Solono

Anime Thread 2.0

So uh, I'm at KawaiiKon, and about an hour ago I took a pic with Eir Aoi.

I'm at my hotel, but when I fly back home on Tuesday I'll have more to say and pics to post -- I'm on my phone at the moment.

Also, I didn't like Aldnoah's ending at all. Hoping Ikuhara will pull through on Monday.

Carry on.

So uh, I'm at KawaiiKon, and about an hour ago I took a pic with Eir Aoi.

I'm at my hotel, but when I fly back home on Tuesday I'll have more to say and pics to post -- I'm on my phone at the moment.

Damn that's awesome. Aoi Eir's music is pretty damn good (Sirius - KLK, Memoria - F/Z are the ones that immediately jump to mind) so you're a lucky guy! :O

Looking forward to pics of everything else as well.

Btw @knobby, I've just noticed we have 88% MAL compatibility. How the hell is that so high?

I'd normally go with Utaha... 

Saekano_EP_0_Screengrab_12.jpg

330aeba39c3b56ed1ae22e4181d6e81314225578

Saekano_EP_2_Screengrab_2.jpg

tumblr_njdgoqJvdE1u3ht9io1_1280.png

saenako.png

....bit this time any other option besides #ontruekato is just blasphemy.

How does one check for MAL compatibility? 

Btw @knobby, I've just noticed we have 88% MAL compatibility. How the hell is that so high?

cuz Knobby is gud@animu and so are you :P

82.1% with Knobby

82.9% with Cheesy though, Fuck my life....I don't even know how this could possibly happen....

/edit just found a Manga called Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome by chance.

Anyone craving for an Utaha ending might like to check on that according to the Synopsis.

82.1% with Knobby

82.9% with Cheesy though, Fuck my life....I don't even know how this could possibly happen....

/edit just found a Manga called Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome by chance.

Anyone craving for an Utaha ending might like to check on that according to the Synopsis.

o7o7

and expect it to go up

I see quite a few of your animus on my plan to watch list

Sports anime are incredibly good, its just that nobody seems to watch them. If anyone likes European Football (don't you dare to call it soccer) go watch Giant Killing.

Still planning to watch Hajime no Ippo one day.... a man can dream to have this much free time at hand.

like reading through these and saw your comment about not calling it soccer. The U.S did get that term from the Brits so blame them for our nation calling it soccer. I do call it Euro football as well even the pro US brand. 

more on topic to the whole anime thing, any recommended one's that are along the Bleach Naruto style, i do like the combat and such.

thanks

Because we both have great taste >:3

I need to get Knobby watching old anime.... or else R.I.P me.

Hey - I did watch GitS - that's like, 1 older anime.  *-*

So I just binge watched all of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso today. Thank God I have no feels or else I might have to go kill myself. The world is so cruel !!! I didn't like how it started. But, by the end... It was a really good coming of age story.

16453/10

I guess R.I.P you then... huehuehue (as Silen and I steer him towards thing we want him to watch)

*curses*

Because we both have great taste >:3

Hey - I did watch GitS - that's like, 1 older anime.  *-*

Its a start, we will see *laughs maniacally* 

like reading through these and saw your comment about not calling it soccer. The U.S did get that term from the Brits so blame them for our nation calling it soccer. I do call it Euro football as well even the pro US brand. 

more on topic to the whole anime thing, any recommended one's that are along the Bleach Naruto style, i do like the combat and such.

thanks

Full Metal Alchemist and Brotherhood, HunterXHunter, Soul Eater, World Trigger and honourable mention: Gintama

So I have't watched the most recent/last episode of Tokyo Ghoul, Shigatsu and Aldnoah yet...

I'm gonna be so mad about the shit that happens so please no bully when I get back.

Speaking of older anime, how come a ton of you guys have seen Katanagatari but hardly anyone's seen Samurai Champloo? It's a classic... >_>

And I dunno about Soul Eater. I found it incredibly bland and dropped it (well, put it on hold) after 36 episodes. That was about 8 months ago and I still haven't found the motivation to go back and finish it. There's also something about Omigawa Chiaki's voice (Maka's VA) that just grinds on my ears. Every time she talks I just wish she would stfu to be completely honest.

do you guys actually consider 2005 classic already?

Dunno what the other guys think but 10 yrs is quite a long time in terms of anime imo. Especially when you consider technological advances in animation and such, stuff from '05 and before can appear pretty dated.

Speaking of older anime, how come a ton of you guys have seen Katanagatari but hardly anyone's seen Samurai Champloo? It's a classic... >_>

And I dunno about Soul Eater. I found it incredibly bland and dropped it (well, put it on hold) after 36 episodes. That was about 8 months ago and I still haven't found the motivation to go back and finish it. There's also something about Omigawa Chiaki's voice (Maka's VA) that just grinds on my ears. Every time she talks I just wish she would stfu to be completely honest.

I have, probably forgot to add it because it was a while ago (and I have to say its damn good and nothing like Katanagatari if be put Katana aside).

Samurai Champloo a classic? Don't be rude the're still young ^^

Fuckin hate excalibur and its infuriating that he makes me laugh anyway. The Shinigami, Stein and Kid carry the whole damn show anyway and the manga was miles better (which reminds me I still have to finish it...). Nonetheless its Shonen and its good at what Shonen is supposed to deliver.

/edit: just tried to find the pyramid scene.... Jesus Christ, DO NOT TRY TO WATCH SOULEATER DUBBED. 

Also I finished Aldnoah....

what the fuck man. Really? It was just getting better and then this POS... what kind of degenerate thinks it is okay to deliver an ending this unsatisfactory?

MFW I realize 2005 was 10 years ago

Something like this?

fzSKdI8.gif

/r/anime supplies me with all the K-On gifs I could ever need, huehue.

I have, probably forgot to add it because it was a while ago (and I have to say its damn good and nothing like Katanagatari if be put Katana aside).

Samurai Champloo a classic? Don't be rude the're still young ^^

Let me reiterate, Samurai Champloo is a timeless classic cause it's so goddamn awesome and everyone should watch it. But yeah, I know what you mean :P

I love its soundtrack as well, easily one of my favorites of all time cuz Nujabes.

Need to rewatch it actually, it's been way too long...

89.8% with Knobby :3

64.9% with cheesy... phew!

61.4% with Clicker... I think Knobby just likes everything... That and anyone who rates Nobunaga the Fool as a 6 is a fool themselves hue

I miss binging, time to take a 2 week vacation and do this stuff again.

The theme will be retro and classics. I'm open for suggestions MAL for reference: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Teslarod

TTGL, Kaiba, Gunbuster&Diebuster here I come :>

which reminds me... I still have a fetish for Heels since Birdy the Mighty. For anyone with just a hint of too much time or curiosity - go watch it. 

Kraft - hands on the heart. If you would watch that show today would you still like it? The rating scares me a bit....