Shoop_da_whoop

Russian server Q&A

Some guys out here asked me to start Q&A about the RU version of the game and everything around it.

So here I am, ready to answer any your questions (even the ones that can be googled, I'm a kind person).
General questions are welcome too, except you can find answer here: http://snarkynomad.com/10-big-russian-stereotypes-that-are-kinda-true/ I checked, its no bullshit.

Two remarks -- unfortunately I have no experience of being in a clan (for more than 2 hours), so I'm no authority on this topic. I also only play RU and test (thinking of starting EU alt), making any comparisons may be tough to me.

Let's start!

What are the most common insults/pubby-rage remarks over there? For example, excellent players here are declared rerolls, hackers, and gold noobs endlessly. On EU, gold noob is pretty much at least 4 times in every match. Are there any different ones on RU that us western pigs haven't been using?

How much typing do you guys do?

There is generally a fair amount of chat on the NA server.

What percentage of it is friendly/encouraging/helpful/congratulatory?  

What are the common shorthands?

For instance, "gg" after a good game, "AFFIRMATIVE" for all manner of thanking etc.

Are games full of dead whiners? 

How often do you see people helping others spontaneously?

I've heard the play is very aggressive.  Would you call this a healthy/fun meta?

NA server usually has 1 or 2 pubbies flat out yolo at t10. I heard on RU it's a lot of morons. How much YOLO pubbies per match?

By YOLO I mean do some stupid shit 1min into game and die.

Pub match gameplay, what defines it? Are pubbies  hyper-aggressive and intent on rushing to an important location? Are people willing to eat shells and push, especially in heavies? What is the general metagame like (I.e are specific tanks favored amongst the competent players - hard turret hull-down vehicles/brawling tanks) ?

In general, how educated would you say the RU server population is?

Cause our's isn't.

I believe that all people are equal or, at least, the normal distribution is normal. I think winrate and other metrics can grasp people's abilities in other fields, to some extent. The big part of the RU playerbase unfortunately isn't very educated (and grammar mistakes are common, that's another metric we can use).

Russia has so many servers like RU1, RU2, RU3, etc... have you played them all? lol

Here are the geographical locations of our servers:

RU1 — Moscow

RU2 — Moscow

RU3 — Frankfurt am Mein

RU4 — Novosibirsk, Siberia

RU5 — Moscow

RU6 — Moscow

RU7 — Moscow

RU8 — Krasnoyarsk, Siberia

RU9 — Amsterdam

Basically we have 5 servers in Moscow that take care of players in the European part of Russia, 2 servers in Siberia for the Asian parts (they would have ping around 100-150 to Moscow servers) and 2 in Europe. So when you guys want to play on RU, choose RU9 or RU3.

What are the most common insults/pubby-rage remarks over there? For example, excellent players here are declared rerolls, hackers, and gold noobs endlessly. On EU, gold noob is pretty much at least 4 times in every match. Are there any different ones on RU that us western pigs haven't been using?

Well, for a good player we have "statist" (a person obsessed with his statistics, implying that he cares more about damage farming than of his team). There are sometimes remarks about gold shells too but it is not that common, I don't think they are used as often as on EU and US, except for certain tanks like E100 or E25. And of course we have various insults for arty players like "arta -- huy u rta"/ arty --- dick in the mouth.

Well, they are kinda true!

How much typing do you guys do?

There is generally a fair amount of chat on the NA server.

What percentage of it is friendly/encouraging/helpful/congratulatory?  

What are the common shorthands?

For instance, "gg" after a good game, "AFFIRMATIVE" for all manner of thanking etc.

Are games full of dead whiners? 

How often do you see people helping others spontaneously?

I've heard the play is very aggressive.  Would you call this a healthy/fun meta?

Well, most players tend to start to use chat to offend their teammates for a dumb play when they are already in hangar. Seeing friendly remarks is uncommon, tho. For team interaction we mostly use ingame commands. And there are no shortcuts, russian slang is short enough.

As of helping each other, it is uncommon (due mostly to the lack of understanding of the game), but it happens.

What do you call aggressive? Could you specify?

Are there constant #Remove_Arty_From_Game rants on the RU forums? Is there rampant TKing at the lower tiers? Do they like American rerolls? Are memes legal on the RU forums? And also, what's the game flow of the mid-tier pub match?

Are russian pubs ignorant to skill, and blame everything they do wrong on other players/RNG(like on the US server)

What do you call aggressive? Could you specify?

Thanks for the answers so far.

I'd call aggressive locations those around or beyond the midpoints between two caps.  

Locations where you cannot/shouldn't go alone.

Do you get guys flooding to or past these?

If someone leads the way, will a bunch of guys fall in?

Contrast to camping, where guys hang back at base, or so far back that they can't even get draw range on the enemies. 

NA server usually has 1 or 2 pubbies flat out yolo at t10. I heard on RU it's a lot of morons. How much YOLO pubbies per match?

By YOLO I mean do some stupid shit 1min into game and die.

Sure, we have 1-2 YOLO drummers per match more often than not. Usually a pubbie tries to boost his DPG by unloading one full drum in T57/Waffle/BChat. Usually he fails.

Pub match gameplay, what defines it? Are pubbies  hyper-aggressive and intent on rushing to an important location? Are people willing to eat shells and push, especially in heavies? What is the general metagame like (I.e are specific tanks favored amongst the competent players - hard turret hull-down vehicles/brawling tanks) ?

On high tiers most of the time different tank types go where they belong. Seeing E100 in AT mode on El Halliuf or BChat trying to brawl on Himmels 8 line is a rarity. I' wouldn't call pubbies hyper aggressive nevertheless, they are fairly unpredictable on lower tiers and have a tendency to camp on all tiers. An average player is willing to shoot dat' red tank, he doesn't care how much he exposes himself. 

Among unicums MT are still the most common type (at least in high tiers). But seeing purple platoon with two E100s and a T57/50b is not that rare. They would be used more if not for arty skill deflator, I think there are much more high tier artys now with these IMs lately.

Are there constant #Remove_Arty_From_Game rants on the RU forums? Is there rampant TKing at the lower tiers? Do they like American rerolls? Are memes legal on the RU forums? And also, what's the game flow of the mid-tier pub match?

Sure. TKing? Happens, but not that often. I'm a rare guest on RU official forums, and don't know much about their rules, sorry. 

American rerolls? I doubt they exist in any noticeable numbers. Test server is another story.

Low-to-med tier players are mostly red-oranges and they either camp or go to the open and die. Or both sides camp and it's a draw. Gameplay on citymaps like Himmels or Ruinberg tends to be much more dynamic though. Probably it is one of the reasons for WG to add more of them.

Are russian pubs ignorant to skill, and blame everything they do wrong on other players/RNG(like on the US server)

It's a trait of our specie, I think.

Thanks for the answers so far.

I'd call aggressive locations those around or beyond the midpoints between two caps.  

Locations where you cannot/shouldn't go alone.

Do you get guys flooding to or past these?

If someone leads the way, will a bunch of guys fall in?

Contrast to camping, where guys hang back at base, or so far back that they can't even get draw range on the enemies. 

Ok. In an early game you can meet a lonely drum pubbie seeking for a prey (and it's usually himself) in a very agressive location, that's all. But if you confidently lead the push and meet no resistance others may follow.

Do you have your own Kewei?

An average player is probably aware of Straik and Jove (for his modpacks), but that's all. 

How do I into Russian language?

Specifically spoken and written. Rosetta Stone isn't helping me much.

Are you sure you need to? What's your goal? What are your resources you are willing to put into (money/time)? 

I happen to have a wife who is a Russian as a foreign language teacher (one of her specialities) so I can ask, but you would need to specify. PM me if you want to.

Of course, they have like 100 of them, in -KOPM.

I think he was trying to be a bit more specific. Like a player who stands out above everyone else. -KOPM has a bunch of players that stand out but is there someone that stands out even in that clan? If so that is their Kewei

I think he was trying to be a bit more specific. Like a player who stands out above everyone else. -KOPM has a bunch of players that stand out but is there someone that stands out even in that clan? If so that is their Kewei

Straik is by far the most famous for his skill, you actually meet some Straik11 or Straik79rus every now and then.

However none of the super unicums are participating in community life, as far as a know.

Does anything like the wotlabs forums exist on ru sites? If not, how do people go about improving their skill level?

I actually posted a topic on the RU forums a while ago, asking generic questions about the game. I used google translate because i only know about 2 words of Russian (both th\nks to Battlefield 3 and 4 lol) and it mostly ended up in a shitstorm about googles butchering of the language, and deciding whether or not i actually was from New Zealand (which i put there to try and lower the hate the post would get)

Anyway, among other things, i noticed that among top RU players the FCM 50T seems a really popular tank. Why is this? On NA the IS-6 is probably the most popular tier 8 premium, i love my FCM, but what makes it so good for RU players?

What is the general opinion of artillery? Do RU players think it is overpowered? A broken game mechanic? (as in, not over powered, but does not work properly with the game, and how it is implemented is wrong, meaning it needs to be changed to play differently rather thsn nerfed)

What are the favourite/best tier 10s on RU? Best considered for carrying games, farming damage per game, etc.

Do RU players have the issue that happens on NA at least, where a couple of tank destroyers can sit in a bush at the base and the enemy team cannot push into them without being destroyed? (happens less since 9.6 but still does)

On NA, at least, many (mostly bad) players seem to think there is a "Russian bias" or an "anti german bias" meaning that Russian tanks are all deliberately a little bit more powerful than other nations, and german tanks are a little bit worse than all other nations. do RU players ever think this? At all? I play tanks like my T-54 or Object 140 and often get people saying "fucking OP russian bias tank"

Whats RU players opinion on WG/devs/support.

Whats the top RU players opinion on WG/devs/support.

How much does WG advertise in Russia? Im from Croatia and i have seen several TV commercials for WOT.

What do RU players think of other servers, anyone re rolling on EU/NA?

How true is the idea of Russians playing on calculators?

Do RU hate rerolling padders as much as the rest of us?