Solono

Anime Thread 2.0

Im bored with baccano what else to watch

Hm since its you I'd say try Full Metal Panic. 

Genuinely quite impressed with this week's Saekano.

They really threw a curveball at us with

this make-up scene. Confession trollbaits are goddamn next level. With all the tropes and self-awareness getting thrown around, I was really just expecting a half-assed scene like what you'd see in a dating sim (baited), especially considering that all we've really seen of Eriri's character so far is that of a naive tsundere. So yeah, I was genuinely quite surprised (in a very good way) that it turned out the way it did. It seems that after all the jokes it throws around, Saekano still hasn't forgotten its basic premise of being a romance and the execution of that scene was pretty much top-notch. No beating around the bush, no bullshit emotional apologies - just a very realistic and powerful scene where two characters scream their insecurities at each other to the point where they can understand each other. I also like the nice little touch where Utaha starts bashing harem MCs for being wimpy and indecisive early on in the episode and then we get to see Tomoya grow a pair and prove he's not just your typical one-dimensional male lead.

Also, Gintoki and Shinichi, is that you?

Off to watch Shigatsu (and grabbing some a box of tissues).

I think i'll watch highschool DxD :^)

Cmon at least watch one of the more fun bullshit anime....

suit yourself - this conversation is over :^)

I think he means the guy from Galactic Heroes.

Then its confirmed, Japanese like to randomly use german words or names in any combination. Its disturbing at times but mostly delightful.

Except for Hiroyuki Sawano... badly pronounced German killed Kill la Kill and Aldnoah Zero's soundtrack which is a shame because both are quite enjoyable.

Still my favourite

Nothing yells batshitcrazy like nui :D

the ones with lyrics makes me cringe... Blumenkranz especially which also happens to be German.

/edit: I'm going to say something that I didn't expect in the slightest to ever happen.

Saenai is exactly as genuinely great as Sakuraso. 

I'm probably a minority on this, but for me, I have found that I enjoyed Saekano more than Shigatsu. I am NOT saying it's better, it's just the problem that I have with anything with 13+ episodes, I expect more every time I come back; probably not good for enjoying things.

Nothing yells batshitcrazy like nui :D

the ones with lyrics makes me cringe... Blumenkranz especially which also happens to be German.

Admittedly, I loved the part when Nui was dismembered, the screaming that ensued was some of the best I've heard. 

The German here is about as bad as the English in this:

The German in LoGH isn't too bad, except for the crowd chants of "Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!" that end up being "Sieg Kaisel Leinhald!"

C'mon Japan, get your pronunciation together.

So, Wotlabs, why haven't you dropped everything to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet?

My massive pet peeve is when they botch some written English then paste it all over the screen. Like, I want to contact the animation studios and offer them my writing services for free just so I won't have to look at it.

I'm not going to let it go Kraft, and since we're on the topic of music...

Here, have some more. Reckon he'll cave in if we keep peer-pressuring him?  :D

I'm going to say something that I didn't expect in the slightest to ever happen.

Saenai is exactly as genuinely great as Sakuraso. 

Saekano easily has the potential to surpass Sakurasou if its second season (hope to god it'll be confirmed soon) is handled as well as this week's episode.

So, Wotlabs, why haven't you dropped everything to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet?

Its length is a bit of an issue for me. It's hard to find the motivation to sit down and watch 100+ episodes. Add in the fact that space sci-fi isn't really my kind of thing and that the animation will be rather poor due to its age and then you'll get me constantly procrastinating and delaying it. It's without a doubt a timeless classic but there's other shows I want to get through first.

Anyone still watching Tokyo ghoul? Because I'm personally enjoying this show the most this season. Not because it's the best this season, nor the animation(Fucking Pierrot), but because I just love the universe and the music just hits home on the bleak world in which both sides must live in.

Also I would watch LotGH if it wasn't for:

A) Having other things that I plan to watch

B) Because I already planned to watch it with a friend

C) The friend is a little bitch and always postpones it and whines when I go ahead of him.

D) He bribes me with sushi to watch it with him. ( - v -;) He knows me too well...

Here, have some more. Reckon he'll cave in if we keep peer-pressuring him?  :D

Saekano easily has the potential to surpass Sakurasou if its second season (hope to god it'll be confirmed soon) is handled as well as this week's episode.

Its length is a bit of an issue for me. It's hard to find the motivation to sit down and watch 100+ episodes. Add in the fact that space sci-fi isn't really my kind of thing and that the animation will be rather poor due to its age and then you'll get me constantly procrastinating and delaying it. It's without a doubt a timeless classic but there's other shows I want to get through first.

The animation's never bad, the style is simply different. Since there is little hand-to-had combat or fast, erratic movement, the animation is never a problem.

So I'm a day late, but Shigatsu 21 aired yesterday. Next Thursday can't come fast enough.

9hsl8Ry.jpg

jP7sCZ2.jpg

f0t0lv4.jpg

4D0OfQo.jpg

Because I've already seen it.

I still need to watch the Gaidens, though.

Seems I'm late to the party. Glad to see more people watching Haikyuu!! Looking forward to season 2 this year (summer?). 

Hey Kraft, here's some more WA2, motherfucker. 

Edit: This comes from the Good Setsuna ending (Setsuna True).

Magical, isn't it? Start off with Touma's piano, throw in Harudouche's guitar after a bit, then top it off with Setsuna's singing. How 'bout you go finish it like you should, don't make me use this...

QEqmL8s.gif

Hey Kraft, here's some more WA2, motherfucker. 

Edit: This comes from the Good Setsuna ending (Setsuna True).

Magical, isn't it? Start off with Touma's piano, throw in Harudouche's guitar after a bit, then top it off with Setsuna's singing. How 'bout you go finish it like you should, don't make me use this...

QEqmL8s.gif

Yep, time to man up.

phHLTuQ.gif

Only 9 more episodes until I finish Kingdom. When I consider it's taken me the best part of 3 days to finish this 38 episode series, I'm even more reluctant to start LotGH now. It's kinda worrying me how I'm losing the focus to see long shows through to the end. Need a break before I even attempt to start Kingdom 2 so it's time to ask you folks for recommendations again!

Out of Nana, Lovely Complex, Kimi ni Todoke and ef: Memories, which should I pick first?

Yep, time to man up.

phHLTuQ.gif

Only 9 more episodes until I finish Kingdom. When I consider it's taken me the best part of 3 days to finish this 38 episode series, I'm even more reluctant to start LotGH now. It's kinda worrying me how I'm losing the focus to see long shows through to the end. Need a break before I even attempt to start Kingdom 2 so it's time to ask you folks for recommendations again!

Out of Nana, Lovely Complex, Kimi ni Todoke and ef: Memories, which should I pick first?

Well... Nana's kinda long...but good... kimi no todoke is super slow.. but good....lovely complex is aight and enjoyable but imo still kinda bad, and ef memories is pretty aight and short

Would recommend in this order, Nana, Ef Memories, Kimi no Todoke, Lovely Complex, see spoiler for semi in-depth thoughts

I really enjoyed Kimi no todoke... even... if they're fucking mentally challenged in regards to each other.... but I really like it

=D (~24+13 for both seasons) pacing of the show is ssuupppeerrr ssllloowwww... but so cute and warming it makes you wanna gag... in a semi good way..... maybe... +1 from me, 

Nana I also really enjoyed, would recomend you watch that one if you want to go through (have time for) nearly 50 episodes... I think its overall solid, its pretty long...  so..... +1 if you wanna watch a ~50 ep animu

Lovely Complex is semi typical rom-com...with accents.... its aight but definately out of these 4, i'd watch last (~24 episodes) 

Ef Memories: overall, pretty solid rom/drama w/e... also shortest of the choices, (13 episodes)  and.. *shrug* thats it....

TL:DR of the spoilers.. for some reason...

If unlimited time, Nana, if short time Ef Memories, if somewhere in the middle Kimi no Todoke, if a fucking no life shitter who sacrafices sleep for anime, all of the above....  and then lovely complex... 

Genuinely quite impressed with this week's Saekano.

Also, Gintoki and Shinichi,

is that you?

Off to watch Shigatsu (and grabbing some a box of tissues).

wow how didnt i realise diane from 7 sins there and sailor moon. along with that girl from kill la kill i think?