Solono

Anime Thread 2.0

Here we go guys. Last episode of Shigatsu. Honestly kinda scared to find out what happens cause this'll either make or break the entire show for me. Will report back asap!

Also, how kawaii is my current avatar?

But he's a guy.

Bigger Better trap than S;G's Rukako lelelel.

Kinda remeber him... no clue from which show though...

In case Hideyoshi is actually male he's still #1 anyway :D 

wow such stronk Thursday shows

This is why Thursday has been my favorite day of the week for the last couple of months. All hail A-1 Pictures Day! Definitely one of my favorite studios now :3

Nothing like Saekano to cheer me up after Shigatsu. For any of you guys that like your D&B, I found this remix of Saekano's ED which I thought was pretty damn good.

I genuinely cried. Let me put this into context: my IRL friends call me an emotionless monster when it comes to any sort of media because I don't react physically. I watched Grave of the Fireflies with them a while back and while they broke down into tears, my expression didn't even change the whole way through. I watched Clannad: After Story and only felt my eyelids twinge a little at the ending. But this show...I don't even know. I knew it was coming. I prepared myself for it. But still, I couldn't help myself.

What a finale though. We saw Kaori off in the most emotional, beautiful and elegant way possible. I was honestly so scared that they were going to butcher it but the way they did it was absolutely perfect. Also, here's A-1 being sneaky about the symbolism yet again as we see Kousei and Kaori play their duet while floating on top of the ocean while earlier, Kousei drowns in terror while trying to perform (literally - as he struggles to hear the notes as he plays underwater).

And then there's the confession - the lie, if you will. I dunno about you guys, but I clued in on Kaori's real feelings a long long time ago (perhaps around episode 5 or 6). After you watch enough shows of this genre, you just know I guess. But again, it caught me off guard with how masterfully it was executed. I can't really express why that's the case right now - I don't even want to think about it, let alone analyze it.

Anyway, in my eyes, Shigatsu is the epitome of beauty and elegance. It's amazing how such an incredibly simple story can induce such intense emotions in the audience. The symbolism and extended motifs are obvious but it's not possible to deny their effectiveness. And honestly, hats off to A-1 Pictures because it's incredibly rare to see colors, backgrounds and music used so magnificently. This is my new #1 anime.

I'll rewatch this from start to finish in the next few days so I can begin writing my review/analysis. There's so much more to this show than what meets the eye and I honestly don't think I'd be doing it justice without demonstrating how Shigatsu succeeds on multiple levels. Stay tuned!

I knew the ending. I read the manga -- hell, I've been posting bits of it week in and week out over the past few weeks.

Still, A-1 did an excellent job adapting the final 2 chapters. I wasn't prepared, and it hit me a lot harder than it did when I actually read manga 44. The power of an emotive OST, for sure.

I can only name two other instances where I cried harder: LoGH ep 82-84 with the death and funeral of Yang Wenli, and episode 10 of Banner of the Stars II, where Lafiel publicly cries for Jinto.

In your Shigatsu analysis, I would like your take on the manga vs the adaptation. Go read it, please!

An appreciator of the Aria series, good...good....

Edit: no wait a sec... that means you haven't watched them yet........

I've seen the first couple of episodes of the first series, but I felt like so little was happening I was ready to drop it.

Hopefully this second try will hook me.

In your Shigatsu analysis, I would like your take on the manga vs the adaptation. Go read it, please!

Being completely honest here, I'm a total amateur when it comes to manga. I've had so little contact with that medium that I wouldn't even know where to begin lol. I'll go read it and give it a shot but inb4 I completely embarrass myself.

Also, BIG NEWS PEOPLE. SUMMER LINEUP IS OUT!

Is it me or does that look like a fairly weak lineup compared to Spring? It also appears that God must be real since after hearing my plea for more NGNL, he gives us this instead:

Chaos Dragon and God Eater hype!

Your idea with watching Shigatsu first and Saenai after came a little late.

Considering I'm at episode 21 of Penguindrum I guess there where a little too many feelz for a single day.

how do you grammar

Se76nVv.gif

Also, that was a grammatically correct question in itself. Maybe do some homework before you try and troll me, kthxbai.

Boys, please. There is no need to act like children, even if you are.

B-b-but...he started it!

:(

Oh yeah, Saekano's confirmed for an hour-long finale next week. Season 2 pls.

>Plans to rate Shigatsu as 8

>Watches finale

>Shit...

EDIT: PLEASE SOMEONE FIND THE FIRST ED WITH THAT PIANO. IT HURTS MY SOUL LIKE BAHAMUT'S OP

Boys, please. There is no need to act like children, even if you are.

pls im 15, it's hard to act like an adult

i have to be legal first

This is why Thursday has been my favorite day of the week for the last couple of months. All hail A-1 Pictures Day! Definitely one of my favorite studios now :3

Nothing like Saekano to cheer me up after Shigatsu. For any of you guys that like your D&B, I found this remix of Saekano's ED which I thought was pretty damn good.

Man that's some smooth DnB. Saekano's character designs are amazing doe

Hai guise I'm an aspiring weeaboo and plateuing wehraboo who found out how much greater anime is than tanks two months ago :>

What's the general consensus on Clannad here? Watching the original atm and its more comedy than tear-inducing in the first ten episodes. How long until the heartbreaking stuff comes?

What's the general consensus on Clannad here? Watching the original atm and its more comedy than tear-inducing in the first ten episodes. How long until the heartbreaking stuff comes?

Yeah, I remember clannad being pretty funny.

Most of the feels come in afterstory iirc

Hai guise I'm an aspiring weeaboo and plateuing wehraboo who found out how much greater anime is than tanks two months ago :>

clannad is a chore you sort of need to get through to get to afterstory, imo. That's why I rarely recommend clannad to aspiring new anime viewers - a lot of them get bored before they get to Afterstory.

On a side note, SUCH STRONK FRIDAY SHOWS

ed248716b6.jpg

Yasss moar weaboos!

28wVSEa.gif

Regarding Clannad, basically mirroring what the other guys have said. First season is pretty much just pure slice of life and only really functions as setup for After Story so it can be pretty tedious to get through at times. I'd agree with Kraft as well - it's probably not an ideal place to start if you're still unfamiliar with the genre given both its length (something close to 50 episodes iirc) and the amount of setup it needs before it really gets going. But since you're pretty much halfway through the first season, I'd say to just tough it out and get to After Story where things actually start to get interesting. If you're into this sort of stuff then I'd recommend checking out anohana and Angel Beats! after Clannad. Also, get MAL. You won't regret it.

On a side note, SUCH STRONK FRIDAY SHOWS

Death Parade though.

Two things stuck out in that episode for me. Firstly, is Chiyuki's judgement complete? After she drinks the laced cocktail, we see Decim carrying her into(?) the elevator. But if that is the case and Decim's decision-making is revealed through flashbacks next episode, what role does Chiyuki's memory mosaic have to play? Secondly, Mayu's ultimatum. From my interpretation, Harada's soul was already bound for the void but the real question is Ginti's motivation for giving her that "choice". Is it simply because he's a sadist and wanted to trick her into revealing the "darkness within her soul" or was it because he was testing her love for Harada and giving her the choice of being with him in their descent to the void? #mindgames

Lol'd when Ginti showed her the guy who was supposedly Harada's replacement and it turned out to be Yagami Light.

And for the news roundup: