rahin88

AMX CDC looking for unicum replays and help with consistency

I am having 1780 DPG. but past 40 are 2000 DPG. I'm finding hard to keep up with consistency on this tank. Either im dying way early with 0-500 damage or lagging behind team to get damage while they are rolling on opp team. I am trying to find unicum replays with 2500+ DPG. any tips on increasing the consistency ? more gold rounds ?

Thanks

Rahin

The standard gold round is usually more than enough to get by, the gold rounds are only really needed for T9 tanks frontally or the very well armoured T10's for flanks (E 100 sides can troll you with the AP round for example).

I, like you, have trouble keeping consistency, my DPG is only around 1900 and that's usually due to the same, either me dying early due to overextending or actually managing to flank properly and carrying like crazy. I think this is due to many tankers not being used to a tank being so fragile, anyone playing the Leopard 1 while instantly have a good feel of what to do with it, but others don't. It's indeed a difficult tank to play and despite me being almost 3200 WN8 recent and I'm pretty sure that I know what to do in most situations, I still find this tank incredibly challenging to play. Why? Because it will punish you greatly if you overextend, you will have close to zero probability of being able to take a hit or two without it being too much damage taken. The tank relies on the overall speed and general comfortability of the depression to make you minimise exposure and therefore using terrain and stealth as your armour. 

The key to this tank IMO is all about situational and map awareness, that you know what to do when the situations present themselves onto you. This takes a lot of practice and if this is your first paper tank you needn't really worry much. This kind of gameplay takes time to learn, how to avoid damage while still being able to deal damage without any armour what so ever. If you've had any similar tanks in terms of gameplay before that'll surely help you if you try to remember how to. 

• The Leopard is probably the prime example, about equal firepower tier for tier and about as accurate as well. The Leopard I plays identically, however that tank has got the advantage of always being top tier and can often outplay most tanks in terms of view range, the CDC doesn't really have that option sometimes. 
  • The Hellcat is also a decent example, the pre-nerf Hellcat was probably over gunned in terms of firepower, but when it came to positioning and flanking the tank played very similar as well. 
  • The M46 Patton is sure as hell slower and the tank can't take hit for shit either and it instead plays more on view range than stealth, but it still relies on the overall comfortability and depression to make terrain it's armour.

The standard gold round is usually more than enough to get by, the gold rounds are only really needed for T9 tanks frontally or the very well armoured T10's for flanks (E 100 sides can troll you with the AP round for example).

I, like you, have trouble keeping consistency, my DPG is only around 1900 and that's usually due to the same, either me dying early due to overextending or actually managing to flank properly and carrying like crazy. I think this is due to many tankers not being used to a tank being so fragile, anyone playing the Leopard 1 while instantly have a good feel of what to do with it, but others don't. It's indeed a difficult tank to play and despite me being almost 3200 WN8 recent and I'm pretty sure that I know what to do in most situations, I still find this tank incredibly challenging to play. Why? Because it will punish you greatly if you overextend, you will have close to zero probability of being able to take a hit or two without it being too much damage taken. The tank relies on the overall speed and general comfortability of the depression to make you minimise exposure and therefore using terrain and stealth as your armour. 

The key to this tank IMO is all about situational and map awareness, that you know what to do when the situations present themselves onto you. This takes a lot of practice and if this is your first paper tank you needn't really worry much. This kind of gameplay takes time to learn, how to avoid damage while still being able to deal damage without any armour what so ever. If you've had any similar tanks in terms of gameplay before that'll surely help you if you try to remember how to. 

• The Leopard is probably the prime example, about equal firepower tier for tier and about as accurate as well. The Leopard I plays identically, however that tank has got the advantage of always being top tier and can often outplay most tanks in terms of view range, the CDC doesn't really have that option sometimes. 
  • The Hellcat is also a decent example, the pre-nerf Hellcat was probably over gunned in terms of firepower, but when it came to positioning and flanking the tank played very similar as well. 
  • The M46 Patton is sure as hell slower and the tank can't take hit for shit either and it instead plays more on view range than stealth, but it still relies on the overall comfortability and depression to make terrain it's armour.

Thanks for input. everyone compares this one to leopard 1. It makes me feel like I should get that but still stuck with leopard light. The only exp I have is hellcat and batchat. I learned the game on pre nerf hellcat in 1300 games. first 400 are as orange and remaining 900 while learning. I think is hellcat is very forgiving for T8 when compared to CDC in T10s. Regarding consistency I feel pressurized in T8 games feeling that I need to carry by going to semi aggressive position in map in the start And then get hit by arty for half of my hp. And play like pussy for remaining of the battle with less contribution.

Very honestly: 1780 DPG is very very respectable in a tier 8 medium. I wouldnt call this a pure tier 8 Leo 1, its more of a cross between the PTA and Leo1. As I mentioned in the CDC thread, its DPG is better than every other of my tier 8 tanks than 1. If you're able to consistently get 2k DPG, you're doing very well in this tank! Positioning in regards to the BatChat, when assaulting, will be very similar.

I don't really agree with the PTA.. this thing has workable depression so the positioning is different, however it's true that the CDC will get punished more for mistakes than the Hellcat will, but in comparison a medium tank has better HP than a paper TD of tier, so it kinda evens out, even though those T10 guns really will rek your tank pretty goddamn quick.

Play it like a bat if you've played it, be a pussy when it's not safe and just go in and rek shit when you see an opportunity.