Sign in to follow this  
Coordinator

I just came back to tonks after 1.5 years and jesus christ this game is hard

All of the maps have changed

There are new maps

I don't remember the properties of any of the shit I use except that I should shoot enemy tonks in the lower front plate, unless it's an IS-6 maybe??

I got berated for facehugging in my IS-7 (how do i play tank???)

I don't even recognise the game any more

I even heard that people actually deliberately use IS-7s in CW

1. To brawling, RIP vision. You now have to get up close, and heavies and mediums reign supreme in the hands of good players

2. See Point 1. They all eschew vision in favor of brawling more or less.

3. RIP. Mechanics should come back pretty fast, it's the new meta that's going to probably take a bit of getting used to.

4. I'm not sure why you would get berated for face hugging in an IS-7, considering that it remains to this day the king of face hugging. 

5. yeah, there's been a lot of changes since the 8.x era (not quite sure when you left). Arty's just as shitty as ever though, that's for sure.

6. With the APCR gold round (HEAT got nerfed hard), brawling nature of the maps, and excellent armor and speed conducive to such, it has made a revival as a push tank, along with support by 50Bs (T57 finally got hit hard. The firepower is as devastating if it works, but the gun handling was vastly nerfed. So much for on the move firing in that)

btw, NTR's dead :^)

The 50B is back? That actually makes me happy, I always thought it was incredibly dumb that the T57 should just straight up replace a tank. Like, really, it was inarguably just a straight upgrade. So stupid. I imagine it still gets some use in CW if the fighting is cqb though.

btw, NTR's dead :^)

a tragedy, truly. I'd say a eulogy but all that comes to mind is "thanks zazie for running diplomacy to ensure I could get campaign tanks".

Dude I thought you died

I won't lie, I only came back to make gold for warships. Speaking of which, is anyone recruiting a shitter with an IS-7/E5/140/M60(lol)/7201(lol)

Coordinator check Dias recruitment thread for NA, you should be able to get a pretty decent clan there. 

edit its pinned so its really easy to find. 

I took a look and the list, while really nice, is immediately invalidated by placing NTR in the 'competent/experienced' section. Ha! Haaaaa.

But seriously I'll look into joining a clan in the next week or whatever.

I took a look and the list, while really nice, is immediately invalidated by placing NTR in the 'competent/experienced' section. Ha! Haaaaa.

But seriously I'll look into joining a clan in the next week or whatever.

it's also extremely outdated

DoS completely died about 3months ago and is still on it

while loli isn't on it :<

All of the maps have changed

There are new maps

I don't remember the properties of any of the shit I use except that I should shoot enemy tonks in the lower front plate, unless it's an IS-6 maybe??

I got berated for facehugging in my IS-7 (how do i play tank???)

I don't even recognise the game any more

I even heard that people actually deliberately use IS-7s in CW

Yeah, I just got back after raging quiting the game since getting a 3rd CWs tank to get into old, non-ded NTR was impossible, and game is pretty weird and hard at times.

I'm surprised you didn't become a war blunder/wargame fag and actually came back, though.

I won't lie, I only came back to make gold for warships. Speaking of which, is anyone recruiting a shitter with an IS-7/E5/140/M60(lol)/7201(lol)

if you want gold, the money is in skirmishes.

lf skirmish team. i have a T69, a 50 100, a T29, and, uh, that's it.

for consistent skirmishing you'll want a good tank for every tier, most teams you find on wotlabs will usually make 3-7k a week with the more established but more exclusive teams making 5-10k but I've not been able to really do skirmishes for a few months so my expected earnings may be off due to some recent changes on group organization.

3-7k a week? Wow, they really revamped skirmishes huh? Back when I ran them you'd get like.. 250-500. Wasn't even worth the time. Guess I'll look into getting more good low tier tenk.

3-7k a week? Wow, they really revamped skirmishes huh? Back when I ran them you'd get like.. 250-500. Wasn't even worth the time. Guess I'll look into getting more good low tier tenk.

teir, map, rules, # of people changes every week,

Ie this week its 4v4 tier 5s with no light tanks allowed

week before last it was tier 8s on a new map made for tier 3s (it was really stupid as you could guess, you get autospotted as soon as the game starts)

There are also a ton of mini events that can have some pretty nice payouts

Why did you return to this game?

Solely to make gold for WoWS. It's kind of nice though - I don't care about my stats so I've just been soloing (I suspect this will very quickly show through in my 60 day WN8).

Holy crap you're alive.

Hooray!

Skirmishes are the way to go. They post the details a week in advance, so you have time to decide if you actually want to play whatever crazy shit they throw out there and purchase a tank to do so. They are all fun, but the lower tier ones are often infuriating. I lose interest as soon as you're looking at facing off with 10 Tier-I tanks on Swamp or some bullshit. They had one not too long ago; 5 tanks total, 2 of which HAD to be lights and the rest HAD to be SPGs. 

And for that week running a Spall Liner on your FV304 and using it as a heat-seeking yolo derp missile was a good idea.

But getting good tanks in each tier with decent crews is a must. At least plan on spending a little gold to retrain a commander with Sixth Sense. 

Also, expect to spend a ton of silver. You earn nothing for the battles, run premium stuffs... Another reason to get into an active clan; strongholds mean regular credit bonuses for the whole clan and regular stronghold games for that sweet, sweet income.

You can find teams tagless via WoTLabs, but some clans (like AWFUL) will tend to field 2 or 3 teams each week if the skirmish looks good.

yeah I did skirmishes in those days too. We now have group stages where for example the top 10% performing teams win 5k top 20% get 2500 then a 3 day playoff with the old rules and payouts you know.

At this point they could cut the payouts in half and it would still be a better gold per hour conversion than CW.

That, and it fun, dynamic, no tank locking, each week is a little different... It has kept me in the game, to be perfectly honest.