Canadian_Reaper

How do you 13 75 vs T10's?

I found the AMX 13 75 a much MUCH better crew trainer than the 12t. It handles better, the gun feels nicer... I moved my Polar bear crew to the 13 75 and started training a crew on it because the 13 90 is a keeper for team battles etc.

If you are thinking of the AMX 30 line as well -> think of training the crew on a heavy like the BDR or ARL 44 instead... because you are retraining from light/heavy to medium anyway you may as well train a crew WITH  a loader for the 30 line.

Upside about tier 6 and 7 scouts is that you are playing with heavy hitters, so spotting damage can net you a significant amount of credits and XP. Unless you are OP Bulldog, focus 100% on scouting. City maps, surviving (hide behind a corner, ffs)

Good thread and timely, since I am about 18k away from my 13-75 (but may keep the 12t for a while longer before moving up the line). 

In 12t:

Currently running GLD, Vents and Binos (400m resting is fine on the move, but I want to be able to passive scout and spot the %&^* out of anything that comes into 450m when the situation calls for it. I carry 2-3 APCR-AP.  Honestly, I fire more APCR than I should in the 12t, which gets expensive.  I just want to be sure I can pen anything I run into at the start of a battle given that I can't switch ammo very easily. So the battles I make money in are the ones where I get 1-2 clips of APCR out and then load up the AP for damage to pad my purse. 

Predictions for 13 75 (would love advice on any misconceptions)

1)Swap binos for optics.  The native 390m with vents, view skills and optics should be fine. Plus I generally don't passive (or at least don't bet the farm on it) as much in high tiers with the view range spam (albeit lessened with the TD nerfs) 

2)Be able to use terrain to better effect. The -8 degrees of depression is double that of the 12t (though you give up 3 degrees of elevation), which, I think, can make this tank much more deadly, even with the rear turret mount. 

3) Going to go a full APCR layout, credits be damned. An autoloader with 200 pen can just be a monster, but I find the increased velocity helps quite a bit too in landing shots at mid/long range with that otherwise wonky gun. I think of myself as pretty good about ammo selection in normal tanks, but autoloaders (even with short clip reloads) are a different breed and much less forgiving here. 

It took a little while to get used to the 12t, but I have grown to like it and have over 3k WN8, though I may elite it (take the time to grind out the arty segue that I never plan to use) just to be sure I have my LT autoloader playstyle down, since i'll be in those things for many games to come.  

Fairly new to this tank...and not liking it as much as 12T but right now I'm playing it as mostly a vision tank...esp in T10 match.

I have swaped binos off and on ...still not sure if its the best...but seems to help burn through camo...spend a fair amount of time spotting.

2 clips AP the rest APCR...agree with most...all APCR will result in much better games if you have the credits to sustain.

It definately gets stronger the longer the game is going...as it can clip low health tanks...even T10s...but you really need to "not be the focus".

Honestly i seem to either get a 2k win 8 or 200 win 8...when it goes bad in this tank...yer done.

Got my mastery in a decent game last night in T10 game...wasnt amazing but not too shabby either:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1775209#swamp-hanz_gooblemienhoffen_42-amx_13_75

Still watching replays and readying trying to get better at this one...but its been tough on the win rate.

Response in RED

Predictions for 13 75 (would love advice on any misconceptions)

1)Swap binos for optics.  The native 390m with vents, view skills and optics should be fine. Plus I generally don't passive (or at least don't bet the farm on it) as much in high tiers with the view range spam (albeit lessened with the TD nerfs) Agreed. 

2)Be able to use terrain to better effect. The -8 degrees of depression is double that of the 12t (though you give up 3 degrees of elevation), which, I think, can make this tank much more deadly, even with the rear turret mount.  1375 is quite comfy.  Also, you can clip more often with a 15 sec reload

3) Going to go a full APCR layout, credits be damned. An autoloader with 200 pen can just be a monster, but I find the increased velocity helps quite a bit too in landing shots at mid/long range with that otherwise wonky gun. I think of myself as pretty good about ammo selection in normal tanks, but autoloaders (even with short clip reloads) are a different breed and much less forgiving here.  100% agreed.  You can't bring any AP if you want to be able to reload full clips late game.  I'd bring AP if it had more ammo.  

Timely thread for me too.  I just moved into the 13 75 from the 12t.  So far liking it much more.   Went through the 12t over the 3x weekend which was probably a mistake.

The 12t just felt too sluggish to me.  The gun was fine but staying out of trouble was beyond my skill level.

Starting on the 13 75 using the enhanced suspension to allow mounting the top gun.  Have the second engine and even config'ed like this it's more maneuverable than the 12t.

So far very happy with it.  Vents, optics, and will be eGLD once I can get rid of the enhanced suspension.  Crew is ~80% camo but commander has full 6th sense.  Thinking I'll play this until the crew is well into their second skill.

As per my comment it is much harder to carry shit teams in the 1375. Here is a case in point. Map was lakeville we started south and I went to the bush in the middle on the track. I watched a lot of their heavies run into town as I was expecting my team to start shooting what I was spotting. That is when I realized shit they are bad! I got 0 spotting damage this game even though I had that forward bush on the middle track? I ended up having to go assault light and did lots of damage, some from the track the rest when I went and supported the gaggle that collapsed in valley. this is happening over and over with this tank.

The thing is in my Bulldog I think I would have had a chance. most of the remaining enemy tanks were one or 2 shots except the 50100 which ended up taking me out. The 13 75 just feels incapable carrying bad teams were as the bulldog feels capable no matter the odds.

wWzx52D.jpg

edit this is this mornings session in the amx 1375

OEIx7li.jpg

It's probably just me!

I swapped my binocs for optics and miss the binocs when I try to passive... when active you should have some place to hide anyway... I may switch back.

This tank is just unlucky with teams I think it may be cursed. I just want out of it so I don't see it again. I am running at about 3.5k wn8 in it but can't buy a win. Even though I am up front lighting enemy, no one is shooting them. I end up having to deal all the damage myself. I think I have had about 30 games out of the 100 that are over 45% chance to win. I don't normally look at chance to win but in this case it seems accurate.

Some tanks are just unlucky I guess.

As per my comment it is much harder to carry shit teams in the 1375. Here is a case in point. Map was lakeville we started south and I went to the bush in the middle on the track. I watched a lot of their heavies run into town as I was expecting my team to start shooting what I was spotting. That is when I realized shit they are bad! I got 0 spotting damage this game even though I had that forward bush on the middle track? I ended up having to go assault light and did lots of damage, some from the track the rest when I went and supported the gaggle that collapsed in valley. this is happening over and over with this tank.

The thing is in my Bulldog I think I would have had a chance. most of the remaining enemy tanks were one or 2 shots except the 50100 which ended up taking me out. The 13 75 just feels incapable carrying bad teams were as the bulldog feels capable no matter the odds.

I'm in the same boat. Not a terrible light tank, but slow acceleration, meh maneuverability, terrible gun handling and low ammo count seem to really hamper it. I'm down to 56% w/r, It's just not that capable of carrying shit teams. Though I think I also have the additional problem of being purple-focused, which can be deadly in light tanks.

i think if u look on my account i have one of the best games ever in the amx 13 75 with 3150 xp and a damage of 5700 and i just spammed gold and killed heavies tanks who are engaged easy as that

i think if u look on my account i have one of the best games ever in the amx 13 75 with 3150 xp and a damage of 5700 and i just spammed gold and killed heavies tanks who are engaged easy as that

if that is real, it is probably close to the record best ever damage done in that tank.  you averaged 158 damage per shot (if you fired them all), for a shell that only does 135 on average.  presumably you got lots of fires and ammo racks?  And you didn't "waste" damage by getting low HP kills?

Edit:

just checked, its 5177, which is still an incredible 143 dam/shell.  If that wasn't the record best ever game, its got to be close.  do you know if you penned all 36 shots?  did the tank used to have more ammo?

thanks for the correction lo didnt mean to be so far off. But yes i did get one fore on a e100 for 1200 damage i think and i knew i had to save my shots so i didnt keep shooting him, and i prob did pen all my shots. i find that just aiming your shots even at the risk of getting shot back is worth it. 

also since i find that in an autoloader maximizing your clip is important i dont shoot tanks with lower hp then my average damage. 

about the best game ever, i dont know if this is accurate but http://www.noobmeter.com/tank/eu/AMX_13_75

The problem with this tank is that nothing on the battlefield actually fears you. Or at least almost nothing. The bulldog instills fear even in many tier 9's. You start circling and they know they are going to have a bad day. 1375 starts circling and tier 9's are yawning. Even the t37 is a better scout/assault light than the 1375. I have seen waffle drives curl up in the corner of the map (not so unusual for waffle drivers) because a t49 or 1390 is prowling.

So the 13 75 needs to find a bush right?

You are so slow that any other tier 7 scout is in position, here is a good example. Although these guys are up one tier. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_eCLlViuu8k it is only 1 minute long. I would embed if I knew how.

The tank isn't terrible and it is great for padding wn8 but if you want to help team win and winning is what I am most interested in, then I really should be driving another tank. 

I ram them. But that isn't advisable.

IF I wanted to do well, I'd load full gold, coffee, and work on doing 1 clip of damage to the sides of tier 10 mediums, and then clip out any arty, as well as TDs you'll find late game.

The other thing I noticed of the 147 battles I have had only 45 have been in tier 8. The rest have been tier 9 and 10. I thought this wasn't possible within mm?

The other thing I noticed of the 147 battles I have had only 45 have been in tier 8. The rest have been tier 9 and 10. I thought this wasn't possible within mm?

U thought wrong. If You talk about even MM spread, then You can be sure your sample size is too low and it will eventually even out.

The problem with this tank is that nothing on the battlefield actually fears you. Or at least almost nothing. The bulldog instills fear even in many tier 9's. You start circling and they know they are going to have a bad day. 1375 starts circling and tier 9's are yawning. Even the t37 is a better scout/assault light than the 1375. I have seen waffle drives curl up in the corner of the map (not so unusual for waffle drivers) because a t49 or 1390 is prowling.

So the 13 75 needs to find a bush right?

You are so slow that any other tier 7 scout is in position, here is a good example. Although these guys are up one tier. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_eCLlViuu8k it is only 1 minute long. I would embed if I knew how.

The tank isn't terrible and it is great for padding wn8 but if you want to help team win and winning is what I am most interested in, then I really should be driving another tank.

In my book the 13 75 is better than the T71 simply because of the 202 APCR round combined with good accuracy.

If you are circling someone in the 13 75 you are playing it horribly, horribly wrong, the advantage of the french autoloaders against US autoloaders in general is in the post-fire bloom, aim time, and accuracy, combine that with camo and you actually have a perfectly effective tank.