Solono

Anime Thread 2.0

rxQz8vJ.png

:3

My thoughts on volumes 1 and 2 (no spoilerinos):

It seems that the anime took straight from the light novels and didn't change much if anything (not a bad thing). I loved reading through the story again and getting a better understanding of the overarching plot and motives of all the characters. The character development was amazing in the anime but off the charts in the light novels. The light novels also give you much more insight into Holo and Lawrence's relationship, for example, their thinking and attitudes towards each other that were harder to pick up on in the anime unless blatantly obvious. I'm looking forward to getting out of the anime's story and not knowing what will come next. As I understand it, the first season of the anime is books 1 and 2 while the second season is books 3 and 5. Would reccomend reading theses novels if you love Spice and Wolf.

Well... Nana's kinda long...but good... kimi no todoke is super slow.. but good....lovely complex is aight and enjoyable but imo still kinda bad, and ef memories is pretty aight and short

Would recommend in this order, Nana, Ef Memories, Kimi no Todoke, Lovely Complex, see spoiler for semi in-depth thoughts

I really enjoyed Kimi no todoke... even... if they're fucking mentally challenged in regards to each other.... but I really like it

=D (~24+13 for both seasons) pacing of the show is ssuupppeerrr ssllloowwww... but so cute and warming it makes you wanna gag... in a semi good way..... maybe... +1 from me, 

Nana I also really enjoyed, would recomend you watch that one if you want to go through (have time for) nearly 50 episodes... I think its overall solid, its pretty long...  so..... +1 if you wanna watch a ~50 ep animu

Lovely Complex is semi typical rom-com...with accents.... its aight but definately out of these 4, i'd watch last (~24 episodes) 

Ef Memories: overall, pretty solid rom/drama w/e... also shortest of the choices, (13 episodes)  and.. *shrug* thats it....

TL:DR of the spoilers.. for some reason...

If unlimited time, Nana, if short time Ef Memories, if somewhere in the middle Kimi no Todoke, if a fucking no life shitter who sacrafices sleep for anime, all of the above....  and then lovely complex... 

I guess I'll check out ef then, thanks man! :)

wow how didnt i realise diane from 7 sins there and sailor moon. along with that girl from kill la kill i think?

Yep. I think Kirito's in the bottom left corner as well lel.

Also, Kingdom was actually pretty decent. The first half was pretty god awful but things really picked up fast after that. Hoping Kingdom 2 will be even better!

From the Size Comparison video that was linked a few days ago, I got myself to finish up Tenga Toppen Gurren Laggan after putting it on hold for a year, to which I ask myself, why the fuck didn't I earlier? While this wasn't the best I've seen, it's certainly pretty high. This has also raised the question of WHY DO I CARE SO FUCKING MUCH FOR NIA?! 

I spent every episode since her appearance knowing that she was going to die, and while the ending fight was a bunch of over the top goodness, there was still part of me that couldn't stop thinking "When is she going to die? When is she going to die? Is she going to die now?" 

A recurring problem for me is that I tend to have trouble why I like things. It seems to me that whenever I dislike something, I can pretty much just list off every reason right then and there, but if I like something, I'll just stand there with my head down in shame, unable to justify it.

Edit: As a sidenote, I pretty much came to see Yoko, then decided to stay for Nia.

From the Size Comparison video that was linked a few days ago, I got myself to finish up Tenga Toppen Gurren Laggan after putting it on hold for a year, to which I ask myself, why the fuck didn't I earlier? While this wasn't the best I've seen, it's certainly pretty high. This has also raised the question of WHY DO I CARE SO FUCKING MUCH FOR NIA?! 

I spent every episode since her appearance knowing that she was going to die, and while the ending fight was a bunch of over the top goodness, there was still part of me that couldn't stop thinking "When is she going to die? When is she going to die? Is she going to die now?" 

A recurring problem for me is that I tend to have trouble why I like things. It seems to me that whenever I dislike something, I can pretty much just list off every reason right then and there, but if I like something, I'll just stand there with my head down in shame, unable to justify it.

Edit: As a sidenote, I pretty much came to see Yoko, then decided to stay for Nia.

Gurren Lagann was one of the first anime that I watched and it's still one of my favorites of all time. No words can even describe how much raw energy and passion that was poured into this show. Whenever the characters were sad/depressed, I could feel tears welling up. Whenever Gurren Lagann appeared and Simon found himself fighting impossibly tough enemies, I found myself cheering at the screen. And this is coming from the guy who falls asleep watching big shounen hits like One Piece and Hunter x Hunter because I just don't get emotionally attached to characters on that deep a level. Despite its outlandish setting and cheesy speeches, TTGL has an immense amount of heart that carries it all through and when that happens, it's really hard not to fall in love with the characters.

Regarding Nia:

I think the reason everyone cares so much about her is mainly to do with Simon. There's so much investment in his character early on. He's such a pussy early on but then Kamina drags him out of his hole (literally) leading me to developing a real mixed bag of feelings from watching him grow. I think that's the whole point of Simon's character in the first half - he's not meant to be the amazing hero that everyone likes. Kamina is. However, as you watch him grow from a pitiful kid to...well, less of a pitiful kid, you really get emotionally invested in his character since it's like you're there with the rest of the characters getting angry and frustrated at him for being such a coward and hoping he'll grow into a true hero since he has the potential. And then Kamina dies and everything gets reset to square one, including the audience's hope and trust in Simon. And then right at that point of deep despair, we have Nia emerge. She rescues Simon from his psychological breakdown and effectively 'saves' the viewers' beliefs in Simon at the same time. That's my personal analysis anyway: Gurren Lagann's all about emotional attachment. Nia's a savior to Simon and she means the world to him so by extension, we see her in the same way. Looking back (bearing in mind that it's been about 2yrs since I've last watched it), I can't really remember there being much character development for Nia so this explanation makes sense to me at least, lol.

Also, WHAAAAAAT. Girls und Panzer MOVIE?!

VVw9vdE.jpg

120mins run-time and slated for Nov 21st!

Maybe I can be convinced to go and finish GUP and TTGL now.... 

Tried 3 times to get through TTGL and am still in the first third or so... I faintly remember a walking battleship.

GUP makes me cringe, the abridged version was fun though.

Tried 3 times to get through TTGL and am still in the first third or so... I faintly remember a walking battleship.

Gonna say the same thing about TTGL that I said about Hyouka: unless you can get yourself behind the characters, you'll probably find it hard to enjoy yourself. The story itself is pretty crazy (even for Gainax) so unless you're into that sort of stuff, I reckon it'll be tough to get through the show if you don't like the characters. Also, I'd maybe give it until episode 8 before you decide whether to drop it or not - TTGL has Steins;Gate syndrome lol.

GUP makes me cringe, the abridged version was fun though.

If GuP makes you cringe, you should try K-On...

mRtN5.gif

tumblr_ng7oh7XP1N1sfhbpeo3_500.gif

Spoiler tagged due to size.

Im bored with baccano what else to watch

Fuck you

I think i'll watch highschool DxD :^)

FUCK

YOOOOOUUUUUU

But legit - I respect your right to have an opinion

Even if its wrong :P

Edit:

So much lynx in this thread I want to watch/listen to. Damn shitty phone

Strike witches is actually really good

--Lolipantsu overload--   --critical brainfailure--   --emergency shutdown initiated--

you got me

rxQz8vJ.png

:3

My thoughts on volumes 1 and 2 (no spoilerinos):

It seems that the anime took straight from the light novels and didn't change much if anything (not a bad thing). I loved reading through the story again and getting a better understanding of the overarching plot and motives of all the characters. The character development was amazing in the anime but off the charts in the light novels. The light novels also give you much more insight into Holo and Lawrence's relationship, for example, their thinking and attitudes towards each other that were harder to pick up on in the anime unless blatantly obvious. I'm looking forward to getting out of the anime's story and not knowing what will come next. As I understand it, the first season of the anime is books 1 and 2 while the second season is books 3 and 5. Would reccomend reading theses novels if you love Spice and Wolf.

I have $250 amazon credit, will buy

Everything you need to know about a show in one line: edition #1

Planetes: Space Garbagemen

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The Gayest Space Opera

Parasyte: Never fapping with that hand again

Knights of Sidonia: tentacle mecha

Evangelion: Shinji get in the fucking robot

Sakurasou: moe autism

Steins;Gate: time-travelling microwaves

Haikyuu: volleyball can be gay, too

Usagi Drop: my little child can't possibly be this cute

Gurren Lagann: erections are the meaning of life

Why did i avoid strike witches so long? Ecchi is a bit much, but the story and characters are great

You'll probably love next season's Punchline then.

Why? Because as this Redditor has pointed out, Punchline doesn't have anything to do with punches or lines or punchlines. It's about panty shots.

It could be really bad but since it's Studio MAPPA, there's a chance it might also be really good. Anyone else see the KLK similarities in the PV?

Also, just a reminder that Haikyuu! OVA 1 came out a few days ago so check it out!

Everything you need to know about a show in one line: edition #1

Evangelion: Shinji get in the fucking robot

I don't think I'm the only one who really understands why Shinji doesn't get in the "robot", I mean the whole situation is really understandable.

I don't think I'm the only one who really understands why Shinji doesn't get in the "robot", I mean the whole situation is really understandable.

You are not, but not everyone falls in that category.

Speaking of Spice and Wolf, anyone here reads Magdala?

You are not, but not everyone falls in that category.

Speaking of Spice and Wolf, anyone here reads Magdala?

Only the Prologue and the first Act have been translated into English. The Chinese translators have caught up with all 6 volumes, though.

It looks like anime series need to be released to gather enough of a fanbase to translate the original work.

Clearly all the proclamations of love for Korbo is just for show. Cat ears are cute. That should have been a good enough reason all by itself.