is one. It also has the potential to devolve into a typical deus ex machime. Fingers crossed it won't be the latter.

Thanks! I actually have to use the button for it or it will throw an error anyway. Strange, but got it to work.

Here we go guys. Last episode of Shigatsu. Honestly kinda scared to find out what happens cause this'll either make or break the entire show for me. Will report back asap!

Also, how kawaii is my current avatar?

But he's a guy.

Bigger Better trap than S;G's Rukako lelelel.

EDIT: So. That's it finished.

I genuinely cried. Let me put this into context: my IRL friends call me an emotionless monster when it comes to any sort of media because I don't react physically. I watched Grave of the Fireflies with them a while back and while they broke down into tears, my expression didn't even change the whole way through. I watched Clannad: After Story and only felt my eyelids twinge a little at the ending. But this show...I don't even know. I knew it was coming. I prepared myself for it. But still, I couldn't help myself.

What a finale though. We saw Kaori off in the most emotional, beautiful and elegant way possible. I was honestly so scared that they were going to butcher it but the way they did it was absolutely perfect. Also, here's A-1 being sneaky about the symbolism yet again as we see Kousei and Kaori play their duet while floating on top of the ocean while earlier, Kousei drowns in terror while trying to perform (literally - as he struggles to hear the notes as he plays underwater).

And then there's the confession - the lie, if you will. I dunno about you guys, but I clued in on Kaori's real feelings a long long time ago (perhaps around episode 5 or 6). After you watch enough shows of this genre, you just know I guess. But again, it caught me off guard with how masterfully it was executed. I can't really express why that's the case right now - I don't even want to think about it, let alone analyze it.

Anyway, in my eyes, Shigatsu is the epitome of beauty and elegance. It's amazing how such an incredibly simple story can induce such intense emotions in the audience. The symbolism and extended motifs are obvious but it's not possible to deny their effectiveness. And honestly, hats off to A-1 Pictures because it's incredibly rare to see colors, backgrounds and music used so magnificently. This is my new #1 anime.

I'll rewatch this from start to finish in the next few days so I can begin writing my review/analysis. There's so much more to this show than what meets the eye and I honestly don't think I'd be doing it justice without demonstrating how Shigatsu succeeds on multiple levels. Stay tuned!